Xbox 360 Civil War Quest -- Foul Up!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OutKast

I came across a major foul up in the Civil Quest for the Stormcloaks, and I'm hoping that someone could clarify.

(**Note, before I get flamed for not searching the threads, I did but couldn't find the answer).

I completed the Companion quest line and befriended Aela. I accepted her as my steward of Lakeview Manor (Falkreath). She was a good steward...fetched some materials, trained me in archery (and I took my gold back), and let me look at her side-boobage without batting an eye. HOWEVER....

I sided with Ulfric and seiged Whiterun. Immediately after Whiterun fell, I returned to Windhelm to tell Ulfric the good news. I was met by a courier who informed me that Aela was dead and he gave me a measly 300 gold inheritance. WTH?!

Did she somehow "die" because the Stormcloaks took over Whiterun? Are all the Companions dead? I'm tempted to Load a previous save and never completing the Civil War quests if this is the result -- different guilds cease to exist....

Is this how it works, or was this an anomoly?

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
That's why we fight for Justice. ALL HAIL THE IMPERIALS! :p

Did you go check home and see if she is really dead?

OutKast

Yeah, I went back to Lakeview Manor and she's gone. I went to Jorrvaskor and all the Companions are MIA. This is my first playthru where I actually did the Civil War questline, for either side. Never fooled with it before. I'm worried that entire guilds get wiped out regardless of whichever side you pick. Kinda sucks if that's the case.

Wildroses

I have no idea what your Aela is dead, but rest assured it had nothing to do with the Civil War questline. Guilds aren't effected. The only person I know of who will actually die instead of be exiled if the holds change hands in the Civil War is Ondolemar in Markarth, but who cares about the Thalmor? Apart from the Thalmor, of course.

OutKast

damn...so I guess that means she died defending my stead. Well, I guess that's okay then. I'll just grab Varkas or Aethis to be my steward. I'll still miss my Aela though...no one can rock the fur like her.

On a different note along the Civil War quests, after it's all said and done, do I get awarded homes in the holds or do I still have to buy them?

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
You still have to buy them.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts