Customizeable Assassins Armor?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.

easterlily

Heya

I simply wonder if there's any way to dublicate an armor and make it customizeable (So you can enchant it with your own enchants and so on)

You see, I dont like the other light armors ex Glass Armor, Dragonscale Armor etc. cause they are too bright for a "theif" + "assassin" character.

So, can you dublicate a armor or change the look of another armor like the dragonscale and make it look like Nightingale or Theifs armor?

ShadowGambit

Are you on PC or console?

If on PC, there are Mods to get some nice armor and even Nightingale/Ancient Shrouded armor with no enchantment in it. There is a mod name the Sicarius armor that is very nice too, designed after the armor of Assassin Creed.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
As ShadowGambit said, PC has mods for it. If you are on a console, there is no way to get unenchanted versions of the special armors like Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Nightingales, etc. I feel the same way as you, luckily I am on PC though :). I like the Black Elven armor mod and Light Ebony armor mod, and I'll have to check into Sicarius armor, that sounds nice.

Out of the vanilla light armors that are enchantable, I think your best bet is some sort of combination of things:
- I like the look of the Stormcloak Officer Gloves for an assassin, or you can stick with Ancient Shrouded DB gloves.
- You might consider going for a Dragon Priest mask, probably Krosis, because the only enchant you'd get benefit from on headgear is Archery unless you use magic also. I think you can also get a light armor Worn Shrouded Hood from the Dark Brotherhood that doesn't have an enchantment?
- I would say Stormcloak Officer Boots too, but they don't count as Light Armor, so you don't get matching set. Depending on what you want to enchant your boots with, you could get Predator's Grace, they have Muffle and Stamina Regen. Or you could just use Leather boots, because they are the darkest color light armor enchantable boots, and they are on your feet so arent incredibly noticeable anyway.
- For the main body piece armor, your guess is as good as mine, nothing really looks sneaky or "assassin-y." I would probably go with Leather armor again, so you can enchant what you want onto it, but it's brown and fuzzy, not cool black and sneaky. Or you can use pre-enchanted Nightingale or Ancient Shrouded armors.

easterlily

As ShadowGambit said, PC has mods for it. If you are on a console, there is no way to get unenchanted versions of the special armors like Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, Nightingales, etc. I feel the same way as you, luckily I am on PC though :). I like the Black Elven armor mod and Light Ebony armor mod, and I'll have to check into Sicarius armor, that sounds nice.

Thanks alot for your help, ill stick with the Black Elven Armor with the Nightingale head. I also have the cloak mod so a black cloak looks epic. Thanks for your help!

PS: I want the nightingale helm so I ignored that its unenchantable. Though you can only enchant it with archery, but I can enchant my cloak with that instead!

ShadowGambit

What mod do you use for cloaks?

And that adds an additional piece of apparel to enchant? Interesting.

How does it enchant like? Is it considered a chest piece or a headpiece? Enchantments available are different for the different pieces of apparel

easterlily

Oh my gosh. You have PC and mods!? You can get a mod for unenchanted Nightengale or DB or Thieves Guild armors!

So why didnt you say so? Obviusly you cant mod the console verison so why did you start talking about other mods if there was such a simple mod?

easterlily

What mod do you use for cloaks?

And that adds an additional piece of apparel to enchant? Interesting.

How does it enchant like? Is it considered a chest piece or a headpiece? Enchantments available are different for the different pieces of apparel

You can enchant it with anything that you can enchant another piece with. I dont remember the name of it but its the most populated of cloak mods.

RoG Delta

Patch 1.5 stopped armor duping on consoles, I was going to dupe nightingale armor with my own enchantments, but it's patched :sadface:

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
So why didnt you say so? Obviusly you cant mod the console verison so why did you start talking about other mods if there was such a simple mod?

Because you should have put you were on PC and had access to mods at the very start of your post! How was I to know! I was talking to ShadowGambit about mods we liked, and I assumed since you were asking for help that you didnt have access to mods at all.

Then when I found out you did have mods, I was like wtf. I did all that work trying to get you a decent outfit thinking you didn't have mods. You repay me by tarnishing otherwise perfect my record with an "old" rating, my first negative rating. I guess that means I'm a real member of the forum now.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
It's always best to inform people of what platform you are playing on. As not to waste their time, and so they can give you accurate information.

easterlily

Because you should have put you were on PC and had access to mods at the very start of your post! How was I to know! I was talking to ShadowGambit about mods we liked, and I assumed since you were asking for help that you didnt have access to mods at all.

Then when I found out you did have mods, I was like wtf. I did all that work trying to get you a decent outfit thinking you didn't have mods. You repay me by tarnishing otherwise perfect my record with an "old" rating, my first negative rating. I guess that means I'm a real member of the forum now.

Well... that meens you were offtopic, still have a reason to put "old"

Btw, why does old have to be something negative?

easterlily

It's always best to inform people of what platform you are playing on. As not to waste their time, and so they can give you accurate information.

I never mentioned if I was playing on PC or Console, but according to these guys they thought that I was and I cant understand how the made that conclusion.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Well... that meens you were offtopic, still have a reason to put "old"

Btw, why does old have to be something negative?

You didn't put old on my first post, you put it on my second post, and I wasn't off topic because I gave you exactly what I thought you were looking for, and you even said you were going to use Black Elven armor, which is one of the ones I mentioned in my first post, which you just said I was off topic about? I'm not scared though.

Yes, old happens to be one of the red marks, along with bad grammar and off topic.

As I said earlier, you didn't say PC or console, so I assumed console, because if you were on PC you could just get a mod without making a thread. It wasn't until after my first post that you posted a second time about your Black Elven armor and your Cloak mod, which until that point I thought you were on console.

At this point, I told you you could get a mod for the unenchanted Nightingale armor, because I read you wanted the Nightingale helmet. That is as on topic and fresh/new as I can make it. As Goldmember says, then there is no pleeaaaasing you.

easterlily

You didn't put old on my first post, you put it on my second post, and I wasn't off topic because I gave you exactly what I thought you were looking for, and you even said you were going to use Black Elven armor, which is one of the ones I mentioned in my first post, which you just said I was off topic about? I'm not scared though.

Yes, old happens to be one of the red marks, along with bad grammar and off topic.

As I said earlier, you didn't say PC or console, so I assumed console, because if you were on PC you could just get a mod without making a thread. It wasn't until after my first post that you posted a second time about your Black Elven armor and your Cloak mod, which until that point I thought you were on console.

At this point, I told you you could get a mod for the unenchanted Nightingale armor, because I read you wanted the Nightingale helmet. That is as on topic and fresh/new as I can make it. As Goldmember says, then there is no pleeaaaasing you.

1. I ment you were offtopic because you said that " I was talking to ShadowGambit about mods we liked " and thats not what I asked about.

2. I didnt find any good armor mod so thats why I asked about this dublicating thing. I heard that you could do that but was unsure how to do it and if it got nerfed in a patch like RoG Delta said.

I guess I should have put out that I am playing on PC but I still see no reason to assume console.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Because you're either console or PC, and people trying to help you shouldn't have to guess.
We have prefixes to label your threads as well if typing it all out doesn't suit you.

Thread closed do to de-evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.