Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

sticky runes

I just killed the leader of the Dark Brotherhood and have no intention of joining the Thieves Guild. Am I missing out?

there are more perks to joining thieves' guild, and lots of money to gained. eventually you'll have access to new shops, and it is a refreshing change to be given tasks that require stealthy skills and you'll also find a use for those mysterious gems that you occasionally find, but the mini-missions do get rather tedious after a while, so get into the thieves' guild whenever you want. You might even want to try out being a thief with a different character in future.

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
hm, I think I'd side with the thieves Guild. While there are a number of aspects of the guild that I don't like (I prefer the guild in Oblivion...plus what's with all the killing guys??), I really enjoyed certain parts of the questline.
Namely Hard Answers, all that sneaking around and setting the traps for the guards was so much fun! Plus escaping via waterfall and sauntering away like nothing happened was like the cherry on top for me

I did like the Brotherhood, some of the targets were great but I felt that despite taking out a few significant characters, there wasn't much.....effect on the rest of Tamriel. I mean, the final target. Surely that would have had a more noticeable change right?
How does killing the emperor not have a bigger effect? Just look how they reacted to it in Oblivion.

Like Runes said, the side missions for the Thieves Guild do get dull, but for me it's worth it for the main questline and the Nightingale Armour.

In a simple answer, yes. I like both questlines although I would agree that some of the Dark Brotherhood members are....anoying, especially Cicero. However, I do like the concept of the Dark Brotherhood more that that of the Thieves Guild. But that is of course a personal opinion.

Ned

Nerevarine
The DB was a mess in Skyrim. It comes together somewhat, in the end, but it just never feels right.

I liked the thieves guild more. More rewards, better characters. It also had a longer, more complete storyline.

Kallenovsky

I killed off the Dark Brotherhood just a few hours in, so my character was at a fairly low level. I then joined the Thieves Guild when he reached level 49. lol I think the Thieves Guild quest line is probably my favorite in the game so far.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
Thieves Brotherhood, or Dark Guild.

Sharduroga

The thieves guild is alright. Not nearly as fun as it was in the last ES game. The Dark Brohood is pretty awesome. My favorite is actually the Mages college.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts