Ciao... Sorry to have offended...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Agreed. As I've said. I have a real life with all it's harshness and cruelness. While I love my time on the forum, it si only for fun. When it starts to not be fun then I'll just go back to my real life.

Every last person that told me to just go to the wiki and stop asking questions is absolutely right. I shall do so.

Thanks for the fun while it lasted. After all, it is just a forum.

What's the fun of wikipedia? I like talking about Skyrim with other people instead of googling my information. That is why I joined this forum. :p I understand your point though. I try it sometimes; searching for information on wikipedia. But since websites like wikipedia use quite difficult English I don't understand many of their pages. I also miss the social interaction with you guys :)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
That's the thing about Dagmar, her delivery can be belligerent, but quite honestly, she knows the Lore batter than anyone I've talked to online 9Including some who work for Bethesda.) So, if you can get past the Charming personality, you can learn a lot. Take your lumps, and use her for what she's good for, the information.

She's easy to get along with, I'm only joking about the whole thing with Dagmar. I don't want to come off too serious, I know it can be hard to tell serious from not serious online. I have the bad habit of reading it in my head and telling the difference. :p I hope not many people take me too seriously, because I would have offended so many LOL. I'm rather crude and outspoken, it's the curse of being Australian, we insult as a friendly gesture. You aren't on good terms in Australia if you don't insult each other. It's when we're polite and kind you should worry, means we're pissed or we plan to murder you later. :p

Docta Corvina

That's the thing about Dagmar, her delivery can be belligerent, but quite honestly, she knows the Lore batter than anyone I've talked to online 9Including some who work for Bethesda.) So, if you can get past the Charming personality, you can learn a lot. Take your lumps, and use her for what she's good for, the information.

Really, again, it's all good incentive for people to follow the informational threads offered. It surprises me sometimes that more people don't confront the lore in similar ways, because it is so fascinating and can be so integral to not only thread arguments but also creative works. I know I myself have had to get comfy with the lore for my ongoing fanfiction. But I've enjoyed doing so.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Who is this Dagmar fool that everyone is crying about, and fearing of?

(looks around to make sure she didn't hear that....:D)

JClarke1953

While I have greatly enjoyed my time on the forums, apparently, asking questions about game and technique is frowned upon.

My apologies if I have offended any of you with my questions and for not referring to the wiki for every question.

While I may remain logged in, so as not to offend anyone, I will no longer comment, start strings or enter in to conversations unless contacted directly.
Thank you for a wonderful month or so.

I don't know why he was told to go to wiki. For one thing, Bethesda has a habit of getting in them, and re-doing the information in them (I know this firsthand). I go to wiki on occasion, but I'd rather get what info or help I need on these Forum's. All of you were especially great to me when I got lost in Blackreach when I discovered I had left the Elder Scroll in the machine, and had to return for it.

Plus, coming to these Forum's is a great place to know a lot of you, and I enjoy putting in what feeble knowledge I've acquired while playing Skyrim. And reading these Forum's is a huge help, not only because of the answer's and/or question's, because of the lore knowledge many of you have.

I know my rating isn't perfect, that's mainly because someone got peeved at me for something and rated me a "ranter" lol.

JClarke1953

The biggest peeve that should be addressed is the lack of answer's to question's that many ask about. There are many new Skyrim player's beginning to hit these Forum's with many old (old to many of us) question's answered long ago.

So I believe patience is needed from all of us who read those question's, many being the same one's "we" asked months ago.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Thanks for the supportive words all. I guess I was being overly sensitive to the messages of a few. As I go through a difficult life transition myself right now, I do enjoy my time here discussing ideas, methods and receiving advice on what can arguably be called THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD!

I'm back, but I will keep my questions to a minimum and only ask when I can't find the answer elsewhere.

:)

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Thanks for the supportive words all. I guess I was being overly sensitive to the messages of a few. As I go through a difficult life transition myself right now, I do enjoy my time here discussing ideas, methods and receiving advice on what can arguably be called THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD!

I'm back, but I will keep my questions to a minimum and only ask when I can't find the answer elsewhere.

Good, I would hate to read another lame question......... :p

Docta Corvina

Yeah, at the end of the day, almost all of us are here because of love and interest in the game/series. Erm, that's how we all initially got here anyway. Some just stay now for the purely social aspect. But! I'm rambling. :p

This is definitely one of the friendliest communities I've been part of, and I think that you'll truly enjoy your stay. The good vastly outweighs the not so good here. :)

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
The biggest peeve that should be addressed is the lack of answer's to question's that many ask about. There are many new Skyrim player's beginning to hit these Forum's with many old (old to many of us) question's answered long ago.

So I believe patience is needed from all of us who read those question's, many being the same one's "we" asked months ago.

This, as well as be cool if someone ressurects an Old Thread. There aren't really any peeps around anymore that get angry at that, but it still needs noticed.

Just because ones person is done discussing a subject doesn't mean the newer person is.

Raijin

A Mage that loves a Templar
You suck up to Ulfric. Your great hero spends everyday with another man who is dressed like a bear.

Just like you suck up to General Shrimpy and Emperor Tit Mede II. I guess were even. Ulfric gets more action from women then your General. Why do you think theirs more women soldiers in the Stormcloak than their are in the Imperials?

HELL YEAH.. RIGHT ON! Who's afraid of the Big Bad Dagmar!!!.

...um, just don't tell her I said that ok? :oops:

Hell not I! A true Nord isn't afraid of Dagmar! Only the Imperials are :) They give up so easily :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, in my ideal world, new people would use the search feature. Veterans would respond helpfully, cordially and with patience to questions (even ones asked for the thousandth time). And everyone would remember in the end, this is just a gaming forum, not anything that defines your personhood or upon which your life depends.

And I really don't mind the necrothread thing when it concerns game info. It's easier on the search results when you don't have 3000 threads pop up that answer the same basic question or some permutation of it. If one big thread pops up, people can read that or search within the thread for their specific situation.

Still, I think for the amount of posts and users we have, we've got a good thing going.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Good, I would hate to read another lame question......... :p
You may have to keep on hoping for that though. I've been on the forum long enough to know that there will always be questions, lame or not.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts