Daedric armour... can I find it, or do I need to make it?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cyren

First game I have ever played is Skyrim, and although I am level 44 now, I am still learning the hard way. I found the forums recently and wish I knew of them sooner... I have been wasting perks since I never knew any better...

So do I need to craft the Daedric armour, or can I actually find it eventually?

Friday is My Day!

First game I have ever played is Skyrim, and although I am level 44 now, I am still learning the hard way. I found the forums recently and wish I knew of them sooner... I have been wasting perks since I never knew any better...

So do I need to craft the Daedric armour, or can I actually find it eventually?

Crafting it definitely easier, but you can avoid crafting altogether for a challenge, it's a lot more fun. But yes you can find find Daedric armor, you just have to be a high level. 44 may be enough. I believe I found some in a chest when I was level 49 on my first character. Hope this helped :)

JackAColeman

Travel to windhelm, and go southeast to find an orc place, there is a mine there (Gloombound mine) there is ebony ore everywhere, steal a pickaxe, and mine some, smelt it at a forge and make ebony ingot. then go to college of winterhold, into the hall of attainment, go strait through and upstairs, find Enthir (i think his name is), he will have 2 daedric hearts every 48 hours. ebony and daedric hearts is what you need (1 heart per item.). i dont think you can find them. you must have level 90 smithing and the daedric armor perk

Cyren

Travel to windhelm, and go southeast to find an orc place, there is a mine there (Gloombound mine) there is ebony ore everywhere, steal a pickaxe, and mine some, smelt it at a forge and make ebony ingot. then go to college of winterhold, into the hall of attainment, go strait through and upstairs, find Enthir (i think his name is), he will have 2 daedric hearts every 48 hours. ebony and daedric hearts is what you need (1 heart per item.). i dont think you can find them. you must have level 90 smithing and the daedric armor perk

Already have all the materials, but m,y perks are not high enough... guess what I am trying to improve in a big hurry now. I did not know how the perk thing worked and always improved the lowest levels... Oh well, I now have something to do with myself for awhile...

Thanks!

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
You can use the Atronach forge in the Midden under the College of Winterhold if you know the recipe and have the sigil stone which you get from the conjuration ritual spell quest (You can't get boots this way as they will not appear in your inventory.

Cyren

Hmmmm, will have to look into this better. I have accumulated a ton of stuff, but no sigal stone... thanks.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
You need the ebony equivalent of the weapon or armour that you want, a Daedric heart, a black soulgem and a centurion dynamo core (which you can get from killing Dwemer centurions). You then go to the atronach forge and put them in the case and activate it. To get the Sigil stone you have to have at least level 90 conjuration or higher to start the quest.

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
Oh and the ebony weapon has to be unenchanted.

Cyren

Thanks so much... sadly when I started playing, I never built up any of my magikca or smithing at all. I like one handed, archery, blocking and sneaking. I found that collecting things to smith overencumbered me and I would always drop that stuff first, opposed to weapons and armour. WIth the magika, I would run out or get my butt kicked too quickly...

At least now I know I need to highly improve some skills, and it gives me a new purpose in the game.

Epsilon

Shaun
im thinking about trying to find it for the challenge, but then again i want something else to work towards skill wise when i get around 50 so i may just go to crafting or just find it with this guy and craft my own next time though. I love the decisions that you have to make in this game :)

Cyren

There is a lot of fun in finding really good stuff... but that daedric armour os so bad looking... I must have it!!! I have all the other good armour, aside of that now. Funny thing with the magicka, is I am arch mage... and hardly use magic. Time to start. I wish I knew how the perks worked long ago... but I still can change things around. I know I can start a new character, but really love mine the way she is, and we have done a lot.

Cyren

You need the ebony equivalent of the weapon or armour that you want, a Daedric heart, a black soulgem and a centurion dynamo core (which you can get from killing Dwemer centurions). You then go to the atronach forge and put them in the case and activate it. To get the Sigil stone you have to have at least level 90 conjuration or higher to start the quest.

Found the forge and played with it a little bit. You think I have charcoal to do some things darned it... I am thinking of storing a bunch of things in the cabinet there, but wonder if it will stay.

daedra dude

you can actualy find it on skjors table in the companions sleeping area you can then drag it into a hos room close the doors and then it respawns evry 48 hours

Adam Warlock

Both ebony ingots and Dremora who will drop daedra hearts can be found at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon,
I`m at level 77 and have only found 3 in-game Daedric armor pieces thus far so I can vouch for their rarity. The daedric frequency of appearance hasn`t seemed to increase even though I`m now finding the occasional piece of dragon armor.

Adam Warlock

Another reason to go the smithing or atronach forge route is that enchanted daedric pieces you may find will only have one enchantment(which may not fit your needs) ,while the base pieces you craft can be dual-enchanted . The daedric boots I found in a chest only gave a 50 lb boost to carry weight for instance.

Adam Warlock

Another reason to go the smithing or atronach forge route is that enchanted daedric pieces you may find will only have one enchantment(which may not fit your needs) ,while the base pieces you craft can be dual-enchanted . The daedric boots I found in a chest only gave a 50 lb boost to carry weight for instance.
Just found a Daedric Armor of Peerless Illusion at the shrine this morning .
An even better example since imho Heavy Armor and Illusion really aren`t complimentary skills.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts