Completely Ridiculous Things that Scare You

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Solitude

Inactive
Case I: Frost atronarchs freak me out like no other enemy. Whenever someone summons one and sets it against me, I start panicking. It's something about the heavy sound of its footsteps, the fact that the thing's three or so times my size and so terrifyingly alien in appearance. I always feel like their icy fists can smash me in one hit, that their progress toward me is unstoppable and inescapable, like a steamroller. And beneath it all, I know that they're one of the weakest enemies and that their large size makes them much easier to hit. To make it even more ridiculous, I truly fear these guys...and I am a pyromancer. >.<

Case II: On my very first character ever, I was a bit freaked out about leaving the safety of Riverwood. I didn't really have the hang of combat yet, was still uncertain about what I was supposed to do and didn't know much about the world at all. I walked down the path to Whiterun, alert to every bit of movement, expecting an enemy to pop out of the trees any second and assault me. And then I see something running ahead of me and I'm like "AHHHHHHHHHH! IT'S GONNA KILL ME!" It was a harmless deer, galloping across my path.

Is anything more ridiculous than that?

Im not sure if you should play F.E.A.R 2 Then... :/

Neriad13

Premium Member
Im not sure if you should play F.E.A.R 2 Then... :/

Yeah...I don't do so well with games like that in general. I think that Amnesia: the Dark Descent and the first couple Silent Hills sound like great games with mind-blowing storylines, but they'd scare me so bad.

HamsterTooth

Bad Ass BattleMage and Evil Hamster
I have to say after all my travels and adventuring that the scariest thing in all of Skyrim is getting drunk then sleeping with Jarl Balgruff...
Sleeping_with_Balgruff.png

Purr

:3
I don't know why, but I get scared sooo easily. Even ordinary wolfs and Draugrs scare me so easily. At the beginning, it was so hard to me be in dungeons, because I was so scared. : DD Yet the worst of all is slaughterfish. I'm scared of fish even in real life and then there is fish... that attacks you... from behind. Yikes!

juniperbugg

Skyrim addict
Nothing has scared me visually yet but the sounds mainly in Dwemer ruins and crypts it creeps me right out lol it's bangs with no obvious origin and the sound of someone creeping around behind you even though you know no one can possibly be there lol *shivers*

IllusionaryDream

Sweetroll Thief
One thing Ive always been scared of....That when I kil a chicken it will happen like in Ocarina of Time. Or like the Voodoo witch doctor from Aqua Teen Hunger Force will appear and summon a Mega Chicken on my ass. OH OH OH!!!! LIGHTBULB YOU GUYS! The Chicken Elemental Atronoch mod! Hha.

Jbcarey

The thing that scared me the most.... was when I was Level 2/3 -- about 5 hours in the game, hanging around in Riverwood and a group of four people attacking me. don't ask me how I got someone wanting me dead, but I can assure you, it was a battle involving hiding under water and a lot of running!!!! scared the plops out of me, mainly because i had no idea WHY they wanted me dead....

Adam Warlock

The thing that scared me the most.... was when I was Level 2/3 -- about 5 hours in the game, hanging around in Riverwood and a group of four people attacking me. don't ask me how I got someone wanting me dead, but I can assure you, it was a battle involving hiding under water and a lot of running!!!! scared the pl*** out of me, mainly because i had no idea WHY they wanted me dead....
Stealing from the Riverwood blacksmith or trader can result in Hired Thugs being sent after you.
This sort of thing happens everywhere in Skyrim.
Sometimes even dead people or children will hire these guys to get you !

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
I jump at most sudden noises but what really truly freaks me out are the dwemer guardian spheres. I don't even know why but I cannot stand them.
And the Falmer. Basically anything in dwemer dungeons now that I think about it.