Daedric armour... can I find it, or do I need to make it?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cyren

Just found a Daedric Armor of Peerless Illusion at the shrine this morning .
An even better example since imho Heavy Armor and Illusion really aren`t complimentary skills.
I started a new character and for the life of me, can't remember where this shrine is. Do you have a rough location? I am only level 35 with this new person.

Adam Warlock

I started a new character and for the life of me, can't remember where this shrine is. Do you have a rough location? I am only level 35 with this new person.
Just a little east of Sky Born Altar , top of steps guarded by frost troll on the south side of the mountain.

Adam Warlock

Just a little east of Sky Born Altar , top of steps guarded by frost troll on the south side of the mountain.
You can go to Dawnstar and pick up a quest from Silus Vesuius that will end up at the shrine with a very interesting choice to make depending on your character.

Cyren

You can go to Dawnstar and pick up a quest from Silus Vesuius that will end up at the shrine with a very interesting choice to make depending on your character.
I'll go check it out. My last character got this at level 50 or so... I am not sure if this item will be available for me yet at level 35. I am about 18 points short of smithing daedric armour right now, and man I make a lot of hide gauntlets right now.

Gonna go check it and thanks!!!

Moonwort

Just found a Daedric Armor of Peerless Illusion at the shrine this morning .
An even better example since imho Heavy Armor and Illusion really aren`t complimentary skills.

Ha Ha! I want to dispute that statement but not sure if I can. Currently wearing Ebony armor with destruction buff, but have illusion all perked out. Heavy armor is kind of nice because if I can't calm or fury them they are usually bad ass.

Cyren

Well I could not find the chest with the armour... I will wait to make my own, I have tons of ebony and daedra hearts already. I am enjoying my ebony mail anyways, it is pretty awesome, aside of obscuring my vision.

Skyrimawesomest

i found low level crappy armor but if u want daedric armor well here it is, all you have to do is get your smithing to 25+ then go to whiterun then go to the skyforge near jorrvaskr and youll see books, pick up the book A ARMORERS CHALLENGE dont worry it will be free even if your not known by the compainions.
it's ancient nord armor and it might not have the same recipies learnt all the time+ you can make ancient nord swords, bows, axes and battleaxe's from draugar weapons and steel :) hope it helped!

Penguin Born

Vampire Lord
First game I have ever played is Skyrim, and although I am level 44 now, I am still learning the hard way. I found the forums recently and wish I knew of them sooner... I have been wasting perks since I never knew any better...

So do I need to craft the Daedric armour, or can I actually find it eventually?
It has a very rare chance to randomly spawn in chests. But I personally find it easier just to make it, to make it you'll need 90 Smithing and the perk "Daedric Smithing". But to answer your question, Yes you can eventually find it through chests scattered across Skyrim.

Shavon Black

Travel to windhelm, and go southeast to find an orc place, there is a mine there (Gloombound mine) there is ebony ore everywhere, steal a pickaxe, and mine some, smelt it at a forge and make ebony ingot. then go to college of winterhold, into the hall of attainment, go strait through and upstairs, find Enthir (i think his name is), he will have 2 daedric hearts every 48 hours. ebony and daedric hearts is what you need (1 heart per item.). i dont think you can find them. you must have level 90 smithing and the daedric armor perk
This post is very helpful.