could I get Max armor rating by using only hide armor?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mytheos

I'm trying to decide what armor I like best and I like the armors that make me look like I fit the world I live in. using daedric seems silly... hide helmet is the only helmet I can tolerate. I think I'd prefer using fur but hide might have to do

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
I'm not sure, I didn't think you could, even with enchantments and potions. You'd get close but!

Oxslow

I know with leather you can max it out with potions and enchantments. So if you can't max it out you will almost be there

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Yes. The 807 armor rating for the Legendary Hide armor set in the picture below is well above the 567 needed to cap physical damage resistance (without the shield). This was possible with the following build:

100 Light Armor Skill
5 perks in Agile Defender
Custom Fit perk
Matching Set perk
100 Smithing Skill
100 Alchemy Skill
5 perks in Alchemist
Benefactor perk
100 Enchanting Skill
5 perks in Enchanter
Insightful Enchanter perk
Ancient Knowledge power

and the following items crafted from the build above:

116% Fortify Smithing gear
116% Fortify Alchemy gear
130% Fortify Smithing potion

6931023671_4e4bc15911_b.jpg

Mytheos

thanks dagmar. what if I don't use matching set? could I still a achieve armor cap?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

dbukalski

yeah you can still hit the cap without matching set perk which is 25% so his 807 would be 605.

And you can get higher armour than even that by crafting alchemy gear while necromage + vampire. Then crafting smith/enchant potions to make smith gear. After youve done your crafting you can cure vampirisim and that will increase your armour rating by another 50%

So the hide armour can be at 1250 ish. Which really just means you can lay off the armour perks, I would imagine just going up the left side of light armour only getting whats needed for 50% stamina regen would give you 800 armour still(only1 juggernaut)

Mytheos

I'm still not sure what armor I'll choose. preferably enchantable as opposed to something like ebony mail. I just hate helmets...

Dagmar

ebony mail is enchantable
Ebony Mail is a Daedric artifact and can't be enchanted. Ebony Armor is generic armor that can be enchanted.

Mytheos, if you wear Scaled armor you can get the classical Dovahkiin look without the helmet with the maximum physical damage resistance:

6932981981_388d1ae7d6_b.jpg

And if you want to go for the horned helmet, even though it's a heavy armor helmet you still get an increase in armor rating. :p

6932982277_5dbb3247e4_b.jpg

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
So what this thread proves is that with potions and alchemy you can just about max out your armour rating wearing only your underpants.

So what this thread proves is that with potions and alchemy you can just about max out your armour rating wearing only your underpants.

indeed, although I don't know if that's a bad or good thing...

(I'm pretty sure it's good.)

Mytheos

I think I'll choose light armor. the ability to regain stamina faster would be nice.. but that's in a full set of light armor. full set... grr. I'll have to play a bit. right now I'm mage.

using destruction because it will be a skill I max. Alteration is something I'm raising for magic resistance. I'm still undecided weather or not I'll go one handed and shield or two handed weapons.

two handed is easier using the directional pad for the shortcuts. Xbox 360 is so gay about shortcuts.

With a two handed weapon I can set it to one of the shortcuts. And my main destruction spell would be the other shortcut. Instead of navigating the favorites menu back and forth which really slows down gameplay.

XbSuper

I just used the alchemy loop to make a pair of leather boots give 847 armor on their own, just so I can mix and match any type of armor or clothing(aside from the boots), and still gain max damage protection.

Dagmar

I just used the alchemy loop to make a pair of leather boots give 847 armor on their own...
That's not using the Alchemy loop. The only way to get that armor rating on leather boots is by using the Fortify Restoration Potion exploit. You don't need to utilize the Alchemy loop for that.

Gore gro-Gijakudob

I just used the alchemy loop to make a pair of leather boots give 847 armor on their own, just so I can mix and match any type of armor or clothing(aside from the boots), and still gain max damage protection.

This is a very silly. (Not your build, just the fact that you can do this).

dbukalski

thats using an exploit where a ressurection perk or something(never looked into it) allows you to go insane with stats

Normal game mechanics will get you max armour on hide too

XbSuper

I'm fully aware that it's an exploit, and not an intended game mechanic, but it allows me to make my character look exactly as I want them to.

dbukalski

my comment was for OP so he knows what were talking about. Though without knowing exact detail of how it works my comment was a little vague

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts