• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skyrim guy

I was killing a dragon an accidentally hit a guard with a shout and now I can go to dawn star with out being attacked how!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I was killing a dragon an accidentally hit a guard with a shout and now I can go to dawn star with out being attacked how!
When that happens, I just wait about 48 hours and then I go back. They still try to arrest me, but at least they don't attack me. I usually find it best to pay off the bounty and be done with it.

Hey, at least they don't judge by prior actions!

Kory Stukenborg

Proud Member of the Mercer County Facial Hair Club
Yeah, just pay off bounty.

Chadonraz

When that happens, I just wait about 48 hours and then I go back. They still try to arrest me, but at least they don't attack me. I usually find it best to pay off the bounty and be done with it.

This. Or, you could find the Guard near Loreius Farm (just north of Whitewatch Tower, and northeast of Whiterun). He is dressed in the same uniform as the Dawnstar guards, so I'd guess he'll attempt to arrest you since you have a bounty in the Pale.
Of course, he might attack you as well... but it may be worth a try. Just keep you weapon sheathed.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !

I agree. There is also another way around. Kill any other witness and you will not get any bounty at all. You were attacked by guards because someone saw you kill that guard so you are guilty, or as the others advised you, you wait 3 days, go back and pay the bounty. Leave not witnesses and you are home free ! ;)

Daelon DuLac

Yeah, I accidently killed a hunter out in Falkreath last night so I have a 1K bounty at the moment. Since I'm never there, it's not really an issue for me, but, when I do end up there for the Dark Brotherhood Quest start, I will pay it off. It's just easier. Of course, if you're broke (say at low levels), you can spend some time in jail. When you're low level, they really can't break your skills down much so it doesn't really matter. It just takes up game time (oh, and they take any stolen goods you have, so, if you're a thief, your screwed).

Daelon DuLac

KILL every last one of them.
Boy, talk about enemy number one. You musn't be welcome anywhere. I've found that, while I can easily take out the entire Markarth City Guard, it causes a certain amount of resentment amongst the populace so I try not to do it.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!