• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Eridor looked at the Orc as he commented on the weather, and he noticed a slight cringe on the brute's face as he glanced up, into the darkness of the sky, as if he was disgusted with the climate, or his luck of being caught in it. Eridor eventually answered the Orsimer's question,
    "It's not the bad weather that I don't like, actually, I find storms soothing, strangely enough. It's the sense of.... foreboding that troubles me more. Bad things tend to go hand in hand with storms and rain, y'know?"

When Eridor heard that the group was planning on sheltering in the Ayleid ruins, he felt a feeling of intuitive hesitation, if this group had decided to take cover from the storm in there, who else could have also? Bandits and Skooma runners came to mind, and both of them were unpleasant company.

Nevertheless, Eridor accompanied the group as they diverted towards the ruins, as his suspicions were unfounded, and were probably over-thought perceptions if anything. At least he hoped.

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
    Conan carried on walking with Eridor ''Yeah I guess Eridor anyway. You know by running we actually get more wet, it's best to keep a good pace that way we wont get as wet, anyway keep your guard up theirs bound to be some evil in this good forsaken Ayleid ruin.''

Conan saw the ruin in the distance, it was much like the famous Dwemer ruins that dotted Skyrim, just more stone than technology.
    Conan had delved into his fair share of ruins, caves and Dungeons ect but this place just didn't seem right.
    It was perhaps the second time Conan had ever seen an Ayleigh ruin and there were as amazing as everyone said ''So, how long do we plan on staying at the ruin? I mean if it's anything over 1 hour we should really clear out the entire ruin, though it'll be a rather long process I'd rather be alive and tired than relaxed then attack by some Evil creature in the Dark. Understand what I mean?'' Conan was weary, even if the group didn't agree with him he would still look over them.

Danrik then took lead to start approach the ruin. How he spoke reminded Conan of his time back in Skyrim, how his father always taught him military tactics. Conan's father was a good solider, even at his age he still keeps up his military tradition.

Templar of Talos

Bane of Elves and Vampires
    He hated rain and storms, he prefered the snow, cold, silent, and fresh. And Keara was right, this was no normal storm. Luckilly, Edwyn had found some old ruins to take shelter in. He had heard the word 'Ayleid' from Edwyn, and that troubled him.

Danrik had been inisde enough Ayleid ruins to know that they're so easy to break into, that anything could be in there. Bandits, Necromancers, even Imps or Goblins were privvy to hiding out in Ayleid ruins such as this. He unhooked his hammer and shield from their mounts on his armour.

"Everyone stay sharp. I'll take point" he said, his old Military instincts kicking in. Remembering he wasn't in command of a squad of highly trained soldiers. But part of a group of drifters, mercenaries and vagabonds, all with their own unique methods of dealing with foes. He took the lead, his grip tight on his hammer handle, his shield raised. He moved forwards.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Eridor, bored with the lack of conversation he was currently having, decided to get to know a different member of the group, other than the surprisingly friendly Orc. Noticing that the Argonian had a lack of company, Eridor caught up to the lizard by quickening his pace. As he got closer, he could hear a faint murmur of a song or chant coming from the Argonian's scaly lips. Eridor hesitated his initiation of colloquy, as the tune was pleasant, heartened. He waited for the Argonian's musical monologue to conclude before he spoke to him.
    "Nice weather, huh? And I was told that Cyrodiil was known for a nice, sunny climate...", a friendly, sarcastic undertone highlighted his voice, as he said, with an amicable smile on his face, as always whenever the Wood Elf was in a good mood.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn began to walk towards the Ruin with the others following. Edwyn was in front, Danrik and Keara just behind Edwyn, and the others just behind Danrik and Keara. Edwyn had been running rather fast when he first discovered the ruin so he estimated it'd take around 10 minutes to reach it. He lead the group the way he first came and carefully noted everytime he saw wildlife worth hunting. He saw some rather large prey and decided if the storm died down he may go hunting in the morning. They walked through the trees, onto grassy land. After around 3 minutes of walking on the grass, they came to the Ayleid ruin. The ruin was surrounded by skeletons in a circle around the entire ruin with some dried blood on top of them. It was a horrific scene but they had strayed off the main road so the only option remaining was to go into the ruin. Edwyn opened the door to the ruin. It smelled of death and old, dried blood. Still, Edwyn held the door open as the others slowly began to walk in.

(Noone describe going further into the Ruin, we'll be doing that soon enough. If I see you post that, I will know you haven't been reading all the posts.)

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    As they arrived at the entrance of the Ayleid structual relic, Eridor scanned the mouth of the ruins. He could only wonder what mysteries and potential dangers lurk inside its bowels. He had never been in an Ayleid ruin before, but he knew of the evils that can lurk there, learnt from the sharing of experiences from members of his clan who had entered them in search of magical artefacts. Sure, they were pretty enough to look at, but to Eridor, that's what makes them all the more sinister. They lure adventures and shelter seekers in with innocent appearance and attractive architecture, and then they devour them as their curiosity leads them inside.

They were the seductive kind of deathtrap, and that's what made Eridor apprehensive as the group made their way into the large doors of the vestige of a once dominant civilisation, blind and shrouded to the hazards inside.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    The storm picked up as they got to the enterance of the ruin, Edwyn lead the way in, as he opened the stone door it somewhat opened with ease, like someone or something has been in and out recently, they took their first steps in, Keara picked up the smell of mold and decay, she wrinkled her nose, she looked at the enterance walls, green covered in moss with little to no grey stone showing, she grabbed Edwyn by his forearm, gripping tight, she was a little scared as to what might be down the stairs "Edwyn do you think we need to go any further?" it was right at that moment the storm outside picked up, the others rushed in shutting the stone door behind them, little flashes of water slipped under the crack of the door

Derath_farseer

(( just a heads up I'm visiting family in England so ats why I've been lacking to post and right now I'm typing on my I pad if I can get on a computer I'll edit this and color the text, also add more I was rushed))

Einarr pulled his hood back over his face as his nice little chat with the elf and Orc came to and end. And as soon as the hood fell his small grin vanished replaced by his constant scowl. His head turns to briefly glance at the woman who felt the need to command the rest. With a slight shrug he started to walk with the others standing between the obvious leaders of the group and the rest he felt little need to talk to the others so he kept his eyes fixed on the path ahead, constantly searching for any possible threat.

It wasn't until word of the ruins reached them that his constant watch was broken and his spoke more to him self then the people around him.
    "A group of adventures camping in some ancient ruins, what could go wrong?" he said it in a sarcastic tone, people like this group seemed to draw danger and strife to them selves . Not that he truely minded it, he had visited ruins like these before wile trying to understand his magical talent. He found that the magical gems could be tainted and used to boost his power.

He was lost in the memory and hardly noticed he was standing by the ruins with the group.

Mini Mongo

The ruin was beautiful from the outside, Conan had never seen such a lovely ruin. This was perhaps the second Ayleid ruin Conan had ever seen but this one was much larger, and older.
    There was patterns on the walls outside with a couple gaps ruining the pattern.

As Conan entered the ruin it was dark yet beautiful. The pattern from the outside carried on the inside, it was like a ocean design on the walls. Conan thought it might lead to treasure, and they needed to be safe so one not start a patrol. ''Guys I'm gonna go on a patrol, we need to see if anyone else decided this is a nice place to camp. As we all know Ayleid ruins are seductive yet evil deathtraps. Who else is gonna join me?'' Conan wouldn't feel safe in this ruin until they were sure there was no enemies remaining.

Conan had heard rumors of the ruins during his young days, his father talked about how the Ayleids were brilliant masters of the arcane arts, and could build some of the largest ruins in all Tamriel.
    Ayleids were most commonly known as the heartland high elves, they were much like High elves from Tamriel, even there personalities were much the same.
    Ayleids or heartland high elves were possibly the second most beautiful looking elves, but Skyrims snow elves were clearly the nicest. Although the snow elves were extinct and had turned into the evil Falmer, many Nords still talk about them, and their memory lives forever.

Conan could fill the magic aura still within the ruin, it was almost as the Ayleids still walked the halls of the ruins, but of course they did not.

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Eridor heard the Orc's asking of company for his the patrol. Although he made the question seem like an invitation for anyone who could be bothered, Eridor had the feeling that the Orc didn't want to do the patrol alone, whether out of fear or potential boredom, he couldn't deduce. Eridor didn't fancy waiting around, even if this was the chance to get to know some of the other members of the group, there was always time to converse over drinks when they get to the inn.
    "Sure, I'll go." Eridor replied. Turning to the group, he asked "Anyone else coming?", hoping to get at least one other person to tag along, as much as he liked the Orc, he wanted to acquaint himself with someone different.

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Keara looked toward the other crew members then at her feet, the water started to slowly pool around, "Just let us all continue down then when we reach a breaking point we can spilt up and clear out if anything in this ruin, there is no need for any of us right now to be going in solo playing hero at the moment, the stone door opened up to easily and that let alone worries me, cause I don't think bandits are down here" she glanced over to Edwyn, moving in closer to him, still gripping his arm, leans in whispering to him, where only Keara, Danrik and Edwyn himself can hear "What do you suppose could be down here? I have an uneasy feeling, like there is some kind evil force and its not coming from you, it feels stronger like there are many"

Mini Mongo

Conan acknowledged Eridor, Conan and Eridor were getting alone fine, but Conan could see he clearly wanted more people.
    Keara then said "Just let us all continue down then when we reach a breaking point we can spilt up and clear out if anything in this ruin, there is no need for any of us right now to be going in solo playing hero at the moment, the stone door opened up to easily and that let alone worries me, cause I don't think bandits are down here"
    Conan could sense there was a extreme amount of evil energy, Keara then turned to speak to Danrik and Edwyn. Conan couldn't hear what she was saying but it was probably the same feeling as Conan.

Conan looked at Eridor whispering to him ''I don't mean to be rude about them, but their hiding something I can tell. Clearly there's something evil in the air, we need to stick together with the argonian and Dunmer, they've been friends for a long time and we are just tag a longs so they probably don't trust us as much.'' Conan then turned to Keara, Danrik and Edwyn ''Alright if we come to a breaking point me, Eridor and Einarr will stick with eachover, you guys stick with eachover.''

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Eridor acquiesced Conan's words. He had seen deception before, but the leading trio didn't show any signs of it, at least as far as he could tell. Conan was clearly convinced that they were concealing some motives from the rest of the group, but Eridor wasn't as sceptical, mistrust breaks bands apart quicker than death does. Trying to put the Orc's mind at ease, Eridor whispered back, though louder, as he didn't think his coming words were anything scandalous, and wasn't bothered if the rest heard them.
    "They are right not to trust us. Would you trust a bunch of mercenaries with your life, not hours after you first met them? I think you're being a bit too cynical about them. I've seen the treacherous kind of employers before, and those three don't match any signs. Loosen up a bit, you keep sowing those seeds of doubt, then you'll get a bigger harvest than you wanted."

Eridor cringed when the Orc displayed his dubiosity to the entire group. Not only was he having a lack of faith in the chivalry of the group leaders, but he just advertised his mistrust to everyone, and attempted to essentially divide the group. Trying to repair the potential damage, Eridor immediately interrupted any reply that could've been made.
    "There won't be a breaking point. Not if we stick together, and trust each other" Eridor aimed those last words towards his Orc friend, his eyes glaring, though not in a hostile way, trying to make as much of a point as possible. Walking over to the trio, he loudly whipered to them, so only they could hear,
    "Ignore my friend, he speaks only for himself. He's a bit... sceptical, overly-sceptical. Forgive him, he's an Orc, they've been forced to be not easily trusting"

A.Auditore

maybe...
    Keara let out a deep sigh "Well he has his right to not trust us, actually none of you do, for all you know we are killers that lure adventures like yourselves out to places like this kill them and rob them, but we aren't" she finally left go of Edwyns arm and crossed her arms over her chest "If you feel the seeds of mistrust amoung us then the door is there... As far as I am concerned we haven't shown anything towards any of you but welcomed arms at the moment." she placed a hand against the cold, mossy covered stone wall "I was just simply saying to my coherts here that there is something definitly in here besides us, and that I dont like the feeling was all, I didn't want to alarm the rest of you with doubt of one us dragging your dead bodies back to Anvil" lets out another sigh "When we reach the main floor, we are going to be going in groups, I will be talking the orc and the wood elf, Edwyn with the Argonian and Danrik will be the nord... Alright?"

Skyrimosity

Edwyn didn't like the smell of the cave. It smelled of dark magic and living dead... a sign there were likely Necromancers performing dark rituals ahead. "Yes Keara, we need to get moving." But then, the orc started going on about how they were going to split up and it was obvious he didn't trust them. Edwyn looked the orc in the eye "Look Orc, absolutely noone made you come here. You came of your own free will to follow me, Keara, and Danrik. Now, we need to get moving. I fear there may be Necromancers performing summoning rituals ahead. If so, they need to die." Edwyn then heard Keara mention the groups they would be splitting up in. He looked the Argonian in the eye and turned to Keara. "Yes, I am fine with that."

cazzer14

Guess who's back...
    Eridor was glad that Keara had handled Conan's outburst as passively as she did. She could've kicked the Orc out of the group then and there for showing such mistrust, but she was obviously more controlled and understanding than doing something so brash, and Eridor appreciated her for that. Eridor made it known to her that he, at least, trusted her and the two other leaders.
    "I know you aren't the betraying type. You haven't got that... deceptive aura about you, one that I can usually pick up." He gave her an assuring smile that let her know that he trusts her, even if they hadn't really formally met yet.

Eridor took note of the allocated groups, and nodded in acknowledgement. He agreed that there was something dark further in the ruins, something evil, malicious. When Eridor heard the Breton mention the probability of Necromancers, he felt a churn in his stomach. He loathed Necromancers, not because of their use of dark magic, or the fact that they raise the dead and summon less-than-pleasant beings, but because they were usually creepy and shuddersome. Every time Eridor had the misfortune of conversing with a Necromancer, they attempted to commence a conversation about something ethically disturbing, such as the appropriate method of mutilation of young Nord girls. Not to mention they stink of rotting flesh and skeever excrements.

Derath_farseer

Einarr walked down the stairs worn smooth by the years as he reached the lower levers like the rest he felt the dark magical power. But instead of shying away fom it he took a deep breath taking in and enjoying each puff of magical power, not because of some of love of dark magic but because of the pure magical power that flowed behind it, which his on power ran on. With a twist of his head he looked at the others and smiled.
    "Rather pleasant isn't it!" he offered them a rather small but sick smile in reply.
    "Can't wait to see whats waiting down there for us, has to be intresting at the very least" he hummed a haounting tune with a smile in his
    Iips breathing in the dark magic and turning it into pure magical power. He was rather shocked they wherent more alarmed that he had been following them but he had guessed they must of really needed the help in their quest.

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza looked at Edwyn and humbely said, "Lead the way, friend." but he also recited this line to Edwyn, "Being apart of the Naaluju in Black Marsh, I know a thing or two about summoning rituals, however, I know nothing about necromantic rituals. I don't know if they're the same or not, but i'll help any way I can." Just after saying that, Julanza remembered summoning his first Storm Atronach back in Black Marsh, it was an exciting experience for him. He felt more nostalgic as he starting reminiscing to back then.

Skyrimosity

Edwyn nodded toward Julanza and said to the group "Let's go!". They walked for a little while in the dark hallway, the few candles only providing enough light to see the puddles of blood on the floor. After a minute or so, they came to a point where the hallway split into 3 paths. "Julanza, you are coming with me down the right path. Keep your eyes open." Edwyn and Julanza then left the group and started walking down the path. "So Julanza, how long have you been drinking Skooma? Too long to break the addiction?"

ChiefScalyNipples

Dictator of my bedroom
    Julanza nodded and said, "Yeah" and to answer Edwyn's Skooma question, he sighed and said, "I've been drinking Skooma since I was around 22, so....9 years maybe? One tends to lose track when all they care for is Skooma. I wish I could break the addiction, I heard restoration magic could do the trick, but I know nothing of Restoration. I did....horrible things while on Skooma...I regret them dearly." he kept following Edwyn and felt depressed after saying that. The "horrible things" he was talking about, was beating his wife and hatchlings when he went a couple days without Skooma. He loved his family, but the drug was controlling him. He'd do anything to get back with his wife, and see his hatchling's young faces. They've probably grown up so much after him being kicked out the house for 8 years. He knew that if he wasn't addicted he wouldn't have done those things. It's the biggest regret of his life.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts