Xbox 360 dark brotherhood start

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Ranser

so i have decided to start the dark brotherhood part of the game, the only thing is i don't know how to start it off. any help?

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Go talk to an innkeeper, ask them for the rumours, and they'll eventually tell you that some kid named Aventus Arentino (sp?) is being all weird. You'll then get a miscelaneous objective assigned to go find him - he lives in Windhelm (if memory serves, Elda Early-Dawn in Candlehearth Hall will tell you rather quickly, so you won't have to cycle through all the rumours too terribly much). Go follow your quest marker to his house and talk to him, and it will all go from there.

Usulama

Go talk to an innkeeper, ask them for the rumours, and they'll eventually tell you that some kid named Aventus Arentino (sp?) is being all weird. You'll then get a miscelaneous objective assigned to go find him - he lives in Windhelm (if memory serves, Elda Early-Dawn in Candlehearth Hall will tell you rather quickly, so you won't have to cycle through all the rumours too terribly much). Go follow your quest marker to his house and talk to him, and it will all go from there.

I had some troubles with the next step, because even if various guides on the internet will tell you that getting the note from a courier is optional, it doesn't seem to be. After murdering someone ou have to go from city to city until a courier catches you, gives you a letter with a black hand on it.
Then you have to sleep in a bed that is not your own (AKA an inn).

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
I had some troubles with the next step, because even if various guides on the internet will tell you that getting the note from a courier is optional, it doesn't seem to be. After murdering someone ou have to go from city to city until a courier catches you, gives you a letter with a black hand on it.
Then you have to sleep in a bed that is not your own (AKA an inn).
No, getting that letter is not optional at all. You have to get it, otherwise "With Friends Like These..." (the next quest) will not start.

Just to make sure I'm clear though, unlike Oblivion where you just had to kill a random passer-by on the street, you actually have to complete the quest "Innocence Lost" before you'll get that note. It's not just "someone" you have to kill, it's a specific someone, given to you in a quest. That was what confused the crap out of me when I started playing, I had to do some research to find out that it's totally different in Skyrim, and all those defenseless old men died in vain. :p

Also it doesn't matter who's bed you sleep in. You'll still wake up with a hot chic in the corner and kidnapped victims to kill.