could I get Max armor rating by using only hide armor?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jaeger

I think I'll choose light armor. the ability to regain stamina faster would be nice.. but that's in a full set of light armor. full set... grr. I'll have to play a bit. right now I'm mage.

using destruction because it will be a skill I max. Alteration is something I'm raising for magic resistance. I'm still undecided weather or not I'll go one handed and shield or two handed weapons.

two handed is easier using the directional pad for the shortcuts. Xbox 360 is so gay about shortcuts.

With a two handed weapon I can set it to one of the shortcuts. And my main destruction spell would be the other shortcut. Instead of navigating the favorites menu back and forth which really slows down gameplay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

The diadem of the Savant is considered light armor. Find at Froki's shack on the wood chopping block.

Jaeger

This is a very silly. (Not your build, just the fact that you can do this).

If you ever wore mismatched armor, like hide armor for the body and the horned helmet on the head you will notice you getting exp increases in light armor and heavy armor. The hits are specific to each body part. His feetsies are never taking damage but the rest of the body...

Mytheos

can anyone confirm that diadem of the savant is eligible for the custom fit bonus?

wiki says it's considered clothing for the sake of mage armor. wondering if that means it's not truly a light armor piece...

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
could you explain this loop?

exactly what perks and what potions/gear do i need?

and what is the process?
See my first post in this thread for the build (except Ancient Knowledge is not part of the loop).

With that build you can make a set of 4 pieces of Fortify Alchemy apparel (head, hands, necklace and ring) with each piece providing a 25% increase. With that set of apparel you make Fortify Enchanting potions that you use to make another set of Fortify Alchemy apparel with each piece providing a 28% increase. Repeat this step one more time to make your final set of Fortify Alchemy apparel with each piece providing a 29% increase.

After that you can make your set of Fortify Smithing gear (chest, hands, necklace and ring) with each piece providing a 29% increase by using Fortify Enchanting postions.

Using the 116% Fortify Alchemy apparel you then make 130% Fortify Smithing potions.

Wearing your Fortify Smithing apparel and taking a Fortify Smithing potion before you improve an item at the workbench or grindstone completes the loop giving you extremely powerful (overpowered in the case of weapons) gear.

Vraek

Use a Penitus Oculatus full light set, and you can have a circlet or a dragonpriest mask as well as the helmet, giving you 2 more enchantments (light armour+) or an extra piece of armour to upgrade :) Also, Lord Stone adds 50 armour and 25% magic resistance, so it might be possible :)

Jaeger

can anyone confirm that diadem of the savant is eligible for the custom fit bonus?

wiki says it's considered clothing for the sake of mage armor. wondering if that means it's not truly a light armor piece...

Some items have several categories, for instance general tullus' clothes. Here's the uesp:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Diadem_of_the_Savant#Diadem_of_the_Savant

If you have the stamina regen perk, since it requires all light armor in place, deplete your stamina by running and see how fast it comes back. Rinse & repeat with it off. Rinse & repeat with a light armor helmet.

A

Apollyon Yagami

why my potions of fortify smithing do not pass 119%? i have all perks in alchemy/enchanting, if i make apotion of enchanting, and enchanting a Alchemy gear, (28% each item), then make another potion of enchanting to enchant another gear, it not goes beyond 28%.

Dagmar

Is your Fortify Enchanting potion 32%?

Are your Enchanting Skill and Alchemy Skill both 100?

A

Apollyon Yagami

my enchanting potion is 30%

i have 81 alchemy but i have all the necessary perks.

Alchemist 5/5, and benefactor.

A

Apollyon Yagami

i didn't get this 567 thing, if u have more than 567 its a waste? :eek:

it'
i didn't get this 567 thing, if u have more than 567 its a waste? :eek:

is hard to say, but it's pretty likely to be true (although some people still maintain that it's wrong). the idea is that you can only have a max damage negation of 80%, and at 567 you're armour rating gives you 80% armour rating, I would say this is true because if it weren't you would stop taking damage all together at a certain armour rating.

A

Apollyon Yagami

yes like my wasted 2k daedric defense, although would like to hear more about this stuff,

man if it is true, bethesda really failed in this part.

yes like my wasted 2k daedric defense, although would like to hear more about this stuff,

man if it is true, bethesda really failed in this part.

I wouldn't call it a failure, the smithing/enchanting/alchemy loop would become even more OP if you could go into no-damage zone, which you don't need, at 80% damage reduction you're already taking next to no damage.

besides, I like the fact that you can reach the cap with any piece of armour, it means that if I want to max out my character I can do so while still looking how I want.

Whitty

what is the max armour rating? I have mine at 547 or so, sorry didn't have time to read all the thread, I wear daedric armour non-enhanced yet (crafted myself) and wear the amulet that gives you plus 22 to heavy armour rating. Using the steed stone helps a lot in many ways

what is the max armour rating? I have mine at 547 or so, sorry didn't have time to read all the thread, I wear daedric armour non-enhanced yet (crafted myself) and wear the amulet that gives you plus 22 to heavy armour rating. Using the steed stone helps a lot in many ways

567, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

dbukalski

also its very mildly worth having higher armour rating for enemies that have weapons that ignore armour like maces.

Dagmar

also its very mildly worth having higher armour rating for enemies that have weapons that ignore armour like maces.
Maces only ignore armor with Bone Breaker perks. Most NPC's don't have perks and I don't know of any generic enemies that have perks.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts