• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Renji

Is this game add-on worth getting? I heard it's something about vampires but i've never been one before in Skyrim and i dont know if i want to spend money on it. Also is dawngaurd a faction you can join and how long is this new dlc quest?

Ghost Of Sparta

It's about 20 more hours of game play and you don't have to be a vampire you can choose to join the Dawnguard which hunts the vampires. I don't have it myself because I'm on PS3 but that's what I know about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Renji

Ok thanks guys i have decided to buy the add on. One last question though, do you have to be a vampire before this or will they turn you into one if you decide to side with the vampires against the Dawngaurd?

Jacobhwrd

You have the choice at the start I the new content as to what side out join. The main quest line is only about 10 hours long but the side quests are longer then that. While it is a little short I think it's worth the money just because of the new weapons and summoned horse and some other little perks that come with it. It is easily worth the $20

Medea

The Shadow Queen
It depends on whether you are a quest fan or an add-on fan.

The Dawnguard questline is not worth the money, imo. It only took me 5-6 hours to complete for both sides. While there are a couple of cool, new dungeons to explore, there just isn't enough to the story. Not to mention the DLC is full of quest-breaking glitches. Like Skyrim had before any of the patches.

But it may be worth it just for the add-ons. It gives you new outfits, new weapons, new creatures to fight, arrow smithing, new shouts, new spells, the ability to change your appearance, etc.

Overall, I'd say it was barely good enough. Despite the "meh" questline and glitches (which seem to mostly affect only the dawnguard quests), the add-ons make-up for it.

Spencerkm

I played the vampires side and i got pretty good loot. I would recomend the vampires because the fact you get to be a vampire lord. I am a lvl 76 nord

brandarwow

Is this game add-on worth getting? I heard it's something about vampires but i've never been one before in Skyrim and i dont know if i want to spend money on it. Also is dawngaurd a faction you can join and how long is this new dlc quest?
whats weird is that i was a werewolf before the dlc and while i was doing dawngaurd quests i became a vampire too

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts