• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
Dunmer Male
Skills: Light Armor, One-Handed, Archery, Block, Conjuration, Illusion

This guy is a modified version of the Warrior Archetype in the Skyrim Collector's Guide Book. The Light Armor is obviously for protection as well as the use of a Shield. As a mystic warrior, he prefers to fight with a Bound Bow or a Bound Sword. In any case that he has empty soul gems on him, there's always that Soul Trap spell to fill them up. This is useful when he feels the urge to enchant any highly valuable item he picks up during any journey he embarks. Also, he may consider using it to recharge one of his more powerful maces. In any situation that may endanger him, he uses Illusion spells to his advantage, whether it be calming an adversary, infuriating a bandit, or sneaking into a fort filled with enemy troops.

I chose Dunmer simply because it's my favorite race to play as.

XJaeX

Ghost
my assassin/thief/rouge build: http://skyrimcalculator.com/#89812

64 perks needed. That means 'technically' id still have 17 perks left to play with if i wanted to max out the character. What should i invest in for plopss and giggles? i was considering destruction - lightening. Or even just the first part of heavy armour 'juggernaut' in case i feel like rocking some daedric armour on weekends and skyrim public holidays.

you don't seem to have many, if any thief perks, you should invest in pickpocket, lockpick, maybe alchemy for poisons. Speech probably isnt as important, for the stolen goods part, because you will most likely be in the thieves guild. I would definetely invest in critical chance, it does seem like much but it makes a world of difference if your found out, or for general sneak damage on higher level enemies. If you are using blades, most likely daggers, right? I would suggest get bladesman for the extra 15 % critical chance, plus you are swinging two so it would make the chances better in the long run, also get critical chance for the bow, some enemies you cant kill with one shot, unless you enchanted some great gear, but this will be most useful when they have found you, you can get the quick shot off then pull out your daggers, or swords, whatever you are using. I said poisons too, because they might not always kill the target, but their are variations that will slow, or stop the regeneration of their magicka or stamina, that means those spells that are wrecking you stop happening, and no more power attacks for them. Not many assassins are actually seen, but it helps to be prepared for it just in case. Primary reason i would say go pickpocket is for the carry weight buff, i would also suggest steed stone, if you are stealing alot of stuff, you will need the space, plus the cut purse is great. Last but not least, lockpicking is the most important skill in the game, it may not seem like it, but everything is locked, everything good that is, plus the most important perk, for me at least, is under adept locks, you will find better treasure, more often, and more gold, thats always great for thief classes. Also, for the nightingales, hold on to the skeleton key for a bit. DONT FORGET TO TRAIN! Most of the thieves guild members are trainers, use them, some will go to 70's, others 90's , that only leaves you with max 30 levels to master, all the good you collect can be used, most of the time you can pickpocket it right back, level, then come back, the price goes up by 10 everytime so use different trainers, for example, train sneak, then lockpick, then pickpocket, light armor, sneak, lockpick, so on... or if you leveled but havnt trained yet and have a large amount of gold, train 5 times, level yourself up, then train 5 times again, you have to resist going into your skills menu to do this though. Im pretty sure you know have this stuff, but cover the basics of what your build will need, then you can move on to fun stuff, it takes a while to level most skills up, so feel free to put points in the trees you need them to get your build started, then enjoy it in the end.

*edit* epic spelling errors, my bad :sadface:

My favorite build at the moment is a Dunmer barbarian
His skills are two handed, heavy armor, smithing, and restoration
equipment
Ebony armor, gauntlets,boots and Otar dragon priest mask Beast Greatsword (ebony with fire enchant)
he has a whopping 105% fire resistance
He kills stormcloaks and imperials and citizens and bandits indescrimently This Guy is a beast.

XJaeX

Ghost
My favorite build at the moment is a Dunmer barbarian
His skills are two handed, heavy armor, smithing, and restoration
equipment
Ebony armor, gauntlets,boots and Otar dragon priest mask Beast Greatsword (ebony with fire enchant)
he has a whopping 105% fire resistance
He kills stormcloaks and imperials and citizens and bandits indescrimently This Guy is a beast.
I think the magic cap is 85%, which blows, but it goes to show that you can do anything with any race, i have a high elf warrior, 2 handed with heavy armor, all daedric.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
I think the magic cap is 85%, which blows, but it goes to show that you can do anything with any race, i have a high elf warrior, 2 handed with heavy armor, all daedric.
I have to disagree that 85% magic resistance blows. Reaching the cap will treat any spell as if a tiny mudcrab were attacking you. If anything, it's the best way to mock a master Electromancer or Pyromancer for that matter.

Su8tle

The Shadow of Elsweyr
you don't seem to have many, if any thief perks, you should invest in pickpocket, lockpick, maybe alchemy for poisons. Speech probably isnt as important, for the stolen goods part, because you will most likely be in the thieves guild. I would definetely invest in critical chance, it does seem like much but it makes a world of difference if your found out, or for general sneak damage on higher level enemies. If you are using blades, most likely daggers, right? I would suggest get bladesman for the extra 15 % critical chance, plus you are swinging two so it would make the chances better in the long run, also get critical chance for the bow, some enemies you cant kill with one shot, unless you enchanted some great gear, but this will be most useful when they have found you, you can get the quick shot off then pull out your daggers, or swords, whatever you are using. I said poisons too, because they might not always kill the target, but their are variations that will slow, or stop the regeneration of their magicka or stamina, that means those spells that are wrecking you stop happening, and no more power attacks for them. Not many assassins are actually seen, but it helps to be prepared for it just in case. Primary reason i would say go pickpocket is for the carry weight buff, i would also suggest steed stone, if you are stealing alot of stuff, you will need the space, plus the cut purse is great. Last but not least, lockpicking is the most important skill in the game, it may not seem like it, but everything is locked, everything good that is, plus the most important perk, for me at least, is under adept locks, you will find better treasure, more often, and more gold, thats always great for thief classes. Also, for the nightingales, hold on to the skeleton key for a bit. DONT FORGET TO TRAIN! Most of the thieves guild members are trainers, use them, some will go to 70's, others 90's , that only leaves you with max 30 levels to master, all the good you collect can be used, most of the time you can pickpocket it right back, level, then come back, the price goes up by 10 everytime so use different trainers, for example, train sneak, then lockpick, then pickpocket, light armor, sneak, lockpick, so on... or if you leveled but havnt trained yet and have a large amount of gold, train 5 times, level yourself up, then train 5 times again, you have to resist going into your skills menu to do this though. Im pretty sure you know have this stuff, but cover the basics of what your build will need, then you can move on to fun stuff, it takes a while to level most skills up, so feel free to put points in the trees you need them to get your build started, then enjoy it in the end.

*edit* epic spelling errors, my bad :sadface:

I dont see the need to spent 1 perk on lockpick, even at level 20-30 you can pick master locks easy using the in game mechanic. And as for pickpocket... i just rarely use it. Speech levels up quick just from the amount of stolen and looted goods i sell. I prefer to use perks in combat, the thieving side of perks (lockpick/pickpocket/speech) seem to take care of themselves as you progress.

Bryceybryce

khajiit for the tail, sneaking because that was just what I gravitated towards, pretty equal between archery and dualwield dagger assassinations, but when plops hits the fan and daggers just aren't going to get me out of there before dying (I use lightarmor with no lightarmor skills) i switch to dual wielding glass swords, one being Chillrend and the other being a fire enchanted one. I gravitate towards assassinations and I thieve alot, only bring out the swords when my follower runs into a fort and brings 20 guys out on top of me or if i want to finish off a dragon quickly

Kuurus

I have to disagree that 85% magic resistance blows. Reaching the cap will treat any spell as if a tiny mudcrab were attacking you. If anything, it's the best way to mock a master Electromancer or Pyromancer for that matter.
You are correct, it does not blow. Especially since your elemental resists (fire/frost/shock) are applied AFTER your magic resistance. You can get it down to taking 3% of incoming spell damage taken with both capped at 85%.

Let's say a spell is cast at you for 100 fire dmg. Your magic resist blocks 85 of it, leaving 15 damage getting through. Now your 85% fire resist is applied to that, blocking 12 of the 15, leaving 3 damage taken.

My Redguard isn't even capped - 69% magic resistance and 80% elemental resistances. 93.8% of incoming spell damage is negated.

Epsilon

Shaun
Im torn on what race to play next, my current character which i still got a ways to go with is a Breton. I love the races in this game, ive always made Orcs in all types of MMOs/RPGs just something about a big badass green hulk like dude swinging a two handed weapon around. Their never my mains but i just love making Barbarian type classes with them.

khajiit are cool but the fact my best friend has one as his main i like to be different from him. We help each other but yet competitive (still wish you could link up on psn, xbox live or pc and duel/co-op with others, maybe down the road i hope one day)

Then again a Argonian seems satisfying, playing with a lizard dude is fun my main in Oblivion was Argonian(not sure if im spelling that right lol) but just not sure what type of class i would make him, maybe a type of rogue that dual wields daggers with just a little sneaking, i think it would be fun and maybe challenging not really sure.

Any suggestions on that would be cool, i tend to play 2 characters at a time but i only have one right now looking to make another in a week or so. So any different ideas for an Orc or Argonian that would fit in with their racials. I just like to limit myself to play a class that actually fits the race.

After my strict classes im sure ill be making a GOD character but that will be way down the road.

I like taking suggestions from other experience gamers and putting my own little personal twist in it, i dont like copying other peeps classes i try to be original i just love insight from you guys

XJaeX

Ghost

I meant is blows in the way that you can go past, having 100% would mean no spells could harm you, at 85% lightning would still rip you apart. My breton i was going to make will start with 25%, i will get lord stone (50%) and my shield blows out 50%. So techniqually my build will not be at full capacity, that, to me, blows. 125% > 85% but someone in skyrim 85%>125% ...

XJaeX

Ghost
I dont see the need to spent 1 perk on lockpick, even at level 20-30 you can pick master locks easy using the in game mechanic. And as for pickpocket... i just rarely use it. Speech levels up quick just from the amount of stolen and looted goods i sell. I prefer to use perks in combat, the thieving side of perks (lockpick/pickpocket/speech) seem to take care of themselves as you progress.
Alright then, i would use illusion, for quiet casting, spells like invisibility and muffle, plus if someone see's you, or they are coming near you, you can calm them, they will turn around and walk away, you can assassinate, you can also calm a crown and murder someone right in front of them, and they wont care. (not sure if they still dont care after calm wears off ) destruction is always great, make the potions that make them weaker to your chosen damage type, for the extra boost. Heavy armor is awesome, if you are found, just switch it out quickly, to enchanted heavy armor, built for combat, you'll be fine, you can also sneak around in heavy armor, all you need is muffle on boots, and 50% noise reduction in sneak. Your still louder than light armor, clothes are the best, but you can still sneak around.

Kuurus

I meant is blows in the way that you can go past, having 100% would mean no spells could harm you, at 85% lightning would still rip you apart. My breton i was going to make will start with 25%, i will get lord stone (50%) and my shield blows out 50%. So techniqually my build will not be at full capacity, that, to me, blows. 125% > 85% but someone in skyrim 85%>125% ...
Read my post above. The magic resist from being a Breton or activating the Lord Stone is not the same as the elemental resistances from the shield perk. They are 2 different things. In your example you would not have 125% magic resistance. You would have 75% magic resistance and 50% elemental resistance when blocking with your shield. You would end up negating 87.5% of spell damage.

RagingRedguard

MAXIMUM Redguard
My favorite build is my redguard MW(Mixed Warrior)
Main skills: One handed (i'm a Dual Wielder)
Heavy Armor
Archery
Sneak
Usefull non combat Skill: Smithing Enchanting Lockpicking

XJaeX

Ghost
Im torn on what race to play next, my current character which i still got a ways to go with is a Breton. I love the races in this game, ive always made Orcs in all types of MMOs/RPGs just something about a big badass green hulk like dude swinging a two handed weapon around. Their never my mains but i just love making Barbarian type classes with them.

khajiit are cool but the fact my best friend has one as his main i like to be different from him. We help each other but yet competitive (still wish you could link up on psn, xbox live or pc and duel/co-op with others, maybe down the road i hope one day)

Then again a Argonian seems satisfying, playing with a lizard dude is fun my main in Oblivion was Argonian(not sure if im spelling that right lol) but just not sure what type of class i would make him, maybe a type of rogue that dual wields daggers with just a little sneaking, i think it would be fun and maybe challenging not really sure.

Any suggestions on that would be cool, i tend to play 2 characters at a time but i only have one right now looking to make another in a week or so. So any different ideas for an Orc or Argonian that would fit in with their racials. I just like to limit myself to play a class that actually fits the race.

After my strict classes im sure ill be making a GOD character but that will be way down the road.

I like taking suggestions from other experience gamers and putting my own little personal twist in it, i dont like copying other peeps classes i try to be original i just love insight from you guys

Orc assassin is the only class i went to 81 on, its super OP, you can sneak around, even with heavy armor, if they find you, or your stuck fighting a group, pop that berserk, you know the story from there. Dual wielding daggers, swords if in a fight, most of the time i have sword in right, dagger in left.

The dark elf is rediculous if you build him as a spell sword, either sword and spell, or bound sword and spell, even dual wield bound swords. Fireball in one hand, dagger in the other, use illusion quiet casting, they will never know where you are. Or even invisibility and dagger, probably the best set up in the game.

If you want a 2 handed, nords are pretty great, they use big heavy weapons, or sword and shield, and they wear light armor for mobility. They are supposed to be the master race in the game, its their home, the fight is between them and imperials, they are trying to rule their land. Also, you can make nords look normal, or badass, or for females, beautiful. My top character, is a nord female, named ViXeN , she wears nightingale armor, she assassinates anyone, and destroys anyone stupid enough to fight her head on. Lvl 65.

My current character, lvl 40's , is a high elf warrior, its not his given role, but he is max weight, so he is built like a horse, he is taller than everyone in the game, other than other high elves, he swings a 2 handed weapon and wears heavy armor. My restoration regenerates health and stamina, i use conjuration and a follower so i am never alone. I use Mjoll, 2 fire atronachs, i will be using dremoras when i find them.

If you want 2 hander, use big heavy hammers, they are slower, but stronger, plus the upgrades make it so armor isnt a factor, plus upgrade your power attack to stagger, they will have no chance. Nothing makes your day better than smacking someone in the face with a war hammer, war hammers are epic, it sucks that the companions don't let you make one when you join them. If you don't like the hammer, war axe is the way to go, cutting power of a greatsword, blunt force of the warhammer. All the greatest warriors in skyrim used waraxes (2H).

You could always just use a long sword, wear blades armor, and be a bad ass samurai, or use a long sword and wear nightingale to be a ninja. Best long swords are katana's, you can find your first in delphines secret room, its on the wall, called blade sword.

Reply for more.

XJaeX

Ghost
Read my post above. The magic resist from being a Breton or activating the Lord Stone is not the same as the elemental resistances from the shield perk. They are 2 different things. In your example you would not have 125% magic resistance. You would have 75% magic resistance and 50% elemental resistance when blocking with your shield. You would end up negating 87.5% of spell damage.

Alright, sounds good, is there a way to have 85% magic resistance, and 85% elemental resistance?

Kuurus

Alright, sounds good, is there a way to have 85% magic resistance, and 85% elemental resistance?
I am not sure of the combination that would do it but off the top of my head this is pretty close without much waste:

A breton with shield, ring and neck all with +23% magic resist would give you 94% (a little bit of waste, but nothing game altering). Additionally, if you disenchant the Shield of Solitide, it has a stronger magnitude of magic resistance which will allow you to enchant items up to 29% instead of 23%.

If you equip him with the Otar mask (+30 elemental resists) and take the elemental protection perk (+50), that would give you 80%.

Your damage taken from spells would be 3% when blocking, or 10.5% when not blocking. (The absolute minimum taken is 2.25% if you get both magic and elemental resists to 85%.)

Epsilon

Shaun
Orc assassin is the only class i went to 81 on, its super OP, you can sneak around, even with heavy armor, if they find you, or your stuck fighting a group, pop that berserk, you know the story from there. Dual wielding daggers, swords if in a fight, most of the time i have sword in right, dagger in left.

The dark elf is rediculous if you build him as a spell sword, either sword and spell, or bound sword and spell, even dual wield bound swords. Fireball in one hand, dagger in the other, use illusion quiet casting, they will never know where you are. Or even invisibility and dagger, probably the best set up in the game.

If you want a 2 handed, nords are pretty great, they use big heavy weapons, or sword and shield, and they wear light armor for mobility. They are supposed to be the master race in the game, its their home, the fight is between them and imperials, they are trying to rule their land. Also, you can make nords look normal, or badass, or for females, beautiful. My top character, is a nord female, named ViXeN , she wears nightingale armor, she assassinates anyone, and destroys anyone stupid enough to fight her head on. Lvl 65.

My current character, lvl 40's , is a high elf warrior, its not his given role, but he is max weight, so he is built like a horse, he is taller than everyone in the game, other than other high elves, he swings a 2 handed weapon and wears heavy armor. My restoration regenerates health and stamina, i use conjuration and a follower so i am never alone. I use Mjoll, 2 fire atronachs, i will be using dremoras when i find them.

If you want 2 hander, use big heavy hammers, they are slower, but stronger, plus the upgrades make it so armor isnt a factor, plus upgrade your power attack to stagger, they will have no chance. Nothing makes your day better than smacking someone in the face with a war hammer, war hammers are epic, it sucks that the companions don't let you make one when you join them. If you don't like the hammer, war axe is the way to go, cutting power of a greatsword, blunt force of the warhammer. All the greatest warriors in skyrim used waraxes (2H).

You could always just use a long sword, wear blades armor, and be a bad ass samurai, or use a long sword and wear nightingale to be a ninja. Best long swords are katana's, you can find your first in delphines secret room, its on the wall, called blade sword.

Reply for more.

Thanks for all that input i like the ideas, my current paladin is doing the whole companion thing so ill want to join something different anyhow. I also like the ninja idea, i think an argonian ninja would be fun just because of the appearance lol. Im gonna get my paladin to 50 before i start a new one but i like the input i appreciate it. Im gonna use a good bit of what you mentioned with my own twists and still get some others input as well, i really want an argonian for some reason lol. Once again thanks bro!!

Anyone one else thats anymore ideas about a orc class and and argonian class, please chime in :)

XJaeX

Ghost
I am not sure of the combination that would do it but off the top of my head this is pretty close without much waste:

A breton with shield, ring and neck all with +23% magic resist would give you 94% (a little bit of waste, but nothing game altering). Additionally, if you disenchant the Shield of Solitide, it has a stronger magnitude of magic resistance which will allow you to enchant items up to 29% instead of 23%.

If you equip him with the Otar mask (+30 elemental resists) and take the elemental protection perk (+50), that would give you 80%.

Your damage taken from spells would be 3% when blocking, or 10.5% when not blocking. (The absolute minimum taken is 2.25% if you get both magic and elemental resists to 85%.)

thats great man, thanks :)

XJaeX

Ghost
Thanks for all that input i like the ideas, my current paladin is doing the whole companion thing so ill want to join something different anyhow. I also like the ninja idea, i think an argonian ninja would be fun just because of the appearance lol. Im gonna get my paladin to 50 before i start a new one but i like the input i appreciate it. Im gonna use a good bit of what you mentioned with my own twists and still get some others input as well, i really want an argonian for some reason lol. Once again thanks bro!!

Anyone one else thats anymore ideas about a orc class and and argonian class, please chime in :)

Argonian is the thief class, utilize their natural restoration and alteration talents in your off hand, you will be epic. Alteration for armor buffs, restoration for regenerate health and stamina. Plus that histskin is extremely helpful.

Jzizzle

Now that's a Knife!
My character "Hammer" is a Nord Two Hander, Heavy Armour who Conjures Atronachs to aid in his quest to whallop enemies. The conjured serve as a distraction to the enemy giving Hammer the time to wind up and swing for the fences.