Consoles - Patch 1.5.26 Water Bug

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I never got the update. Can someone confirm it was pulled for the PS3?

There is nothing on Bethblog about the update for PS3 getting pulled. Can you find the version number for your game and post it?

I work out of town but with post it here late Monday night. Any tips on determining that?

Unless the update is so short it's unnoticeable I am pretty sure I didn't get it. My friend just had to delete and re-install his game data due to the water bug. Maybe it's good I didn't get the update although I seem to notice more kill cams.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think it's on the options screen once you're in the game. It used to be somewhere on that opening splash screen for console, I'm told. But I seem to recall it's moved.

I think it's on the options screen once you're in the game. It used to be somewhere on that opening splash screen for console, I'm told. But I seem to recall it's moved.
I'll look for it. I was mistaken. It will be Tuesday night when I get home and can tell you.

I'll look for it. I was mistaken. It will be Tuesday night when I get home and can tell you.
I saw nothing on the opening screens about version and see nothing in System menu.
If you find out how to check, I will be home for 4 days and will check here periodically.

Robby

There's a new patch now that you can download for the consoles. I can't remember the name of the patch, but if you've got the Xbox or PS3, simply start the game and accept the new patch download, and voila - done :)
Hope this helped, gracias!

subwizardzero

Is anyone aware if will they be fixing this on a new patch anytime soon? Just wondering if it would be worth it to wait instead of deleting my game data and the patch.
I Also noticed that standing in the fire pit at the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun had the same glitch effect, I'm assuming other fire pits will do the same.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Is anyone aware if will they be fixing this on a new patch anytime soon? Just wondering if it would be worth it to wait instead of deleting my game data and the patch.
I Also noticed that standing in the fire pit at the Drunken Huntsman in Whiterun had the same glitch effect, I'm assuming other fire pits will do the same.

If you're talking about the water bug, you don't need to remove the path. Just get rid of the game data. It doesn't remove saved games or anything. Once you do that, you'll be at patch 1.5 and able to play just fine as far as I've read from other PS3 users.

subwizardzero

If you're talking about the water bug, you don't need to remove the path. Just get rid of the game data. It doesn't remove saved games or anything. Once you do that, you'll be at patch 1.5 and able to play just fine as far as I've read from other PS3 users.
Alright thanks man, I'm going to give it a shot. I had a couple quests which it was necessary to swim, Hope this works!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Alright thanks man, I'm going to give it a shot. I had a couple quests which it was necessary to swim, Hope this works!

Let us know if you continue to have problems, but these steps to fix it that Bethesda had posted seem to have had very good success.

Bootlegger

** Edit by Rayven: The following post is erroneous information as the poster goes on to say. I just don't want anyone getting tripped up by following this advice. **

Important note!!!! If you have played beyond the point of installing the patch and you do this solution you will have to delete all saves back to before you loaded the defective patch in order to continue playing your previously saved game.

Bootlegger

Scratch that last post. If you make sure you have internet access when you go back into the game and get the latest 1.5 patch all is good and you don't lose anything.

I found it. I had to delete my game data utility to clear a bug related to a companion quest. When you do that on the PS3, in the game data utility folder, is the the is the main Skyrim data and an update dated Feb. 14th.
So the last update was 2-14-12. Sorry I didn't see the exact version # but I play every week so it had to have been release within 5 days of that date.

iLouis

Psst...I know who you are. Hail Sithis!
I never got this update, and my game still crashes. What should I do?

Skyrim has always been crashy. Unless you mean it crashes when you enter the water. For that, I don't really know. Maybe accept the update?

The you would still deleted the game data utility as instructed earlier int he thread. It fixes most problems. I got it to fix a bug preventing me from finding the Silverhand Leader. Just read the instructions carefully and remember to NOT delete your saved game data.

mad dog

I have the bloody water bug too, and i haven't got any of this patch for it yet and with out it i can't finish the thieves guild mission because the whole place fills up with water once you kill mercer. i just read all the comments and to see that much people have this problem, Bethesda better make a patch for this or i may as well get rid of it if i can't complete half the game! RAGE!!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I have the bloody water bug too, and i haven't got any of this patch for it yet and with out it i can't finish the thieves guild mission because the whole place fills up with water once you kill mercer. i just read all the comments and to see that much people have this problem, Bethesda better make a patch for this or i may as well get rid of it if i can't complete half the game! RAGE!!

To solve the water bug issue, you need to clear the game data from your console. This is NOT removing your saved games. If you go to the beginning of this thread, I made a few posts with links on how to clear the game data specifically. So far, it appears to have worked for everyone experiencing the issue.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts