PC Could these specs run Skyrim on Ultra High?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

cmhawk84

Intel Core i5 3570 3.4Ghz Quad core
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
Asus P8B75-M/CSM Motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce 560 1GB Video Card
500GB Hard Drive
DVD Burner
Thermaltake V3 Chassis with 500W Power Supply
Windows 7 64-bit SP1
the quote I got from the guy at the pc store was $899.00 Do you guys think its a good deal for the money? and could it run Skyrim ultra high?

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
It's really a choice between performance and quality when it comes to PC gaming. If you look at the steam forums for skyrim, you'll find a sticky topic at the top with a list of great tweaks to increase your performance. Couple that with something like ENB, and you should be ablt to crank it up to ultra high just fine.

I'm at work right now, but I'm almost positive I have a laptop with almost identical specs.

Spiral Power!

Abenddrachen
By default the game tries to run it on ultra high, but it got pretty choppy at times. I tweaked it quite a bit since then and it looks and runs twice as good as it did on default ultra high. If you want the best performance for your machine keep in mind that the game isn't exactly optimized for pc, and your gonna have to get your hands dirty.

In my opinion, grab a boxed copy of skyrim and take it to the computer you are checking out, and have an associate compare it with you. After installation, my strongest recommendations are the steam forums for skyrim, which has a huge list of great tweaks, and using ENB to make it look picture perfect

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts