• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Xukog

So I wanted to try a conjuration archer,using a bound bow and maybe a regular one later on.No stealth,will likely invest in smithing/enchanting,but not planning to powerlevel it.Would light armor or heavy be a better choice, and any ideas about what my health magicka stamina distribution should be?

Therin

Well, as an archer you shouldn't be into close-combat quarters, so I would recommend light armor for the speed. You'll need to put some into Magicka because--unless you pick Altmer and have the mage's hood from the starting quest--I don't think you'll have enough magicka to even cast Bound Bow. Again, being a ranged character, health shouldn't be your main concern. I'd recommend a 40-40-20 build with Magicka-Stamina-Health, respectively. Once you get enough Magicka to cast your conjuration spells frequently, you can switch over to health.

Therin

As a tip, there is a copy of Tome of Bound Bow that you can get for free, instead of buying it from a court wizard. I won't spoil it for you, but here's a hint: Fort Amol. Happy hunting.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
I would start off with a nice low-medium conjuration to stick with until you gey it leveled, Flaming Familiar does really noce at lower levls, and could definately help an Archer. Even though CQC isnt really a forte pick a decent weap and stick to it. Other than that happy hunting.

TheDovahkiin

The Fabled Stealer Of Sweetrolls
USE BOUND WEAPONS. Bound Bow is an early weapon that inscreases Conjuration and Archery, and is as powerful as a DAEDRIC bow! The perks in that tree if you get it high enoughy make them DEADLY.

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
I [quote="TheDovahkiin, post: 189520, member: 13760"USE BOUND WEAPONS. Bound Bow is an early weapon that inscreases Conjuration and Archery, and is as powerful as a DAEDRIC bow! The perks in that tree if you ] get it high enoughy make them DEADLY.[/quote] Ive never found Bound Bow early on honestly, always had to buy it when I reach Adept level or so Conjuration. Was my favorite Dragon killer haha. Have one at low health crawling at you with all its strength only to take a daedric arrow inbetween the eyes and have its soul torn in defeat. Really an excellent spell. I also suggest mixing a little of all these sets of light armor: Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, and Armor of the Old Gods (Thats the name of the enchanted Forsworn Armor Im pretty sure.) Mix and match a little with them, and see what fits your playstyle the best.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts