Xbox 360 Companion Issue.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Mister Power

Alright so I have been trawling the internet for ways to fix this problem I have, but there doesn't seem to be one. Skyrim Forums is my last resort.

Okay, so I have a quest to kill a dragon with Farkas in Bonestrewn Crest, but I had already killed the dragon, so it went instantly to a fail and now I cant have a companion. If I kill him, it doesn't fix the issue. I also have another quest to do for him, but it involves me killing a Bandit Leader that I find dead when I arrive at the tower.

Superquark

Most of the Companion quests are "radiant", meaning they are randomised and can be repeated indefinitely by asking for more work. As I recall, the Dragon at Bonestrewn Crest is the subject of a bounty from one of the Jarls, so I think this must be a glitch. The fact that you say you also have another quest for Farkas concerns me - I can't remember having more than one at a time. The glitch could possibly be caused by either of the quests. There's a good chance that reloading a previous save may cure it, tho you may have to go back a little way. Sorry if this doesn't resolve it, but its difficult to be specific based on the info given and the nature of the problem.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
You might wait 30 in-game days to see if both areas reset.