• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

EbonyManBoobs

in other words Ebony Armour -.-
Hi, there.
I have just recently leveled up my smithing skill to 90 but to make daedra armour i need daedra hearts! Does anyone know where to find them besides quests? Like i hear Alchemist sell them but thats until your a level 25 in alchemist. Is there anyway to get daedra hearts? even if i have to steal them?

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

Lemnisc8

Bunny Protector and Thalmor Killer

Rautaa

Well, I got 9 or 10 from 3 Daedric quests (The Black Star, Pieces of the Past, and Waking Nightmare).

If you want to ignore those, Enthir (Winterhold College) sells two, and I bought one off Babette (Dark Brotherhood), but she won't always have them in stock.

There is one to steal from Kodlak on a table in Jorrvaskr, and one can be stolen from The Hall of the Vigilant.

EbonyManBoobs

Thanks guys! But I managed to keep on smithing and now I have a level 100 smithing so I got Dragon Armour instead but for my companion I might make her some daedric armour! :)

.:The_Steel_Arrow:.

Ultimate Archer
I thought the stats for daedric armor was better then the Dragon Armor. I'm not sure about that though.

EbonyManBoobs

I thought the stats for daedric armor was better then the Dragon Armor. I'm not sure about that though.
Well, i saw this guy on youtube doing Daeric VS Dragon armour and dragon armour won but ... i dont think he told us that he might of had enchanted dragon armour plus he might of had fully perked Heavy armour which increased his dragon armour by heaps and when i use dragon armour it doesnt feel as good as daedric

Ultimate Archer
Oh. Well, I guess I like the Daedric Armor because it sorta makes you look like the medieval Terminator.

Boyd

Article Writah
Well, i saw this guy on youtube doing Daeric VS Dragon armour and dragon armour won but ... i dont think he told us that he might of had enchanted dragon armour plus he might of had fully perked Heavy armour which increased his dragon armour by heaps and when i use dragon armour it doesnt feel as good as daedric
Cuz it's not. Daedric armor swings by dragon armor by like 30 bonus in the end. Dragon armor is like 50 bonus, and Daedric is like 61....

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
I don't know what's more badass. Wearer the scales and bones of the countless dragons you destroyed, while using their souls and shouting them back at them, or looking like a medieval Darth Vader, using the hearts of the minions of extremely powerful, and usually quite evil, beings. So many options...

Boyd

Article Writah
I don't know what's more badass. Wearer the scales and bones of the countless dragons you destroyed, while using their souls and shouting them back at them, or looking like a medieval Darth Vader, using the hearts of the minions of extremely powerful, and usually quite evil, beings. So many options...
I prefer ebony with the mail since the Mail is the best armor in the game. :)

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
Really? Hmm. I need to study up on my Heavy-armor and weapons besides daggers and bows. Gonna make either an Orc or Nord, heavy-armor, 2-handed or duel-wield.

Oh and I found some random traveler with a Daedra Heart. Don't fast travel everywhere, walk, or at the very least take a horse. I loved when I found Hunters at low levels because I'd kill them and take all of their leather. So yeah.

Ultimate Archer
My friend said that his Orc is at 100 stealth. I never knew Orc's do stealth, thought they do WAAAAAGHH!

EbonyManBoobs

Cuz it's not. Daedric armor swings by dragon armor by like 30 bonus in the end. Dragon armor is like 50 bonus, and Daedric is like 61....
Yea I found a really good place with heaps of daedric hearts! Its on Marune's Dagon quest the one where you collect the shards, hilt and dagger holder. Later in the quest you go to Dagon's Temple and Daedric armour dudes spawn out of know where and you get the hearts from them but I almost plops my pants cause I only had dwarven armour. Also your right about the dragon armour its really poor stat I was in a Daugre Ruin and a Daugre Scourge almost killed me and i had dragon armour!

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
Honestly, sometimes armor doesn't make much of a difference. If you go all out to make your weapon better(doing constant circles of making alchemy potions and enchanting then making more potions then enchanting then smithing with potions, yada yada, look it up) you can make weapons that will one shot I think even Ancient Dragons. Armor hardly matters if you are a sneak character aswell. I have Vigilance, A follower who will not be named as to spoilers, and I choose between one of the two spirit type things I can call upon, one being from a shout, the other coming from the same quests the follower comes from.

So, honestly, just go with whatever you think looks cooler if you are pretty high level :D But yeah, as everyone has said, the Mehrune's Dagger Daedric quest and the Azura's Star Daedric quest will give you more than enough hearts, especially if you track down all the vendors.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Dragon Scale Armor is Light Armor & the Dragon Plate Armor is Heavy Armor, but if you want the strongest Armor then you will want the Daedric Armor which is Heavy Armor.

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
When comparing armors, do remember there's a cap on how much benefit you can get.

UESPWiki said:
Damage reduction is capped at 80%. If you are wearing all four pieces of armor, this occurs at 567 displayed armor rating. If you have 100 skill and all relevant armor perks, this requires a smithed armor rating of about 135. (taken from UESPWiki)

Based on this, the best thing to do, arguably, is pick the most aesthetically pleasing armor, and then get your Armor Rating up to 567 via Heavy Armor perks and perhaps enchants.

EDIT: Also, IMHO Ebony looks best, but people are more impressed by Dragon armor (guards will say 'Wooah, your armor... is that made... from... DRAGON BONES?!?!?!?'). Which is a nice feeling. :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts