• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

DClyde

Hi, I recently came across a good Skyrim website and a particular build already mentioned in a previous post: The Lorekeeper...

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-lore-keeper

...got me interested. My question is this. Are scrolls of say..Fireball affected at all by Destruction perks? I don't think I've never maxed out Merchant at all and the idea of doing so intrigues me, however it's all pointless if I die easily. I know that Destruction eventually gets weak in higher levers but I'm enough of a Skyrim vet that it doesn't really matter. I'm just always looking for new and interesting ways to play the game.

Twiffle

Hi, I recently came across a good Skyrim website and a particular build already mentioned in a previous post: The Lorekeeper...

http://theskyrimblog.ning.com/group/character-building/forum/topics/character-build-the-lore-keeper

...got me interested. My question is this. Are scrolls of say..Fireball affected at all by Destruction perks? I don't think I've never maxed out Merchant at all and the idea of doing so intrigues me, however it's all pointless if I die easily. I know that Destruction eventually gets weak in higher levers but I'm enough of a Skyrim vet that it doesn't really matter. I'm just always looking for new and interesting ways to play the game.

iv just read this build and find it very interesting as i just love useing staffs, they can be very powerful and do benefit from perks in the corresponding tree, ie, destruction for staff of flames. as for the scrolls that really is interesting im unsure so cant answer but i think i will look into it and see

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I don't believe scrolls are affected by perks of any kind. Sorry to burst your bubble there. :p

Twiffle

no probs Aldaril, good to know, but i think the build he was talking about has some merit, i might give it a go, , but with a few tweeks of my own.

Adam Warlock

Augment perks work on Xbox at least since my Scrolls of Fire Storm do 112 damage with the 2 fire perks(base 75).
Putting on Dukaan`s Dragon Priest Mask increases damage to 140.

Fortify Destruction potions should also work with scrolls but i don`t think staffs get a boost

Adam Warlock

Fear and Turn Undead scrolls also get a boost in the level affected IF you have taken the Intense Flames destruction perk BEFORE acquiring the Aspect of Terror perk from Illusion.

My Scrolls of Bane of the Undead(base 30) will cause level 45 foes to flee.
In this case , Dukaan only increases the fire damage but not the level affected

Twiffle

Augment perks work on Xbox at least since my Scrolls of Fire Storm do 112 damage with the 2 fire perks(base 75).
Putting on Dukaan`s Dragon Priest Mask increases damage to 140.

Fortify Destruction potions should also work with scrolls but i don`t think staffs get a boost

staffs do get the boost,, tested it too. but thats interesting to know about scrolls, seems more investigation needed.

Adam Warlock

Fear and Turn Undead scrolls also get a boost in the level affected IF you have taken the Intense Flames destruction perk BEFORE acquiring the Aspect of Terror perk from Illusion.

My Scrolls of Bane of the Undead(base 30) will cause level 45 foes to flee.
In this case , Dukaan only increases the fire damage but not the level affected
Luckily , I proved myself wrong here.

I had equipped Dukaan directly from storage and apparently the enchantment wasn`t in effect.
After unequipping and re-equipping Dukaan mask , Bane of the Undead Scroll now affects up to level 56 !

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I don't believe scrolls are affected by perks of any kind. Sorry to burst your bubble there. :p
I have to agree. I use Firestorm scrolls all the time and I'm not a mage at all. I just like to see things burn! :)

Morgan

That is a VERY interesting looking build. Thanks for the pointer!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts