Crafting, who's really doing it?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I do smithing because i feel i have to but i do alchemy because I want to. I almost never do enchanting because I think it's too weak.

Alissa DeWitt

Beer Wench
I do love crafting, but I don't craft everything. It depends on what character I'm playing. I think having crafting skill makes a character more well-rounded instead of just being a killing machine. Besides that I always upgrade my armor/weapons because (with enough skill) you can turn mediocre gear in to great gear.

As far as my character, I usually don't mine my own ore because I think my character would be too vain (a teenage-ish Khajiit alchemist) to be a miner. I usually only smelt the gold that I've transmuted from iron. However I do craft my own potions and poisons, make my own weapons/arrows/armor/jewelry, pick my own alchemy reagents, hunt my own meat and pelts and occasionally cook my own meals (if I don't cook it I trade hunted meat for food). I've never been that particular about soul gems but I usually enchant my own gear.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
I've done stuff like hardcore RPing, but I just don't feel like doing all the time. I love having the option to RP, and make things hard on myself, but if the grind was forced on me I would just stop playing. I get enough of the grind, and so called "progression" in MMOs. While I love having the option, in the end this is a video game. And not just any game, an Elder Scrolls game. The king of freedom to the player. I want the option to be as powerful as i want to as fast as I want to, seeing how this is a single player non competitive game. I see zero reasons to limit the player, and for the people that don't like it, well they don' have to use it. Just my two cents...

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
I've done stuff like hardcore RPing, but I just don't feel like doing all the time. I love having the option to RP, and make things hard on myself, but if the grind was forced on me I would just stop playing. I get enough of the grind, and so called "progression" in MMOs. While I love having the option, in the end this is a video game. And not just any game, an Elder Scrolls game. The king of freedom to the player. I want the option to be as powerful as i want to as fast as I want to, seeing how this is a single player non competitive game. I see zero reasons to limit the player, and for the people that don't like it, well they don' have to use it. Just my two cents...
Than did you hate the lack of an Athletics, Acrobatics, and Hand to Hand skill tree as much as I did?

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Than did you hate the lack of an Athletics, Acrobatics, and Hand to Hand skills as much as I did?
Once I got used to everything Skyrim did have, I went batshi* insane for everything it didn't. Yes, I'm sure i do. I can't stand limits being placed upon the player in games like this, and it's one of the reasons I still play the first Two Worlds.

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Than did you hate the lack of an Athletics, Acrobatics, and Hand to Hand skills as much as I did?
Once I got used to everything Skyrim did have, I went batshi* insane for everything it didn't. Yes, I'm sure i do. I can't stand limits being placed upon the player in games like this, and it's one of the reasons I still play the first Two Worlds.
Yeah I know what you mean. After 2 years of playing the game I can't stop seeing things that would make it better. I play on an Xbox 360 so I can't even mod.

jarif

Yeah I know what you mean. After 2 years of playing the game I can't stop seeing things that would make it better. I play on an Xbox 360 so I can't even mod.

i can tell you a lot.... if you want

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit

Yeah sure go ahead.

jarif

Yeah sure go ahead.

if were talking about crafting than one of the things I can tell you is
  • Backpacks, there are a variety like fur backpacks to protect you from the cold, e.g: wolf backpack
  • capes, fur capes (they help protect you against the harsh weather), wearing a bear, wolf on your head
  • hoodies and fur hoodies and with metal
  • hot air baloons
  • more than 100 weapon types and throwing weapons
  • crafting different types of arrows like rope arrows
  • a lot more armor varieties
  • there is a /5 of much better you can make your armor
  • crafting lock meltdowns and crafting locks
  • each armor you learn to make has a benefit such as gaining glass armor gives you magic resistance while wearing it
  • there are goggles to protect you from the sand storms of solstheim
  • tents, there are a variety like small tents to big tents, you can make bedrolls
  • waterskin (i think they are bottles to fill water in) to keep you hydrated
  • melting down armor, ingots, materials to gain a material like ingot or ore.
  • cooking pot
  • wood axe
  • enchanting supplies
ok heres a description of SkyRe (Skyrim Redone)
  • Smithing

Problem:

Too much bang for your buck. The left side of the tree was completely pointless, and there's just very little to do overall.

Solution:

Light and heavy sides are separated; the light side gets Dragon material gear exclusively, but has no access to Daedric weapons.

The material perks do not boost tempering anymore, but are required to temper anything now. They also unlock secondary effects for all armor material types that are active while wearing a full set of armor.

Tempering quality is improved via a new perk called "Blacksmith" that serves as the new root of the tree.
    On top of that, there are perks for jewelry and silver weapons, for "refined silver" weapons which are even stronger against undead, for melting stuff down, and for creating a special type of clothing that boosts regular armor while worn and synergizes with multiple schools of magic.

Non-perk changes:
    • Mining ore does level smithing by a small amount.
    • Smelter and tanning rack level smithing
    • Creating ingots requires 3 pieces of ore; all ores and ingots have been repriced and re-weighted
    • Unlike the original Weapons of the third Era, you need to find a certain book to craft Eastern Dwemer weapons

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit
Yeah sure go ahead.

• Backpacks, there are a variety like fur backpacks to protect you from the cold, e.g: wolf backpack
  • capes, fur capes (they help protect you against the harsh weather), wearing a bear, wolf on your head
  • hot air baloons
  • each armor you learn to make has a benefit such as gaining glass armor gives you magic resistance while wearing it
  • tents, there are a variety like small tents to big tents, you can make bedrolls
  • Smithing

Problem:

Too much bang for your buck. The left side of the tree was completely pointless, and there's just very little to do overall.

Solution:

Light and heavy sides are separated; the light side gets Dragon material gear exclusively, but has no access to Daedric weapons.

The material perks do not boost tempering anymore, but are required to temper anything now. They also unlock secondary effects for all armor material types that are active while wearing a full set of armor.

Tempering quality is improved via a new perk called "Blacksmith" that serves as the new root of the tree.
    On top of that, there are perks for jewelry and silver weapons, for "refined silver" weapons which are even stronger against undead, for melting stuff down, and for creating a special type of clothing that boosts regular armor while worn and synergizes with multiple schools of magic.

Non-perk changes:
    • Creating ingots requires 3 pieces of ore; all ores and ingots have been repriced and re-weighted
    • Unlike the original Weapons of the third Era, you need to find a certain book to craft Eastern Dwemer weapons
Yes but like I said, I can't mod.

jarif

Yeah sure go ahead.

• hot air baloons

• Smithing

Problem:

Solution:

Non-perk changes:

your the one that asked, but what do you think of the list?

Majir-Dar

Confused Khajiit

[/QUOTE]

your the one that asked, now what do you think of the list?[/quote]
It's a fine list.

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I'm going to do it your way next time. I think all those little skills--crafting, alchemy, pickpocketing--that really don't make a big difference to the way I play, are important simply because I want to level up to a really high level. My character is maxing out at level 60 because I didn't do any of that. I call that being a loser in the game. Next time I'm going to do it right.

TJ0331

Nords forever
My favorite thing to do is create new builds and play differently. However I do have a main character to fall back on always.

jarif

I'm going to do it your way next time. I think all those little skills--crafting, alchemy, pickpocketing--that really don't make a big difference to the way I play, are important simply because I want to level up to a really high level. My character is maxing out at level 60 because I didn't do any of that. I call that being a loser in the game. Next time I'm going to do it right.

who are you talking about?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts