• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Perhaps that could be after DOE, though I think if we're going to get into that kind of thing we need to have a solid foundation, which RPing some less-progressed empires would provide. I would be open to revolutionary/renaissance themes later on, of course; I'm even thinking of including some Greek aspects in Riverhead, making it not only effectively the magical capitol of the world, but also a major philosophical/thinking heartland, so to speak. Though as far as bringing things far enough forward so as to reach the revolutionary era, I think that that should wait just a little.

Speaking of which, if he's interested we should try to get Ponder involved with this. As I can attest based on the writing he's done for an idea of an industrial revolution TES RP, he's very clever with these sorts of things.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    sounds nice, should expand on my empire as well, Industrial skyrim could be a good way to go.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I agree with this, I was however hoping to have a Nordic kingdom, but I would be willing to share a border with MSD

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    You could always have a major Nordic kingdom outside of Skyrim. It would be interesting to see Nordic culture transplanted to a different climate.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    I'm thinking of a floating city, something like Atlantis but I would assume it would be magic infused technology that would keep it running.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Yeah, maybe it'd be best if we saved the industrial/renaissance themes for another time. Also, this is just my input, but I think it kind of seemed weird how the majority of our kingdoms in DOK seemed to mainly use magic when it came to their military. I think Valora and Summerset were the only kingdoms that didn't really use magic. I think we should be more involved with the creation of our civilizations in DOE, balancing out our different empires with different skill sets. I'm thinking of making my empire very conservative and military oriented, with a major focus on civic duty and responsibility.

If anybody else from IoK would be interested, I'd be glad to have them. But I think I'm going to have to pass on the mantle here to someone else to create Dawn of Empires. I'd still like to be involved, but I feel like I have too much on my plate atm to manage the entire thing.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    I could make an Elven Empire, centuries of cross-breeding could lead to a return of the Ayleids, or a race extremely similar, our Empire could stretch from Valenwood to portions of Cyrodiil and a thin line stretching into Elsweyr.

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    I agree. Actually, I think we could do some renaissance themes just fine minus the industrial technology. As for military and skill sets, I did find that odd, and if I'm honest, it made the special magic-oriented snowflake that was RH feel less special :p RH will likely feature some updated form of government that includes a clash between the Hawker dynastic monarchy and a more representative branch (thanks to all the Greek thinking going on). This will likely lead to disagreement on the topics of liberality (representative) vs. conservatism (monarchy), force and power politics vs. more open diplomacy, and the two sides will find common ground on a belief in the importance of knowledge and magical skill - so while the monarchy may not like the revolutionary thinking going on, they will at least respect the pursuit of knowledge.

Also, Osiris, if you'd like, I have a bit of an idea for something of an intertwined history between your Elven empire and RH. I'll elaborate if you'd like. :)

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    I need ideas.

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Yes, I believe sky is.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Ugh, honestly I just want to do this so bad now. :D

Osiris, I don't think you should bring back a race that's been gone for tens of thousands of years. I think you should create your own! The possibilities here are pretty cool, and I'm personally considering making my Empire consist of people who've descended from Dunmer and Imperials.

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Hmm, then would it work if I maintained the areas around the colovian highlands (bruma, falkreath, Elinhir, chorrol, and not quite reaching kvatch?

Tiaz Raydari

Champion of Khorne
    Evil cultist empire, anybody?

The OP3RaT0R

Call me Op. Or Smooth.
    Valin, I think that might be part of Riverhead. However, I think we should keep the map in mind as we form our empires. RH's borders may well change. Although, wouldn't you perhaps want more than just Colovia?

I was going to suggest to Osiris, if he'd be open to it, that perhaps his empire was formed centuries after a major influx of the previously all-but-missing Altmer interbred with a large amount of Redguards for centuries, creating a new race of Yokumer(?). There would be racial tension and differences in beliefs that would make for interesting dynamics.

Tiaz, I would suggest staying away from outright evil empires. They're no fun :p In all seriousness, though, I would suggest that you go for more of a gray-area approach to such an idea. Perhaps they are cultists that seem savage or evil to the other empires, but they are very friendly to outsiders because they want to assimilate others? This is just a random idea, mind you. Something to think on.

Osiris

Child of the Sky
    I was thinking I could integrate Bosmer and Altmer into one race of more LOTR style Elves, but I could make a lower class Yokumer race as well, their mistreatment could lead to conflicts and maybe even a civil war eventually :D

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
    Tiaz, if you want to make a more cultist, more sinister Empire I'd suggest doing something like the Imperium from Warhammer 40K, creating a cult of personality around your leader and having a totalitarian state that brainwashes it's subjects into loyalty. Not just outright evil.

I'm thinking that my Empire and RH could have a history of both fighting each other and joining together to fight off the occasional Akavir invasion.