• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Please everyone post builds that maybe you use or that you find interesting. I am trying to make a big collection of all possible builds.

They should look something like this

Build Name:
Race:
Main Skills:
Secondary Skills:
Important Perks:
Equipment to use:
Playstyle:
Restricitions:
Other:

Thank You everyone for your help in creating this collection of builds

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Build Name:Spellsword
Race:High Elf or Redguard (High elf if more spell. Redguard if more sword)
Main Skills: Destruction, One-Handed, Any other school of magic.
Secondary Skills:Conjuration (if it wasn't in your Main), Armor Skill (light or heavy recommend light), enchanting
Important Perks: Depends on Spellsword playstyle
Equipment: Gear with decrease spell cost, Gear with +one handed
Playstyle: Strike from afar with destruction then slash quickly with one-handed weapon when close.
Restrictions: none unless you wanna add some
Other: Redguard gives you +10 one handed +5 destruction and +5 alteration so he has good beginning stats but High Elf has +5 all magicks (illusion +10) and the extra 50 magicka. The high elf once a day is also more useful to a spellsword than the adrenaline rush.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Remember you can repost one that is already done but to your specifications just because I already made a spellsword doesn't mean you can't make another.

SB_PUNK_D

"The kind of person that uses agility and endurance to their advantage. Unafraid of jumping long distances." -Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Build Name: Acrobat
Race: Khajiit
Standing Stone: The Steed Stone
Primary Offense: Bow, Dagger
Primary Defense: Heavy Armour, Light Armour, Sneak
Class Type: Stealth
Skills: One-Handed, Block, Archery, Lockpicking, Sneak, Speech
Secondary Skills: Enchanting, Smithing, Pickpocketing
Playstyle: Strike down enemies from afar with your different range of bows and arrows and when an enemy gets close, equip your dagger and shield. Use a set of armour of your choice with fortify archery enchantments and frost/flame/shock resistant enchantments. Bow with soul trap and absorb health enchantments (have The Black Star). Dagger should have fear and stamina damage.
Restricitions: Cannot use other weapons.
Other: Khajiit: +10 Sneak, +5 Alchemy, +5 Archery, +5 Lockpicking, +5 One-Handed, +5 Pickpocket. Khajiit have the effect "Claws" allowing them to do 15 points of damage with no weapons which becomes good for bar room brawls. They also get the power "Night Eye" which makes it easier to see in the dark for 60 seconds giving you a good amount of time to kill some Draugr with your bow in dark places.
Perks:
One-Handed: Armsman (4), Fighting Stance, Critical Charge
Smithing: Steel Smithing, Elven Smithing, Advanced Armours, Glass Smithing, Arcane Blacksmith, Dwarven Smithing, Orcish Smithing, Ebony Smithing, Deadric Smithing, Dragon Armour

Heavy Armour: Juggernaut (4), Fists Of Steel, Cushioned, Conditioning
Block: Shield Wall (1), Deflect Arrows, Power Bash
Archery: Overdraw (5), Eagle Eye, Critical Shot (1), Hunter's Discipline, Ranger
Light Armour: Agile Defender (5), Custom Fit, Unhindered, Wind Walker
Sneak: Stealth (5), Backstab, Deadly Aim, Assassin's Blade, Muffled Movement, Light Foot, Silent Roll, Silence, Shadow Warrior
Lockpicking: Novice Locks, Apprentice Locks, Adept Locks, Expert Locks, Master Locks, Locksmith, Unbreakable
Pickpocket: Light Fingers (1), Night Thief, Extra Pockets
Speech: Haggling (1), Bribery, Persuasion
Enchanting: Enchanter (5), Fire Enchanter, Frost Enchanter, Storm Enchanter, Extra Effect, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter

Shield Mage:
Race: Any, but Imperial (most skill bonuses) Redguard (Stamina Assistance) Breton (Magic resistance/Spell Absorbtion) or Altmer (Mobility, and Magicka) are preferred.
Primary Skills: Block, Destruction.
Secondary Skills: Alteration, Restoration, Heavy Armor. (in order of importance)
Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
Equipment to use: Heavy Armor around Robes, probably a Dragon Priest mask like Nahkriin, Otar, or Rahgot. A good Shield, Targe of the Blooded (extra Damage) Ysgramor's (Largest to Deflect more Arrows) or Spellbreaker (with Ward Absorb)
Playstyle: Basically a Battlemage with a Shield instead of a melee weapon, this serves double duty as defense, and light offense with bashes to stagger, or stunlock. Destruction is the Offense, with Bolts, Fireballs, Ice Spices/Storms for ranged, and Wall Spells/Cloaks for close quarters. Keep the enemy off balance for the DoT effects to finish them off. Alteration layers Magical Armor on top of the physical, and provides defensive perks. Restoration heals, provides Wards (Shieldlike spells) and perks to assist Magicka/Stamina recovery.

M/S/H: Magicka is the highest priority, because Destruction is expensive. Stamina is mostly just for Shield Bashes, which are to get you out of the melee, or stunlock enemies in your Wall Spell (Actually used as a puddle at their feet.) Health is mostly handled by layering some heavy armor (not counting the body, for Robes) with Alteration's _Flesh Spells and Blocking. You want enough to not get killed, while the other stat points go to something offensive.

Enchantments: Fortify Destruction, Magicka Regeneration, Stamina Regeneration, Magic/Elemental resistance. With the Elemental Protection Perk, and Otar, Elemental Damage is reduced to 20%. Breton, Lord Stone, and so forth layers on Magic Resistance, which brings this down to around 3-4%. Or, the Atronach Stone/Perk provices 80% Spell Absorbtion (To power all that Destruction in certain fights) and Ward Absorb brings this up to nearly 100%. You shouldn't need to bring all 3 up to max, physical damage should be more of a concern.

osheao

all-powerful HYBRID: (disclosure- this is largely based on Haeravon's published work. i agree with much of it.)

do not take perks that do not add TRUE power.

the trade skills DO NOT have to be exploited.

you must decide, in advance, how you will reach the max AC.

i agree with haeravon that this build is versatile and can be reached early. the rest is all roleplay, fill-in and fleshing out the character. it is rping fun.

i can wake up today and play as a pure mage. mid-battle i can change my mind and play as a pure warrior.

i play DiD and so i understand rping. this build allows you to rp however you'd like at any waking hour.

all-powerful HYBRID: (disclosure- this is largely based on Haeravon's published work. i agree with much of it.)

do not take perks that do not add TRUE power.

the trade skills DO NOT have to be exploited.

you must decide, in advance, how you will reach the max AC.

i agree with haeravon that this build is versatile and can be reached early. the rest is all roleplay, fill-in and fleshing out the character. it is rping fun.

i can wake up today and play as a pure mage. mid-battle i can change my mind and play as a pure warrior.

i play DiD and so i understand rping. this build allows you to rp however you'd like at any waking hour.
As many times as I've seen you post this, I have yet to see a link, or build. You have the Calculator, and apparently an article you can link to. Also, the OP specified a format, so people don't just come in and basically say "All the Good perks." You must be repeating this to generate interest. I'm curious, now, could you help me out with some actual Content?

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Please everyone post builds that maybe you use or that you find interesting. I am trying to make a big collection of all possible builds.

They should look something like this

Build Name:
Race:
Main Skills:
Secondary Skills:
Important Perks:
Equipment to use:
Playstyle:
Restricitions:
Other:

Thank You everyone for your help in creating this collection of builds

Kind of like what Cristian Lazaro has been doing in the thread below?

Class Builds - Guide | Skyrim Forums

Maybe you should compile your builds onto his thread?

A great site that already has a lot of builds compiled is the character build forum. Maybe you can just take every single build there and put them into your format for this thread?

Discussion Forum - The Skyrim Blog

osheao

As many times as I've seen you post this, I have yet to see a link, or build. You have the Calculator, and apparently an article you can link to. Also, the OP specified a format, so people don't just come in and basically say "All the Good perks." You must be repeating this to generate interest. I'm curious, now, could you help me out with some actual Content?

this is basic gamefaq-stuff. i play games by taking lots of info from others and applying it to my personal gaming.

should i give bigwooly a royalty? obviously not, but, i'm no lawyer. here ya go: gamefaqs. haeravon's stuff. like i said, i agree with much of it and have tested it.

edit: btw, i do not care about interest. i generate enough on my own, lol. discussing his builds would be great stuff, though.

osheao

TRUE perk power is the name of the game.

haevaron got this pretty right, almost right away.

that's impressive.

edit: i think a shortchange is in effect, since, i think haevaron could redo his article based on current info: the trade skills do not have to be exploited.

osheao

Yeah? So's this: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! It's in the top link bar of this very site. I finally found the faq I think you're talking about, no builds in there, either. Just pretty basic advice on how to pick, and chose. So, since this is a "Post your Builds" thread, how 'bout you go ahead, and finally Post your Build?

the 'skyrim calculator' doesn't do it for me. its too universal. its for the common fodder.

you obviously didn't read his article. it's nuts and bolts type stuff. for other games, as well. i'm giving this all as a freebee. better like it.

edit: the calculator is a novice tool.

osheao

i think your missing my point: the universal build helps everyone.

and, by chance, it's the most powerful. i have no idea about your 1337 statement. i'm sure i messed up somehwere, but, i know that the skyrim calculator is something i have yet to use. why? sloppy and amateur.

osheao

i gave my credit to where it is due. if you're talking specific build, then, you are wrong. my generic build is the point.

bethsoft screwed up with the application of attributes and skills. period.

shongo3258

Vampire of Skyrim
Wow lots of builds and response this thread thank you everyone especially SB_Punk and Psiberzerker
Article Witer

Jul 11, 2012
Message Count:

New

Oh, I'm not done! Not by a sight.

Bound Badass
Race: Breton, Altmer, or just about anyone.
Primary Skills: Archery, Conjuration, 2H.
Secondary Skills: Something Defensive, Alteration, Block, or an Armor, I prefer Light.
Important Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! (Notes, you only should max out Shield Wall if it's your Only defense. Not needed if you add Armor. You could also add Stealthx1, Backstab, and Deadly Aim just for the multiplier. Don't sneak around, just drop into a crouch long enough to get the shot off.)
Playstyle: Bound Bow in your right hand(the spell) and Bound Battleaxe in your left. Sheathe to recast the other, no need to go into menus. You can put more points into Agile Defender, but I really found the Wind Walker extremely useful. The main gift of Light Armor is all the scripted pieces with Fortify Archery. The Gauntlets of the Old Gods, and either the Ancient Shrouded Cowl, or Linwe's Hood stack up to 55% without any Enchanting. Armor is less of an issue, because you only need enough Magicka to cast Bound Bow (The battleaxe is cheaper) and let your Magicka regenerate within the 2 minute duration. That leaves the rest for Health, and Stamina. Mostly evasive, running around, and shooting with the extremely powerful primary weapon, but should they start to advance, you have a more than adequate backup. Also works with Block instead of armor, but just do the Bash side of the tree. (Shield Wallx5, Power bash, and Deadly Bash) use it mostly to keep them off balance. It really helps to lead with Great Critical Charge to start off with a stagger, and a good dent in Health.
Stone: The Warrior, then either the Lord, or Atronach. Later, you can branch out into Summoning (without the Atronach) for support, but this is really a self sufficient character. the Block variant can even be full strength in a loin cloth, Party Clothes, or ragged robes as long as you have the minimum Magicka. Keep potions handy in case you have to swap weapons unexpectedly, or use Highborn/Dragonskin to recover in an emergency. This can also be done with Bound Sword, and 1 handed instead (Pretty much the same perks, except the specialization) but Battleaxe is more effective, especially with Block/bash.

Arcane Archer:
Race: Altmer, or whatever. Pretty much the same reasons.
Primary Skills: Archery, Conjuration, Block.
Secondaries: None, most powerful with Skill Focus.
Important Perks: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! (Note, just fill out Shield Wall if it's your Only defense, and you're otherwise unarmored. You could instead add Stealthx1, Backstab, and Deadly Aim for the damage multiplier, but just crouch long enough to get the shot off. Otherwise, keep moving as long as they know you're there.)
Equipment: Replace the Dagger, or Battleaxe with the Targe of the Blooded. Not as effective, but makes up for it with much better defense for a whole lot less perks.
Playstyle: Shoot&Scoot, Evasion tactics, but when that inevitably fails, or your bow wears off, the shield pops right out for you to bash your way out. Works extremely well with an Archer Follower (Faendal, or especially Jenassa) to keep up the ranged assault. As you get into higher levels of Conjuration, a Flame Atronach changes this to Bash&Burn, you might want to switch to Brelyna, or Eola, who will conjure another (or raise a Zombie.) Altmer, because they have to spend a minimum amount of Magicka, and can save the rest for Health. I actually wear Heavy Armor, the Targe, and Rahgot, but take so little damage playing the range game, and keeping them staggered that barely any XP is earned in it.
Again, another varient is 1H, and a good dagger. I suggest the Blade of Woe for DPS, and healing instead of defense. Add in Soul Stealer, and probably the Black Star to keep it topped off, since it discharges rapidly. Another good one is the Drainheart Sword, because it's dagger light, and replenishes Stamina for Power Attacks. (If you go for Linwe's Hood, there's always the Nightingale Blade, which absorbs Both!) Just cast the bow left handed in this variant for fastest striking speed with the right. The sidearm still comes out automatically when you sheathe, or time out, but 1 handed, you can cast the bow whenever you need it.

Note, there's not a point of Sneak in any of these builds, because they're streamlined to PWN the battlefield with a minimum investment in gear. I'll also point out that all of these have the common thread of using Block instead of Armor for defense, because Bashing prevents meleers from attacking. The highest damage dealers in the game, they can also be avoided by staying out of their reach, and killing them from a distance, either with Destruction, or Archery. I find it to be a more interesting, and fun way to play than tanking, and depending on the Armor Cap (after hours of crafting) to keep you alive.

Shout: For both, keep Wuld cued up. FRD is nice to send them flying, and shoot them getting up, but I've found the fast relocation immensely valuable. Especially when you stagger to get Out of the melee, this gives you distance, and time to recast the bow.

osheao

i'm supposed to be hating you or something psiber, but, i don't. i apologize for what could be seen as un whatever, but, its always in good fun, for me. i don't think others think that way, but, ah freakin well, lol.

bigwooly's thread was, damn IS an ultimate thank you, to me, lol. bigwooly has my deepest respect, even, when i drain my own, lol. but, that is irrelevant. the truth within wooly's thread is fact. your intent to improve skyrim is now mine.

or, something like that.

osheao

btw, i called ronoldo being an ultimate stud the first time i saw him play. i ridiculed pretty boy for being a puss, but, declared his obvious skill.

yes: off topic. shrug.

edit: i happened to watch this master live today. he's still a puss pretty boy but damn his skillz are serious.

? where do i go to talk about this nonsense?

Skyrim73

Build Name: Battle Mage/ Warrior

Race: Redguard

Main Skills: One Handed (main offense), Block, Heavy Armor, Destruction (ranged offense).

Secondary Skills: Conjuration, Restoration, and Crafting Skills (Enchanting, Smithing, and Alchemy.

Important Perks: Impact (Destruction), Deflect Arrows (Block), Elememental Protection (Block), Power Bash (Block), Disintegrate (Destruction), Augmented Shock 2/2 (Destruction), Along with any perks needed to increase the efficiency of Block, Heavy Armor, One Handed, Destruction, and Conjuration (optional).

Equipment: Preferably Custom Heavy Armor with Fortify Destruction enchant and Fortify One Handed. I also advise using Fortify Regen Stamina and Magic Resistance (especially on shield). This can only be achieved if you have maxed out Enchanting and grab the Extra Effect perk.

Play style: Fight your melee fights with your shield and one handed weapon like a typical warrior. I recommend an axe with your shield so it is possible to still deliver damage with bleed damage when behind your shield. I personally like Bleed Damage and it does considerable damage if you give it time (the full six seconds) to let it work with 3/3 Hack and Slash. I'm pretty certain it does a total of 108 damage over the six seconds active. With your shield feel free to bash your opponent often. Shield Charge is also useful (I use it), but it’s optional.

When the situation calls for ranged attack, use your Destruction magic. This build is not exactly a battle mage build due to the fact that you dual cast Destruction. I advise using Shock spells for your destruction and use Augmented Shock 2/2, if you have a large enough magika pool or you have made your custom armor with 100% Destruction cost reduction. Shock spells take more magika than the other types. However, they hit instantly (can actually hit a dragon in flight) and very few foes are immune to or resist shock. Also remember that if you’re struggling in a fight you have the option to conjure additional allies.

For the stats I put 250 points into magika, 350 into stamina, and the rest into health. 250 magika will be enough if you have cost reduction for Destruction. You should only have to use magika for Conjuration and Restoration. Put 350 points or more into stamina because you will be wearing Heavy Armor and using Power Bash and possibly Shield Charge. I find you use more stamina for shield bashing than from power attacks.

Restrictions: There is none that I know of, as long as you go by the perk tree. You are obviously restricted to only using One Handed weapons and Heavy Armor (with this specific build). Magic will be your ranged attack (so no bow/crossbow).

Other: This is my character's perk tree now. The one point in archery and speech were mistakes. Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

This is the final result at level 81. Again archery and speech are mistakes and are not meant to be in this build. There are really 79 perks (and less if you have Destruction reduction before you take Apprentice and Adept Destruction) Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts