• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Oxxul

Name: Oxxul
    Race: Khajiit
    Class: Elite Assasin
    Looks: Dark Skin, Size: 1 m 83 cm, dark eyes, scar on the nose, a black beard, well I thinks that is it.
    Personality: Patient, like to kill the victims in dark places.
    Combat prefers: 2 daggers ( Going to make a tutorial how to take 2 blades of woe)
    Misc: Has born in Cyndril, His dad was a merchant, they come to Skyrim, to take more gold, but then his father got assassinated by a group of bandits, when he get the age, he killed all the bandits, making they suffer, for not killing him too

Arwen

It's in my sig

CUBANxDANTE

Name: Lucien Piquine
    Race: Breton
    Class: Vampire/Abomination hunter
    Looks: Black hair, pic not available 'cause I'm not at home.
    Personality: Solitary, rarely talks to strangers unless to ask for information. Think of the Dhampir D if you have seen the movie.
    History: He's the son of Movarth Piquine. Movarth being turned by a master vampire had a child with a priestess and then fled Cyrodil and headed to Skyrim. so Lucien is a halfling (full vampire 'cause there's no half in Skyrim). After Lucien grew up he became a hunter, and tracked down Movarth to his hideout near Morthal. He killed his father, and now goes around Skyrim to rid the land of other vampires and undead of all forms.

Character name: Belwas the Bull
    Race: Redguard
    Class: Greatsword master
    Looks: Dreadlocks, medium-long hair, deep green eyes, very muscular
    Personality: Not the smartest, but he is always trying to be as good as he can.
    Combat Prefs: Belwas usually charges into battle using an Orcish greatsword. In his spare time, he practices restoration maguc, which you would not expect. He wears plain steel armor, with Orcish boots and greaves.
    Misc: likes to catch butterflies.

Caliburn

Name: Alchun-Zam
    Race: Nord
    Class: Techno-savant (see bio)
    Patron: Zenithar
    Appearance: Short, stocky build (but clearly aged); gaunt, weathered Nordic facial features; short white hair; handlebar moustache; pale eyes and a hook nose perpetually covered in soot. Typically seen wearing his custom-forged Dwarven armour which occasionally discharges small amounts of electricity and steam ("completely harmless").

Bio/Personality: Alchun-Zam is obsessed with all things Dwemer, even going so far as to give himself a Dwarven name (no one knows his real name). Something of an eccentric, he believes himself to be of Dwemer descent, and seems ashamed of his "perceived" Nordic traits. Alchun-Zam's life's work has been the study and exploration of Dwemer ruins, and his great pride comes from being able to reverse-engineer Dwemer technology in the form of his "battlesuit", which is specially designed to assist his aging body in all manner of strenuous dungeoneering activities, not the least of which being combat. Unfortunately his battlesuit will "occasionally" malfunction in the middle of a fight, something Alcun-Zam considers to be a personal failure, and one of the reasons why he rarely ventures without an assistant.

Other than Smithing and Enchanting, most of Alchun-Zam's skill and perk choices (and his Stone) reflect the capabilities of his armour rather than his natural abilities:
    - Steed Stone
    - Heavy Armour (particularly Fists of Steel and Cushioned)
    - Alteration (All perks except for Mage Armour. He is not satisfied being merely resistant to damage.)
    - Block (carries a Dwarven shield with an in-built ward, similar to Spellbreaker)

Gear includes:
    - Pneumatic Gauntlets of Punching
    - Gyrostabilized Boots (carrying capacity)
    - Centurion Plate
    - Helm of Deep Delving (not the same as Oblivion counterpart but I like the name)
    - Dungeoneer's Band (ring)
    - Spellbreaker (stands in for a custom shield designed by Alchun-Zam to be almost identical)
    - Staff of Lightning Bolt
    - Stun Baton (a one-handed Dwarven mace with shock and paralysis enchantments, though Alchun-Zam has little skill with melee weapons)

iTRY

"No lollygagging!"
    Name: Alchun-Zam
    Class: Techno-savant (see bio)
    Patron: Zenithar
    Appearance: Short, stocky build (but clearly aged); gaunt, weathered Nordic facial features; short white hair; handlebar moustache; pale eyes and a hook nose perpetually covered in soot. Typically seen wearing his custom-forged Dwarven armour which occasionally discharges small amounts of electricity and steam ("completely harmless").

Bio/Personality: Alchun-Zam is obsessed with all things Dwemer, even going so far as to give himself a Dwarven name (no one knows his real name). Something of an eccentric, he believes himself to be of Dwemer descent, and seems ashamed of his "perceived" Nordic traits. Alchun-Zam's life's work has been the study and exploration of Dwemer ruins, and his great pride comes from being able to reverse-engineer Dwemer technology in the form of his "battlesuit", which is specially designed to assist his aging body in all manner of strenuous dungeoneering activities, not the least of which being combat. Unfortunately his battlesuit will "occasionally" malfunction in the middle of a fight, something Alcun-Zam considers to be a personal failure, and one of the reasons why he rarely ventures without an assistant.

Other than Smithing and Enchanting, most of Alchun-Zam's skill and perk choices (and his Stone) reflect the capabilities of his armour rather than his natural abilities:
    - Steed Stone
    - Heavy Armour (particularly Fists of Steel and Cushioned)
    - Alteration (All perks except for Mage Armour. He is not satisfied being merely resistant to damage.)
    - Block (carries a Dwarven shield with an in-built ward, similar to Spellbreaker)

Gear includes:
    - Pneumatic Gauntlets of Punching
    - Gyrostabilized Boots (carrying capacity)
    - Centurion Plate
    - Helm of Deep Delving (not the same as Oblivion counterpart but I like the name)
    - Dungeoneer's Band (ring)
    - Spellbreaker (stands in for a custom shield designed by Alchun-Zam to be almost identical)
    - Staff of Lightning Bolt
    - Stun Baton (a one-handed Dwarven mace with shock and paralysis enchantments, though Alchun-Zam has little skill with melee weapons)

Feel free to join us in The Bannered Mare freeform roleplaying community listed in the forums. CHECK IT OUT! :)

The_Madgod

LordLlamahat
    Name: M'Ratka

Race: Khajiit Werewolf

Class: Archer Assassin

Skills: Archery, some magic, thievery, sneaking, speech and one-handed.

Looks: White fur with black stripe, tiger-like head and muscular upper body with especially long claws.

Weapons: Blade of Woe, daedric bow, 60 daedric arrows and claws.

Bio: Brought up as an underground slave in Morrowind. He escaped as the slave traders were caught by imperials. Made his way to Skyrim and survived as an Assassin for hire and a pickpocket.

Personality: Very intelligent and secretive, hatred of Dark Elves and friend of Argonians and other Khajiit. does not let emotion get in the way of his mission.

Apparel: Daedric gauntlets looted from an unconsious dremora, Thieves Guild armor, Black Hand boots and cowl lifted off of a dead assassin, amulet of Dibella, lifted off of one of her priestesses, and Hircine's Ring, given to him as pay for a job from one of his followers.

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    Name: Torbjorn Ironfist
    Class: Warrior
    Combat Prefs: Sword and shield, however versed in 2h combat

Appearance: Stout and hardy. Bald with animal scratches down the right side of his face and a blind left eye. Red war paint on the left eye to emphasize his trophy. A terrible complexion, as is common to nords, and a full but medium length beard.
    (A close up of his face can be seen on my avatar picture)
    Usually appears in plain iron armour with boots and gauntlets to match. He wears no helmet accept when in battle, and he carries it around slung on his belt along with a canteen of warm mead.

Personality: Likes to keep out of things when he can, but if something concerns him he'll step up. The locals know he shares little love for the empire since the White Gold Concordat, but he keeps this mostly to himself and his closest friends.

Misc: Lives as a bounty hunter is a small shack in Whiterun hold, and often comes into Whiterun when he isn't tracking deer or murderers. When he enters a tavern people welcome him as he is a kind soul who often engages in friendly conversation with others.

Google

Name: Shadow-Tail

Race: Argonian

Class: Spellsword

History: Former member of the Dark Rangers. A group the followed Nocturnal, but instead of becoming thieves, they became monster hunters and crime fighters.

Personality: Used to go by an honor code. Now he is but a mercenary looking for coin and bloodshed to satisfy his lost spirit. Has somewhat of an aggressive nature, but normally keeps to himself. Has a very good memory, and is not one to forgive traitors, cowards, or betrayers.

Skills and Powers: Shadow-Tail is a Master in the use of Blades, and is an Expert in Illusion Spells, Destruction Spells, and Hand-to-Hand Combat. Has the Histskin healing ability which comes naturally to all Argonian. Has some knowledge and skill at Restoration magic, but he hasn't used them for a long time. He is a master tactician and is very skillful on the battlefield.

Weakness: Has a wound in his right arm from an old poisoned arrow. The arrow was removed, but the wound can not be healed, and the poison still lingers in his veins. The poison that lingers within him can cause various effects, such as sudden pain, change in behavior, and visions of the past.

In the Rise of the Falmer Role-Play thread, Shadow-Tail has been transformed into a daedric creature by a unkown force.

Rise Of the Falmer Appearance:
    Argonian.jpeg

LunarLuna

Roaramiir
    Character name: DArk-Marsh-Cat
    Class: Bard Adventurer
    Looks: 6'2", thin(but slightly muscular), grey fur with neck war paints, normal ears and no extra hair
    Personality: shy, headstrong, keeps to himself but will fight to defend the friends he has.
    Combat Prefs: he has a elven bow (apprentice), a dwarven dagger (adept), and honey'd words (master)
    Misc: His adventure is one of self descovery and to find out aboyt his real parents. (backstory!) he was a kitt about 3 years of age on his way to see his parents (he went to another friend's village). bandits attack the caravan he was on. they killed the driver along with his sister. he managed to escape from the bandits. he ran for a long time. he ran out of Elsweyr scared for his life. he soon found himself in Black Marsh where a family (of 5) found him stuck in a deep marsh. they brought him home and treated him like family. when he became 20, he set off for skyrim. he soon was accepted into the bards colledge. he graduated at 24. for two years he trained in archery and one handed so he will be prepared for the adventure he is facing now.

Alaric

the Conqueror
    Character Name: Alaric the Conqueror
    Class: Barbarian
    Looks: Tall, very Muscular, Long dark hair, Greenish-brown eyes
    Personality: Brave. Honorable. Defends his companions. Hatred for the Thalmor. Never afraid to speak up.
    Combat Prefs: He wields a two-handed skyforge sword (created by himself) that he wields with ease, may use his fists if it comes down to it.
    Misc: Alaric is a Nord. A true son of Skyrim, a barbarian of the far north. One of his grandfathers, however, came from Cyrodill the Empires lands. He was born on a battlefield and is the son of a village blacksmith. Alaric matured quickly as a youth and, by age fifteen, he was already a respected warrior who had participated in the destruction of the bandit hold Fort Haggastrad. After its destruction, he was struck by wanderlust and began the adventures , encountering skulking monsters, evil wizards, tavern wenches, and cutthroat bandits. He roamed through Skyrim as a thief, outlaw, mercenary and pirate. As he grew older, he began escalating his ambitions and fighting as a son of Talos wherever he was summoned. Alaric's adventures often result in him performing heroic feats, though his motivation for doing so is largely for his own survival or for personal gain.
    ---Fits him almost exactly! :)---
    042barbarian06.jpg

Reactions: Lin

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
    Name: Doonkur

Class: Assassin, thief

Skills: Archery, pickpocket, lockpicking, speech, stealth

Physical description: Doonkur is a slim 6'3", 190 pounds. What he lacks in heft, he more than makes up for it in speed. Even after being caught several times while attempting a pick pocket or trying to pick a lock, he always manages to escape. He knows and is very thankful of his renowned Khajiit night vision and claws. The latter has saved his hide numerous times, assisting him in scaling walls that no human could ever hope to scale. The former, as one would imagine, has showed him many ways out of dire situations, whether it's evading guards or victims of his thievery.

Back story: I never knew my parents. Not even a sliver of information on either of them, and Talos knows I've searched high and low for any crumbs of their existence. I don't know if they're still alive or not. My earliest memory is of being a member of Ri'Saad's caravan. I always had the sense of family with them, and the travelling offered many experiences and new sights to see. I had always assumed he and Khayla were my parents. Until the day Khayla and I went for a walk, and she told me the truth. I think I was 10 years old. I don't really remember my age at the time because my world seemed to spiral out of control after hearing the news. What I thought I knew turned out to be false. She said I was more than welcome to stay with the caravan for as long as I wanted, even becoming a life member if I so chose. At 10 years old, I didn't have much choice, but I was still grateful for the offer and I mentioned this to both of them.

As I got older, she started to train me in ways to be stealthy. I had no idea there were so many facets of being sneaky without getting caught. I absorbed everything she taught me. Everything. Every now and then, we would cross paths with the other caravans. Ahkari led one of them, while Ma'dran was the leader of the other. When she felt I was old enough, Khayla began to encourage me to travel with the others, as she felt I still had a lot to learn.

Ahkari himself taught me how to successfully pick someone's pocket without being caught. After all, what's the sense of picking a pocket and not getting away with it? He always said that, which is why I still remember it to this day. Well, that and the fact it made perfect sense. Dro'marash schooled me in the ways of speech. Everyone can speak, but it's how you say something that could turn the tide in your favor. I spent four years with them. Four wonderful years of travelling the Dawnstar to Riften route, learning all I could.

At 21 years old, I joined Ma'dran's caravan, again at the urging of both Ahkari and Dro'marash. "Urging" is probably not the proper word for this situation, as I had no objections for a chance to learn more from the members of Ma'dran's caravan. Picking locks was my next subject to master, and Ma'jhad was my teacher. Four more years passed and looking back, it all seems like a blur.

I eventually rejoined Ri'saad's caravan, staying with them for another year. They were the closest I could ever hope to get for a real family. After all, they provided me with my earliest memories of childhood. I departed amicably, with Khayla constantly reminding me that I was always welcome back. During my time alone on the road, I fulfilled numerous contracts for the Dark Brotherhood as well the Thieves Guild in Riften. This enabled me to put into practice all I had learned from my highly skilled teachers.

Having just turned 30 years old, I feel like a lost, wandering soul. I'd never felt that way with any of the caravans. Ever. The search for my parents, or any clues about them, continues. I sometimes wonder if they'd be proud or scornful of the path my life has taken. Or rather, the path I've chosen.​

Lin

Character name:Lin
    Race:Orc
    Class: Swordsman/Assassain,Theif, Illusionist,Light armour/Arcane Smith
    Looks:5'4 Long ponytail Dark green skin, Wide shoulders
    Personality:Queit,doesnt talk unless talked to, likes to brawl with fist, Pickpocket, Works for Theives Guild
    Combat Prefs: Blades Sword, Daebaric weapons, Blade of Woe,Plant Poisons, Calm Spell, Muffle, and Firebolt
    Misc: Travels around for work from the strongholds of Orcs helps along travels at the remote towns helps when something doesnt seem right doesnt might doing thinks for self gain and helps the Guild when traveling​

FantailedAtuo03

Dragon Slayer
    All in signature except personality.

He kills whoever get in his way and wont think twice about it. Loves two-handed weapons and flamestorm combined with Storm Call. Master at assassinations and brawls often. Not much more. Closed all oblivion gates in IV and killed everyone in the Imperial City, Bruma, and Leyawiin. Kills for purpose and hates guards who gets in his way. Kills guards and hate it when people get in his way when fighting. Causes more time to kill people and time is money.

About 6'1, long hair, muscular, and war paint on left check. Looks kinda like the destructive symbol, 5 o'clock shadow, and his moto is, kill or be killed. Master/Leader/Highest Ranked earned in all but 1 guild/faction (Stormcloak)

TJohnson

Torbjorn
    OOC: I don't want to tell you how to make your character, but it's not about RPing your guy on Skyrim i.e. you don't need to include things like their level or their stone. It's more like you can assume the role of what your character is like but don't actually play as them i.e. don't be the Dragonborn. Plus you can't make God-like characters so being the head of a lot of guilds could be considered Godding.

-Just my advice

jaajdbfd

Character name: Balmor Rabbjorn (Bal-mor Rab-Yorn)
    Race: Khajit
    Class: Thief , One-handed dual weilding , light armor , lockpicking
    Looks: 5'6 Striped grey and black fur , green eyes and a tight lipped mouth. Rather old and feeble , still with a spring in his step. Small patch of fur missing from hip on right leg , covered by armor
    Personality: Silent , not very talkative , may charm people with oily voice
    Combat Prefs: Carries dual Daedric daggers (pickpocketed from strange-hooded man)
    Misc: Likes to take great risks when stealing or planting items , when caught , he has always managed to smooth-talk his way out , be it via thieves guild , or threatening to get the dark brotherhood.

cd1003

Character Name: Alice Azuraven (Az-ur-aven)
    Race: Dunmer
    Class: Thief (Nightingale)
    Skills: Illusion, Lockpick, Pickpocket, Destruction, Sneak, One-Handed, Light Armor, Enchanting, Archery, Volkihar Abilities
    Looks: Platinum Blonde Hair, Scarlet Eyes, 5' 8", Beautiful Face w/ high cheekbones, and is a Vampire.
    Personality: Rebellious, yet respects those who respect her. She is not involved in the Civil War, but if she was would join the Imperials. Follows The Eight Divines. She never gives up and is against the Aldmeri Dominion. She will join Harkon's cause to destroy the sun. She is the Champion of Namira, Azura, and Nocturnal.
    Combat Prefs: Illusion Spells, Frost Spell w/ Nightingale Blade, Nightingale Bow.
    Misc: She arrived in Skyrim from her quest around the world to find the Nightingales. She was arrested a few days after arriving for thieving, and was believed to be a Stormcloak. She escaped Alduin's attack, and after becoming Thane of Whiterun, joined the Thieves Guild in Riften. She became a Nightingale of Stealth. She is on a quest to defeat Alduin and save the world. She looks forward to the demise of Alduin and The Sun.

Ysarth the watcher

High Elf of the Skyrim wilds
    Name: Ysarth the watcher or Ysarth
    Race: High Elf
    Class: Swordsman
    Looks: 5'7" slightly more muscular than the usual slim high elves. Snow-Blonde hair, almost white. Green eyes. Slim face with a noticable scar on his chin in the shape of two claws scratch. Wears a white set of elven armour.
    Personality: Well spoken but knows when his tongue should be still. A listener, a watcher who misses little detail even in the heat of battle
    Combat prefences: A dwarven greatsword often with a bow, but prefers the graceful music of steel against steel
    Misc: Well known by the occupants of Riverwood. A traveller but he prefers long, peacefull weeks outside Ivarsted, admiring nature and watching the many travellers who make their way to and from the small town

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts