Xbox 360 Companion stuck in restricted area (Minor Spoilers)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Squiddish

So, I'm doing the Thieve's Guild quest to translate the book, and I'm trying to steal the inscription from the Dwemer Museum. The problem is, I brought Illia with me.

In the first room, I sent Illia to attack someone. I misclicked and accidentally commanded her to go stand next to the guard instead (derp). The problem is, I can't get her out of that room now. I can't talk to her to put her back on follow, she will only reply "You're not supposed to be in here." I can't even open the chat window. I am on XBox 360, if that matters.

I can hold A and command her to move, do stuff, etc. But I CANNOT get her out of this room since I can't make her follow me to leave the area and I can't command her through the door.

I AM NOT leaving Illia here, but I would really prefer not to load a save from 2 hours ago. How can I get her out?

Zedsded

that sounds glitched to me, that she's not being attacked by the gaurd and is respnding like one. have you dsaved and just walked through the door yourself? tbh, i played through that last night using stealth so left companion outside. when you talk to her then thats the only thing she;'ll say?

Onyx

have you tried leaving and then wait for 1 hour? Usually respawns your companions to your side

Squiddish

The issue is that she's responding like a guard and is technically on Wait, not follow. I tried the waiting thing, it doesn't bring your companion to you if she's not on follow. Guess I'm just reloading the last save :|

Gerry

Bring your companion near a session changing door, start fighting till she fights back, go through the door and she'll follow after you, the "Follow me" option should be available now.
Confirmed this in same situation as OP. She might revert back to default gear/weapons, but it'll change back to her custom gear when you fast travel or giver her gear.

Hope this helps..

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Bring your companion near a session changing door, start fighting till she fights back, go through the door and she'll follow after you, the "Follow me" option should be available now.
Confirmed this in same situation as OP. She might revert back to default gear/weapons, but it'll change back to her custom gear when you fast travel or giver her gear.

Hope this helps..

Welcome to the forums, Gerry! And thanks for your reply in this thread.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts