• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Name : Eridor
    Race : Wood Elf
    Class : Nature/Forest/Plant Mage (Haven't come up with a title that's right yet)
    Appearance : Average height. Athletic, muscular lean build. Has several scars on his chest and a few on his chin. Has short, brown hair and relatively human green-iris eyes, not the common black/yellow eyes of Bosmer. No face paint. Tanned caucasian/hispanic like skin.
    Clothing : Dark, lightly armoured mage chainmail. (can't quite describe it)
    thief_3_thumbnail.jpg

Think this, but without the hood and more brown and green, instead of Navy. Yes, it's a Thief 3 picture :p

Weaponry : Uses his magic, a rare type that allows the user to control plants and trees of any kind and in any form. While this type of may seem feminine in theory, Eridor uses his powers to use the plants of Tamriel in brutal ways, such as using tree roots to rip a man in two by the legs, and using vines to choke his opponents to death, while thorns are whipped against their backs, instead of growing a daisy field to skip through :D Eridor also uses dual daggers (made from the taproot of a Spriggan Matriach, surprisingly strong and sharp) to deadly effect when up close, though his is much more vulnerable if forced to attack/defend like this, as Eridor is no master with blades, though adept enough to hold his own.

Bio : Eridor was born and raised in Valenwood, into a secretive cult that sought out and hunted ancient, forgotten magical arts of any type, and so was taught the basic principles of magic by his parents. He had a fair, if restricted upbringing, and was happy with his life, and happy to live it with his cult. He drifted by, helping out with any errands, until one day he showed an unusual aptitude for an unknown, unheard of magic (guess what that was), and the elders of his tribe were fascinated with it, but they found they could not harness his powers for themselves, but still encouraged and nurtured his use of it. When he was 14, his mother supposedly died whilst trying to absorb the energy of a powerful artefact, which resulted in the artefact and herself in vanishing in a bright, white hot inferno, no trace of her left. Whilst saddened, Eridor didn't take it too badly, his mother knew of the potential consequences of meddling with such power, and so he accepted her fate quickly.

When he was 25, Eridor came home from hunting to find his family, friends and entire community killed, slaughtered by officials of the Bosmerian government, who were still at the scene. Eridor, not even thinking, killed every single one of them (there were about 10) in pure rage, tearing them apart and impaling them with his powers. He felt it best to leave Valenwood forever after burying his entire family and brothers and sisters of the clan. He crossed the border into Cyrodiil being chased by Valenwood authorities attempting to capture or kill him for the massacre of their forces, but Eridor lost them and ended up resting in Anvil, catching his breath and figuring out what he is going to do next. It is also his birthday as he entered Anvil.

That okay? I can change anything you need me to change.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    IF YOU PM EITHER ME SKY OR TEMP ABOUT JOINING
    WE ARE GOING TO ALL TELL YOU THE
    SAME ANSWER AND IT WILL BE
    THAT YOU NEED TO APPLY THROUGH
    THE OOC THREAD BY PUTTING
    UP A CHARACTER CARD

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
    Staff member
    K634U.jpg
    "Why must you summon me? Did you run out of imaginary friends to play with?"

Name | Race | Age | Gender | Class/Rank | Appearance
    Setmu | Dremora | ??? | Male | Kynval Warrior | See Picture

Abilities
    Spells: Close Wounds, Fireball, Firebolt, Flame Cloak, Stoneflesh, and Steadfast Ward.
    Skills: Heavy Armor, One-Handed, Block, Destruction, and Restoration.

Equipment
    Dremora Kynval Armor, Dremora Kynval Shield, and a Dremora Longsword.

Personality
    Setmu is like most Dremora: He values oaths, pride, honor and loyality, both to his clan and Mehruns Dagon. He doesn't hold mortals in the highest esteem but will do the bidding of the one who summons him. Setmu also has a fondness for sarcastic remarks and taunts.

Advantages
    Setmu can not be permanently killed, only sent back to the planes of Oblivion. He is also a rather tough individual who is capable of dishing out damage via sword or spell.

Disadvantages
    His biggest drawback is that he is Dremora and thus can not stay away from Oblivion for very long. The more strenuous the activity, the quicker his departure arrives. After he has departed it takes some time before he can be called forth again.

Biography
    Setmu once held the rank of Kynmarcher but after the invasion of Cyrodiil failed he was demoted to Kynval. This brought much shame to his clan as well as to himself. His combat prowess and tactical knowledge was a cornerstone in his quick rise up the ranks. However, he underestimated the mortal that entered his domain. This proved costly as he not only lost the Sigil Stone he was commanded to protect, but the strategic gate he guarded was also closed in the process. He has sworn to do whatever it takes to reclaim his lost honor and glory but unforeseen events may postpone this endeavor.

Ah well, always next time. :)

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    @Uther that looks like a very interesting character. Never seen a Dremora character in an RP before, and never done well. It would be interesting to have to deal with the time that you have to be called back to Oblivion. Maybe the rest of the characters are in a fight and you leave at an inopportune moment, making the group (more) vulnerable. Very interesting concept indeed, nice original character you've done there ;)

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
    shylara001mini.jpg

Name: Shylara Honor-Bound (Not her real last name)
    Race: Nord
    Class: Warrior, Woodsman
    Birthplace: Windhelm, Skyrim
    Appearance: Dimunitive for her age.
    Clothing & Weaponry: 1h Sword, Shield, most finely crafted custom armors. She's 13 and small, you can't expect her to buy off the rack!
    Weaknesses: Extreme fear of fire and magick.

Bio: The only child of affluent goldsmiths and mine owners, Shylara was born and raised in the upscale Jeweled Quarter of Windhelm. Despite her wealth, Shylara dreamed of adventuring. She loved hearing stories about Tiber Septim in their devout Talos worshiping home, she often acted out her favorite scenes in the basement of their home.

At a young age, her father noticed her skill at swordplay. Her balance, her speed, her agility, her fluidity, her confidence. He took it upon himself to teach her what he knew. WIthin a year or two, he could teach her no more. She was besting him with the heavy wooden swords he had Nils carve for them. Since cost was no object, Shylara's father would often import trainers from all over Tamriel to help train his daughter in combat and survival. The Swordsmen, Shield-Maidens, and Rangers would stay for months at a time imparting their knowledge to the young girl, all of them leaving impressed and with many bruises.

Just a month after her twelfth birthday, Shylara awoke in her bed after a terrible nightmare. She rushed out of her room to check on her parents only to see them slaughtered near their great hearth. The fire from the hearth flickered, casting ominous shadows on the wall. Shocked, she grabbed her family's sword off the wall and spun around looking for what may have done this. All she heard was giggling.

From out of the shadows emerged a child. No bigger than she was, the girl's mouth dripped with blood. Shylara charged at the girl only to be left paralyzed by the ball of green energy that the girl flung at her. The girl stood over her, blood from her chin dripping onto Shylara's white nightdress.

"What a shame, our contract only called for two deaths... but I suppose accidents can happen," she giggled. The girl dipped her hand into the pool of blood surrounding her parents and pressed her hand firmly on Shylara's chest. She giggled with delight.

Shylara, unable to move, was filled with terror. She watched as fire leapt from the girl's hand igniting her family home. The curtains and tapestries were the first to burn, then the furniture. She felt tears roll down her face as her parents still bodies succumbed to the flames. The girl took one last look at Shylara and hit her again with the evil green magic. The smoke from the fire was quickly filling the room and Shylara started to panic. The flames had started burning the floor of the second story. Pieces of the top floor of their home were now crashing down around her. The girl leaned down and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Courtesy of The Dark Brotherhood," she said. With that, the girl vanished into the smoke.

Shylara could feel the heat from the fire singeing her hair and blistering her skin. She coughed painfully as the smoke entered her lungs. She felt her lungs burn from the heat of the air. Suddenly someone came crashing through their backdoor. Out of oxygen, Shylara blacked out.

Days later, Shylara awoke inside The Palace of the Kings. Wuunferth, the Court Mage was applying a salve to her burns. "Ah child, you're awake." Shylara's lungs were too damaged to provide a response. "There, there, just rest." She closed her eyes and fell asleep, the effect of the salve comforting her.

Late that evening, Shylara awoke to conversation, a woman's voice. Niranye's.

"Wuunferth, I have to get her out. If they knew she survived, they will kill her. They were careless once, you can be damned sure they won't be this second time," she said.

"Niranye, look at her, she's in no condition to travel! Her lungs are still damaged, her skin still oozes with pus. She will not survive without care! Look, I know what her family meant to you, but I cannot allow this. Even you yourself are not healed! Look at your own burns, you broke your arm smashing down their door!" he replied.

"I ... I know people. People loyal to me, they will get her out. She cannot stay in Skyrim. She needs to go somewhere that the Dark Brotherhood will not find her. I will hire an alchemist to travel with her, with what I'd be paying her, I wouldn't doubt their loyalty."

"Ulfric owes her family as much as anyone, he promised to protect her and raise her as his own. Again, no Niranye, she will die on the road," he sighed.

"She will die here old man!" Niranye stormed out of the room.

Shylara closed her eyes and feigned sleep. Wuunferth approached her bedside and placed a cool towel on her forehead.

"Poor child, so naive to the schemes and plots of your father. We all knew that one day it would catch up to him. Hopefully his soul rests in Sovngarde," sounding exhausted, Wuunferth left the room and closed the door behind him.

Unable to sleep, Shylara lay in bed re-living that conversation between Niranye and Wuunferth and what the Court Wizard had said after she left. What was father into? Schemes and plots? Who could possibly want father dead?

After hearing the wolves howl for hours, sleep finally came to Shylara. She dreamed of the fire, she dreamed of the green ball striking her leaving her powerless even with steel in her hand. She woke in a cold sweat, her hand gripping a sword that wasn't there. She wasn't alone.

"So the girl survives?" said the familiar melodic giggle of the girl. "I heard rumors that it was true, but I had to see it myself." The girl held the same ball of green energy in her left hand. "Uh uh uh, don't even think of screaming. My my my aren't you a fighter? Oh well, now that it's been confirmed, once our employer hears of this, I guess I'll be visiting you again."

Shylara managed a raspy response, "Who are you?" It pained her throat for the words to emerge.

"I'm Babette, pleased to meet you!" The girl winked at her and vanished again.

More questions flashed through her mind. Was this now her lot in life? A life of fear? Waiting everyday for death to arrive? Her questions halted as the door to her room creaked open. It was Niranye.

"Oh, you're awake. Come child, we need to go." Shylara nodded in agreement and struggled to sit up. She could feel the new skin on her back stretch and tear. "Poor child, I'll do what I can to keep you comfortable, I owe your father so much."

Before dawn break, Shylara was riding in the back of a covered carriage, hidden in a box. The alchemist, Sjoliria quietly hummed a tune while doing her best to prepare ingredients in the bumpy carriage. It would be a long ride to Cyrodiil. Shylara left Skyrim with nothing but the clothes on her back, the burning in her lungs, the pain of her body, and the letter from Niranye that she promised she wouldn't open until she reached Anvil.

Skyrimosity

Not sure if we're taking new members but I'll talk with my partners

A.Auditore

maybe...
    My Mistake... Forgot to post this up

Corrupted Souls Is Full ATM but you can still post Your Card Up Thanks!

Skyrimosity

Ash, sometimes, you just make me wanna go to Wal-Mart with the Spiked Battle Flail and go crazy

A.Auditore

maybe...
    :eek: Oh Snap LET US RAGE WALMART TOGETHER!!!! *grabs flail* You Ready?

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Lets Kill Somone.... *heads towards walmart*

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
    Not sure if we're taking new members but I'll talk with my partners

If not, it's fine, Ash asked me earlier this weekend to post a card, didn't have time until today.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts