• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

david1324

So i have now lost my account twice. The first time i was really ticked but i loved the game so i just made a new one. But i made a seconded log in account so i felt like taking the data from the new account and putting it on the old account. I copied it and it said this data is on the PS3 blah blah blah so i deleted my other account thinking this would fix the problem. Nope i tried it after deletion and it still said this data is in use somewhere else and can not save. so what can i do now?

redrkt

Premium Member
ok, first off you cannot use data from another profile.

The other thing is without the exact error message there is no way to know exactly what needs to be done.
kinda like saying " my car won't run, what can I do to fix it".

Here are some things you might try tho, and you will need a flashdrive to do it.
1) quit the game
2) go to saved data utility(PS3)
3) find your game save file (this should be pretty easy to do)
4) click the "triangle button"
5) click on copy
6) choose your flashdrive as the destination
7) copy your saved game file to the flashdrive AND copy it to a file on your PC/Laptop (this is a major thing to do as an additional backup to the PS3(do this at least once a week (daily is better) and then you will always have a copy to fall back on)
Now comes the fun part
8) delete your game save off the PS3
9) delete the game install off the PS3
10) reinstall the game on the console
11) copy your saved game off the flashdrive back to the console

One other thing, the game saves you see in the data utility will apply only to the profile you are logged in to.

Hopefully this will help you

I have 11 accts on my console and this is something I do every day, and I have a flash drive for every acct.

Manmangler

Worst thing that PSN+ account did saw regristing data copy account to another. Earlier I player same saves from Saints Row2 and Oblivion different accounts. After PSN+ came available, I coudnt copy save so freely.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts