Companions... Is there a point?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zzUNCLEzz

Im at the part where it keeps telling me to ask the companions for work, then i do, and its always about going somewhere and killing something, chick wants me to ALWAYS go to someones house to kill a random animal, dude in basement always has me killing some random thing in a dungeon, but that seems to be it, same type of mission, different area

Is this all there is to do? Is it officially pointless to do this? If i continue at it does anything ever actually happen?

Thanks for the help

P.S. dude already died, i've been made leader by a ghost dude in a dungeon with witch heads, i dont wanna continue doing same missions for a lowsy 300 gold forever, i wanna do SOMETHING

TGW

There are several Companions specific requests. Have you done any of the following?

• Take up Arms
  • Proving Honor
  • The Silver Hand
  • Blood's Honor
  • Purity of Revenge
  • Glory of the Dead
In addition, there are several Companions Radiant request that include some repetitive animal exterminations.

zzUNCLEzz

There are several Companions specific requests. Have you done any of the following?

• Take up Arms
  • Proving Honor
  • The Silver Hand
  • Blood's Honor
  • Purity of Revenge
  • Glory of the Dead
In addition, there are several Companions Radiant request that include some repetitive animal exterminations.

ok i did all those quests but now under misc. it tells me to keeps asking them for work and its real repiticious. Will these dumb quests ever be officially done or are they just a way to make money?

jramey

Dude already beat all the main quest line for the companions if he's the leader now. OP its up to you if you want to continue doing those quests they're radiant quests now and will be the same stuff over and over, go join a different guild if your tired of those quests

zzUNCLEzz

Dude already beat all the main quest line for the companions if he's the leader now. OP its up to you if you want to continue doing those quests they're radiant quests now and will be the same stuff over and over, go join a different guild if your tired of those quests
thanks man, i was gettin hella ticked off, thanks a million

DovaDestroyer

Rippin' and tearin' since 1996
have you done the totems of hircine, or purity yet. if i remember correctly, after completing the main quest line and doing a few radiant quests from the companion leaders these became available. totems of hircine requires that you did not cure yourself of lycanthropy. it also gives you some cool powers while in beast form. check out this site for more info.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Companions#Main_Quests

3v3r

I have scale-itch... Don't ask how I got it.
There's also a quest where you fight a dragon.

Wraypau

this is the same repeatative mission assignment that the librarian in winterhold gives you over and over, about finding a freaking book. After about 6 hrs of finding books, I googled it, and realized that I was on a never ending quest. When you complete your next assignment, dont ask that person for another, they are from now on useless to the game, except to give you the same mission, different place/animal/person to kill