• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm working on a series of custom questlines for roleplay builds that will eventually be compiled in the "Guides and Tutorials" section of this forum. The idea is to recommend specific side quests, miscellaneous quests, and immersive activities for certain RP builds that don't have a fully fleshed out guild or questline. This type of guide is for people who like to roleplay in-game with rules and restrictions (sleeping, eating, no fast travel, etc)

Here is a sample, developed for a Bard RP build, since the Bard's College questline is so short.

Chapter I - Enrollment
-Investigate the Bard's College
-Complete "Tending the Flames"
-Spiced Wine: Run an errand for Yvette San, the spiced wine vendor at the maket stalls in Solitude
-Attend the Burning of King Olaf festival

Chapter II - A Bard's Life
-Visit the Temple of the Divines twice a week to worship at the shrines of Dibella and Zenithar
-Read one book per day in the college library
-Do favor quests for the people of Solitude
-Earn money for tuition (skill training) by hunting, exploring the hold, chopping wood, farming, or crafting
-Train five skill points in speech with Gerard Gemaine
-Find Finn's Lute
-Find Pantea's Flute

Chapter III - The Great Inn Tour of Skyrim
-Foot travel to every inn in Skyrim, starting at Morthal and continuing counter clockwise until you reach Markarth
-Sample the food and requests songs from the bards (Extra credit: Rate the Bards' performances and use dice rolls or a random number generator to "rate" the food and drink at each establishment)
-Talk to the innkeepers, bards, and servers to see if they need any assistance
-On your travels, Find and converse with Talsgar the Wanderer and Maiq the Liar
-Once you reach Markarth, enter the Inner Sanctum in the Temple of Dibella (the goddess most closely associated with bards) and complete the quest "Sybil of Dibella"

Chapter IV - Electives
-Train five skill points in two of the following skills: alchemy, restoration, one handed, light armor, archery
-Fund your training with favor quests, crafting, hunting, or farming
-If you did not find them on the Great Tour of Skyrim, track down Talsgar and Maiq

Chapter V - Graduation
-Travel to a ruin or cave mentioned in one of the books in the college library, and clear it
-Write a poem or song about your adventure
-Find Rjorn's Drum
-Clear Lost Valley Redoubt and take the Bard's Leap to "graduate" from the college

What do you guys think? Would you be interested in reading something like this? Would you be willing to contribute to the creation of similar guides for other RP builds? Do you have ideas for a custom questline based on one of your character builds?

raven63

I would love to see this done

Twiffle

This looks very interesting, i will certainly keep my eyes on this and how it develops,

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts