OOC Community In-Game Roleplay

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Let me change that.
    Where do I get started? What thread? :)
    Sincerely,
    TheCropp
    You got Winterhold, unless you'd like to opt for a reroll.

Also, because I accidently deleted this character's file, I think I might just say he's gonna rot in Riften jail and start again. >_>

TheCropp

The Last of the Septims Dynasty
    You got Winterhold, unless you'd like to opt for a reroll.
    Yay ^^ Winterhold is fine :p

Tyrone

Am I too late to join, this seems like a fun idea

Tyrone

Character Name: Ragath-Gro-Azuk
    Race: Orc
    Personality: Ragath is often shy, keeping to himself rather than talking with people, it is not that he views people as a nuisance, it is simply the fact that in life he has learned to keep quiet or risk punishment. He often does not show it, but he is very depressed after leaving his tribe, feeling as though he has no purpose in life anymore. He is not the smartest man and is often prone to rash decision-making.
    Backstory: Ragath grew up in an orc stronghold high in the Wrothgarian Mountains. After his older brother killed his father in a duel and became the new chief, Ragath was kicked out because of orc customs, as brothers of chiefs are viewed as a threat to the power of the tribe. He has come east to Skyrim, seeking a purpose to his life and perhaps a new tribe.

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    Character Name: Ragath-Gro-Azuk
    Race: Orc
    Personality: Ragath is often shy, keeping to himself rather than talking with people, it is not that he views people as a nuisance, it is simply the fact that in life he has learned to keep quiet or risk punishment. He often does not show it, but he is very depressed after leaving his tribe, feeling as though he has no purpose in life anymore. He is not the smartest man and is often prone to rash decision-making.
    Backstory: Ragath grew up in an orc stronghold high in the Wrothgarian Mountains. After his older brother killed his father in a duel and became the new chief, Ragath was kicked out because of orc customs, as brothers of chiefs are viewed as a threat to the power of the tribe. He has come east to Skyrim, seeking a purpose to his life and perhaps a new tribe.
    Solitude.
    If you don't like that, you can reroll once.

I'm half asleep now. Will update you and Cropp to the first post later...

TheCropp

The Last of the Septims Dynasty
    Good luck in the Capital :)

Sorry I'm late. {Tucks in ragged top.}
    1024x819.resizedimage

Dreadfall {Doesn't use her real name, Margot Kurgir if it's important.}

15yo Female Nord "Assassin."

15 Sneak, but plenty of 2handed, when that inevitably fails, working on it. Also Blocking in lieu of Armor, I'll let you know how that works out on Expert. May add Light Armor, or Archery as needed for sheer survival, probably won't get into Crafting. So, the Iron Greatsword I'm not sure I'm getting, or dropping is pretty much all she has to start with.

If necessary, she will buy one from Alvor, even if it means doing the Smithing tutorial. She hates it, pretty much immediately, and sells everything back to get enough Septims. Last I heard, I was in Windhelm, which is fine with me.

Backstory: originally, I had her born in Helgen, but if you want to randomly generate the small town, I can do that. Country girl, never really fit in, had one friend, a Dunmer named Nevaris. He was killed in the dragon attack, but he could have just as easier never had existed. Pretty much a wanna-be rebel against her Race, "they don't understand me" mopey Goth that never got creative enough to injure herself.

So, kicked around, if there's a Nordic Ruin nearby, she probably explored, then vandalized it. Last phase was kinda Punk Rock, without the music, or Hottopic to pick up the patches, so she acted out, away from everyone, and people who lived right next door all her life don't recognize her a week after she's gone. The eye makeup is snowberry stains that won't was off, and she's really self conscious about it. Couldn't wait to get out of there, never killed anyone, but did beat up some skeletons that one time, can handle a Wolf.

At this point, she's a Bandit with delusions of Grandure, and alone in the wilderness with at most adequate survival skills. (The Nord Instakit.) For reference, This is how she thinks of herself.

[edit]Oh, and she litirate. Well, she can read, and write, but has atrocious speling, and not the best grammer. She also writes a journal as soon as she gets her grubby paws on some paper, and charcoal/pen&Ink. She Bathes, when she can, because she enjoys it. I assumed there's a Bathub in most inns, at least at Hold capitals. It's not mandatory, but she gets grumpy the funkier she gets.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
    Cool Psi, looks promising. Tried to add you to the group convo, but it's limited to only 6 people (we still have one member who bowed out that's in there, I sent him a request to remove himself since he's not going to be active). I also sent a message to Renegader seeing if the conversation group size could be increased.

chaosrabbit

Would it be okay if I used a character I just made in the character card thread? I'm kind of new at this and would like to be involved here, but I'm wary of using more than 2 characters at once while I get adjusted. Brion (my character) hasn't done anything past his original storyline...

Is that alright or should I make another character?

Edit: The only problem I could see is that my character's alternate personality uses the Wabbajack in combat, but I'm sure I could adjust him so that he would have to re-search for it or some other daedric artifact instead. He also ends his bio story starting from Solitude, but really, you could put him anywhere and I wouldn't really mind.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
    Would it be okay if I used a character I just made in the character card thread? I'm kind of new at this and would like to be involved here, but I'm wary of using more than 2 characters at once while I get adjusted. Brion (my character) hasn't done anything past his original storyline...

Is that alright or should I make another character?

Edit: The only problem I could see is that my character's alternate personality uses the Wabbajack in combat, but I'm sure I could adjust him so that he would have to re-search for it or some other daedric artifact instead. He also ends his bio story starting from Solitude, but really, you could put him anywhere and I wouldn't really mind.

It's a great backstory, but I fear he's a bit overpowered as written. For example:

Combat preferences: These depend on which personality happens to be in control at the time of combat. Brion himself prefers shock or frost destruction, along with the company of two storm atronachs, Pain and Torment, who stoically appreciate their master’s partiality for thunder, lightning, and menacing majesty of maelstroms. Brion also uses magic armor, invisibility, and paralysis spells, delighting in incapacitating his unwary opponents before sending their souls to Oblivion. Notably, he is terrified of fire, which can be a problem when fighting certain dragons.

Remember, this is an in-game roleplay. You're expected to play your character as-is within the game. Certain liberties can be accommodated as part of artistic license, but you need to follow the rules as set forth by Katastrophe.

So remember, you're a "level 1" nobody as you start on your adventure with less than 100 septims in your pocket and an iron dagger at your hip.

Brion is a genuinely interesting character, but for purposes of this particular roleplay, I would rethink it.

Assuming nothing, I'm just stallking around town, not being seen by guards, and working on Sneak. When you tell me which town, I'll find the first unlocked door, and wait until there's nobody in LoS. She really sucks at sneaking, but also a complete coward. I'm perfectly capable of grinding up Sneak in just about any populated area of Skyrim through an in-game night without getting busted.

Also, if it's Windhelm, I all ready played that one out.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Character Name: Velid Anahill
    Race: Bosmer
    Personality: Velid is very generous, especially to the down on their luck, as he was once in their position. He is a recovering alchoholic and so can be quite moody, yet is still very loyal and despises crimes of any sort. He tries to make friends with everyone he meets, and will gladly stand up for the innocent. He is quite intelligent and skilled at archery, with a basic knowledge of magic. He sometimes makes rash decisions, but usually things end up working out for him. He is also not very fond of Nords, as he knows of their hatred of outsiders. He intends to join the Imperial Legion and fight the Stormcloaks, as the Legion needs all the help it can get to fight the Thalmor, and if Skyrim seceded they would probably not form an allliance with the Empire, like Black Marsh. He hates the Thalmor and the Aldmeri Dominion in general, but not all Altmer, because they enslaved his people. He despises vampires as well, as they killed his family when he was a small child. He has a strong sense of justice and will hunt down the perpetrators of the smallest crimes and bring them to justice, but if they only do it for the sake of their families or something of the sort, then he will give them whatever septims he can muster, take back what they stole and send them on their way. He loves animals and can gain the trust of horses or dogs very easily.
    Backstory: Velid was born in the Imperial City. His mother died giving birth to him and his father had run away when he learned that his girlfriends was pregnant. He was adopted by an Argonian named Walks-the-Shadows, who was raised to be a Shadowscale but ran away to avoid murder, and his Dunmer wife, Sanada. They moved to Valenwood and raised him as there own until he was about five, in human years. They had just moved out of Silvenar and started an inn when an odd party moved in and started harrassing the people staying there. When asked to leave one of them transformed into a winged gray abomination which tore into everyone in the inn, including Velids 12-year-old Argonian adoptive half-brother, Letan-Tal. He escaped and ran to the capitol, Falinesti, running past Silvenar without realizing it. There he became a street urchin until one day when he was 13, in human years, a trade caravan passed through the city. A Khajiit who was walking through the shopping district noticed him and gave him a few septims, and invited him to join the caravan. He travelled with them through Cyrodill, where he was taught to use magic, swords, bows and crossbows, and then into Morrowind. The journey had taken them 7 years. In Morrowind he stopped drinking, as it impaired his judgement, and decided to never break the law, as he loved justice and despised jails. One day when the caravan was stopped in western Morrowind he was walking a little bit away from the caravan when a guard noticed him and arrested him. It turns out that they had unknowingly crossed into Skyrim. They had apparently done it illegally as well. He was taken to a group of imperials who had set up an ambush for Ulfric Stormcloak. When captured they were stripped of their belongings and taken to the city of Helegen. A dragon attacked and he ran through Helgen, grabbing only a dagger and some coins. Once out, he quickly swam to Whiterun and took a carriage to...

Katastrophe

King of Tales
    I love having Mushroom as a pseudo mod.

Psi and Conquers, you're both good. Rolled Falkreath and Whiterun, respectively. As always, you're free to request a reroll. I'm going to go through Bleak Falls Barrow on my latest journal and make that post, then come in here and clean up and remake my character and try to get caught up on everything.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    I love having Mushroom as a pseudo mod.

Psi and Conquers, you're both good. Rolled Falkreath and Whiterun, respectively. As always, you're free to request a reroll. I'm going to go through Bleak Falls Barrow on my latest journal and make that post, then come in here and clean up and remake my character and try to get caught up on everything.

Thanks and no Whiterun is good, though I'm gonna have to throw away my 50 coins for the carriage.

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Probably won't be able to get anything done tonight, though. I'm sick, tired and dealing with two other RP's.

Stutta

Hey sounds like a ton of fun. I'd love to take part. I really admire what Mushroom's put together so far. Here's my character:

(just edited his personality, to add a little more interest to my rp and to fit the backstory a little better)

Name: Cyrus A’Tor
    Race: Redguard

Personality: Cyrus is governed by his personal interpretation of the Redguard religions. In his blood he is a spiritual nomad, and lives by their ways. He dislikes the intrigue of the courts, but accepts its importance, for it is the seat of power. He believes that those who are stongest, those who can survive Satakal's flames, are those who are immortalized. He cares not for the distinction between Daedra and God, for all beings, gods or not, are equals during the cleansing. His sense of honor is not traditional, but largely governs his life. "Eye for an eye, blood for blood." While a linguist he is not, he is usually soft spoken and his honest charm is easily perceived by those that he conducts business with. His greatest flaws are his short temper and his lack of foresight.

Backstory:
    The smell of blood, the crackling of burning flesh, fear. These are my first memories in this world. Hiding under the destruction of my kin, this was my fate. A single child was left by the Thalmor inquisition; left to bear the cost of rebellion, and for the desert sun to claim as its own. Once my limbs would allow, I fled. I ran as far from the burning pyre as I could, until my body collapsed in the heat of the sand. Without a purpose or the hope of survival, I embraced the cold darkness which seeped into my heart.

The gods took no pity on me, but one man changed a child’s fate that night. I awoke in the cool shade of a nomad’s tent, the many burns of the Aldmeri cleansed from my skin. The spiritual stare of an old shaman met my eyes as I glanced about. This man, whose name was never revealed to me, did act as my protector for many years, and to him I owe everything. Raising a child is a young person’s talent, my protector knew not of this. But he knew of wisdom, and he knew of religion. He taught me that from the destruction wrought by Satakal, did rise the immortals. Those who survive the flames are those who are eternalized in my people’s pantheon. And so did I learn of the gods, of the world and of ambition. I would rise, by whatever cost, from this fire.

From this tent, did my life take me ten years later to the glamor of Dragonstar. Here, I believed, was I to make my fortune. I embraced power and its benefits. Control over my own fate is what I sought. I befriended a powerful merchant. Impressing with my wits and will, I rose in Dragonstar society with the help of his influence, hoping to perhaps claim his inheritance one day as my own. However all palaces built on weak sands must one day crumble. Having known the desert and a world of fire, I believed myself invincible to my enemies’ guile. How I had yet to learn of my own naivety.

As the cries from outside my locked home echoed through the streets, I began to make my way out of an open window. “Cyrus A’tor, you are under arrest for the murder of Amon Notura!” I’d had no time to pack any of my belongings. Hammerfell jails are unforgiving. One cannot recover from such an arrest, my greatest friend now lay dead, to escape Hammerfell was my only hope. The man’s family had grown fearful of the bond we shared, but I could not have expected murder. I fled from the city with a cowl covering my face, and so my journey to Skyrim began with nothing but a few coins to my name and the clothes on my back. One day I dream of returning a new man, one capable of dealing retribution where it is required.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts