Dark Brotherhood Quests - Skyrim vs Oblivion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SeaDog

Does anyone else think that the Skryim Dark Brotherhood quests are kind of lame? They lack imagination. Go here. Kill this guy. Profit. Borrrrrrring.

At least in Oblivion, there was some imagination to the jobs you took. Go kill this guy, but make it look like an accident. Just loosen the straps on his trophy mount when he sits in his chair at night. It'll fall and kill him.

Or, go to this dinner party, dressed as a guest. When the door locks behind you, you have to kill six people by morning. But none of them can know who the killer is. At least Oblivion had some mischievous imagination to their DB jobs. In Skyrim, it's just kill, kill, kill until you have to deal with Cicero and his crap. I still love the game, but the DB isn't as fun as it used to be.

Khazrihl

Good, then I haven't missed out on anything... (I haven't even TOUCHED the DB or Thieves guild =D)

I agree, <3 Oblivion DB questline.

PS: I kinda lied, I stumbled across the DB hideout (Creepy door is creepy.) without even trying... but otherwise, haven't even started the questline.

Tiddleykong

Craft-Master cat man Lae Rashea
Yes, in all honesty destroying the dark brotherhood in a 2 mission quest line was just as satisfying as the entire dark brotherhood quest line

Khazrihl

Yes, in all honesty destroying the dark brotherhood in a 2 mission quest line was just as satisfying as the entire dark brotherhood quest line

That reminds me, when my friend was talking about the Skyrim DB questline at work... my first question was.

"Was there another Purge?"

Lololololol

BTW: As I said, haven't played the questline, so don't spoil it for me.

EDIT: UNLESS there ISN'T another purge.

EDIT EDIT: UNLESS you are referring to the Skyrim DB Questline right now.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: If that is the case, nevermind. Lol

BabyMickers

Totally sweet
I became so bored with the DB questline that I just stopped completely. There's no imagination AT ALL in any of the missions.

Now I know the DB is almost extinct and what not but that doesn't mean the clients have changed their mind all a sudden and decided not to ask you to kill anyone in interesting ways.

Khazrihl

I became so bored with the DB questline that I just stopped completely. There's no imagination AT ALL in any of the missions.

Now I know the DB is almost extinct and what not but that doesn't mean the clients have changed their mind all a sudden and decided not to ask you to kill anyone in interesting ways.

Not arguing or anything Mickers but... then again... we are in Nord country... they're all about the 'I'm up in your face beating you to death' So maybe they aren't all about the flair. Then again, the whole populace isn't made of Nords... so... there goes my explanation. Heh.

Tiddleykong

I think you are right it is Skyrim they deal with things differently. Also in doing the DB they tell you that they do things differently that's why they are still around while all other DB guilds were wiped out

xanek

I LOVED the DB questline in Skyrim. In Oblivion I was just "meh" about it, in oblivion it was just a way to get a nice horse >.<

In Skyrim it was all about politics, betrayal, and returning to the DB roots. The sanctuary (first one, hated second one) was super cool as well. Subterranean waterfall = win.

Who cares if the killing methods weren't as creative? Even still, I disagree there. Pretending to be a famous chef, sneaking on to a ship to assassinate an emperor? That's awesome! Even if we weren't sneaking on a ship to do it, assassinating the emperor only the second time in Tamriel's history is amazing.

Two things I hate: The Dawnstar Sanctuary and the look of the shrouded armor/blade of woe. That's it, the rest was awesome.

Tiddleykong

Its more of the lore behind DB that they didn't get very creative with, and I hated that stupid clown. The DB used to be so much more underground and dubious

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
I agree. Skyrim is sort of a your on your own kinda thing. While oblivion made you feel like you where part of the family. Quest wise I miss Whodunit.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts