PC Couple Questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I just downloaded skyrim via torrent :eek: (Bought it for PS3) and I haven't done much computer gaming so I need a little help. I don't think it matters in this case but I am on Mac.

How can I adjust the graphic settings on this game? With my download I got 2 files "Skyrim"(Main Game) and "Skyrim Preferences", what does the preference program do? I would assume thats where the gfx settings would be. When I open it, I'm prompted to select a file to open. What does it what me to do haha?

I have gone into the Settings on the game itself but I didnt see any res., texture, or shadow settings in there, lots of "fade" stuff though can some please clairify.

Thanks,

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I'm on a PC but if you get a launch window to start the game there should be an Options selection that will allow you to customize your graphics settings.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
So your saying not the In-Game menu but the Title Screen Menu cause I haven't tried that way yet so Ill give it a shot tonight but I'm still wondering about the Perference Program what does it do?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Yes, the initial smaller title screen is what Dagmar is referring to. There's a whole host of graphical options in there for you to play with.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
By the time you get to that screen, you've already "loaded" the game. The resolution stuff needs to precede the game loading.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
thats funny I do not get that menu on my file but I figured it out its through preferences file and you just have to select the Skyrim file

Thanks For All The advice everyone!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts