Creation Kit - Remove Gras

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Perun

Hello,
Can anyone tell me how to delete Gras with the Creation Kit?
I know how to use the Landscape Editor but i just cant figure out how to delete Gras :-/
Sorry for my English and thanks.

Ping

Any help with this would be much appreciated. I've changed the height of the landscape in an area and now all the grass is floating :sadface:

Perun

If i place in a Snow Region a Grasstexture there will be grass BUT when i place around Whiterun Snow the snow wont disappear, even if i try to place the same texture with NoGrass at the end the grass wont disappear :-/ Is it possible that the CK is bugged or that the grass isnt placed with the Landscape editor?

Ping

I recall having this problem with the Construction Set in Oblivion. However, I've just loaded my mod and the grass appears to have been re-rendered at the new ground level.

1215drew

I recall having this problem with the Construction Set in Oblivion. However, I've just loaded my mod and the grass appears to have been re-rendered at the new ground level.
It does get rerenderd, but what if I don't want grass there whatsoever. I've replaced the textures around it with non grass generating one, yet the existing grass is still there on reload.

Perun

Does anybody got a solution for this problem? Im the only one that made a Topic about this bug... The CK makes less fun with this bug...

Caponez0r

Saint of the Thieves
Simple solution. If the grass makes you laggy, open your console and type "tg" it'll toggle the grass.

Perun

My game runs fine, im having trouble in the CK to delete Grass on a area where i would like to place a House. So no thats not a solution.

Perun

Common guys... Where are the modding Pros :sadface: It seems the Grass is placed with another tool but which?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I just downloaded the creation kit, Perun. You'll have to give me a few more minutes to try and find the answer to your question. ;)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Just so I understand your question...

I'm seeing base static landcape, the pre-generated kind. And then I see basically 'terrain objects' that appear like they can be added. Are you trying to get rid of grass in the pre-generated landscapes? Is your building somehow "colliding" with a grass object that has been placed on a piece of landscape?

I want to make sure I understand the problem so I don't end up telling you something un-useful or silly.

Perun

Yes thats exactly my Problem. I dont want the Grass coming out of the Ground in my Building.

Perun

I dont mean the static Objects like plants that can be picked up i mean just the Grass that is generated on the Ground.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok. If you select the worldspace where you are trying to put your building, there's a World->World Spaces... dialogue. Look at your settings here:
CKNoGrass.jpg

This may be what you're looking for. Let me know if it isn't. I have another idea but I'm not sure how complex it will be. Essentially, I'm thinking that if you increase the elevation of your building overall, you can put transition pieces that will "collide" with the ground but your interior will be lifted so the grass bits aren't poking through.

Anyway, let me know. I'm still looking :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well if you're trying to put a building in the existing Whiterun, I can see why they'd have it locked down. As a test, I'm going to try and make an outdoor cell away from any of the existing Tamriel then place a building and play with the world settings to see if the toggle works more like I'd expect.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts