Dark Brotherhood Help

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TotesBradass

My friend was telling me the other day you had to kill a certain person in skyrim in order to join the Dark Brotherhood. As apposed to the way it was in Oblivion where you could just kill a random innocent person. I was just wondering exact names or places of how to join. Any feedback you can provide would be much appreciated.

Onyx

Hi and welcome to the brotherhood! I have/still am going through the questline with my Argonian Assassin and it is Awesome!

In order to join the best place to start is to ask the barkeep in Riverwood about any rumours. He should tell you that he heard a boy (something Artenio or somesuch) was trying to summon the Dark Brotherhood.

You then get a Misc quest objective to check it out.

Said boy can be found in Whiterun. You have to pick a Adept lock I think in order to enter the house (should be possible for all builds). Once inside he assume's you are part of the brotherhood and asks you to kill somebody (located in Riften).

Head to Riften. You can speak to the person if you want before doing the deed. I waited until evening when all had gone to sleep then snuck in and WHAM. Note: The target will scream so you WILL be detected but no worries, you do not get a bounty if you killed the target without being seen, but ppl will come running into the room afterwards.

Once done, head back to the boy and complete the quest.

Then leave whiterun and head to another major city. Walk around some and a courier will find you and hand you a note (this can also be skipped if you want, I just like it for flavour).

Then sleep in a bed (has to be outside of Whiterun). You will wake up in a different place and have some answering to do!

Without spoilers you will be given a task with 3 choices...it does not matter which one you make.

Note: Alternativly you can attack the Dark Brotherhood person at this point and get a new questline - Destroy the Dark Brotherhood (who would want to to do that!?).

Hope this helps and welcome to the familiy.

Pimpmasta

Said boy can be found in Whiterun. You have to pick a Adept lock I think in order to enter the house (should be possible for all builds). Once inside he assume's you are part of the brotherhood and asks you to kill somebody (located in Riften).

I recall the boy living in Windhelm. It's the arentino residence on the local map.
You don't have to start the misc quest do get into the dark brotherhood, all you have to do is pick the lock(which is novice)
and you will receive a contract to kill his orphanage mother.

Onyx

I recall the boy living in Windhelm. It's the arentino residence on the local map.
You don't have to start the misc quest do get into the dark brotherhood, all you have to do is pick the lock(which is novice)
and you will receive a contract to kill his orphanage mother.
You are correct, it is Windhelm! I get Whiterun, Winterhold and Windhelm names confused all the time.

I suspected you did not need to get the rumor but was explaining how I got it -> also gets you a map marker which is useful incase somebody gives you directions to the wrong city....:D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts