character creation addiction

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

shane595

Like me and my other freinds i have a habbit of making new people on skyrim, i aways find something wrong with my guy and hate him so i make a new one does anyone do the same thing or is it just me

Speedymotor

what iz up
I used to do that. Youve just gotta find what you like and dont worry about your frends type of character. Just cus ur frends a khajiit, doesnt mean u cant be a khajitt. Remember, your character will always be origional

lol its not just you man i made my first character and it look like some old granny and yeah it was a guy
now im on my second and im a bosmer i still regret some choices like the hair and stuff but im just gonna bear with it bosmers are my favorite race

reversu

I really wish you could change the warpaint throughout the game. Both my characters looked good at the time but now seem rather ugly.

At least I'm staring at the back of their heads most of the time so I don't have to see their faces XP

And I spent like an hour making a male character, decided he was fugly and then spent an hour making a new female.

Kyaibe

Like me and my other freinds i have a habbit of making new people on skyrim, i aways find something wrong with my guy and hate him so i make a new one does anyone do the same thing or is it just me

Always and i did the same for oblivion.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
I have started over three (no, four) times and whatever excuse I give myself, the underlying fact was I wasn't attached to my character because of the way they looked. The female orc was the worst. I went to wearing the execution hood myself there at the end... Now I have a very comely Nord who I think will finally see the entirety of Skyrim where none of them have before.

And before you ask, yes, she wears shoes.

shane595

thank god im not the only one but i have had the game since december 13th and ive started over at least 20 times and it makes the game really boring doing the same quest 20 times over

shane595

i dont really have a problem with my looks it my classes i will want to mage at first then at level 15 i will want to be a theif and it will take forever to get the perks i want for the theif class bcuz im level 15

Purdekat

oh how true, deleted all ref to my dark elf since couldnt stand the way she looked..........I really do have issues with the way they look in this game :sadface:

On a side note also started a new char because her quest inventory looked messy.oh hum.shades of OCD methinks.

The Barefoot Nord

Well, I broke down and joined the ranks of the multiple char folks. I have made 5 now but always before I would delete the old games (for a variety of reasons). This time I kept my self restricted Nord archer and made a High Elf Mage who does anything for the coin. Still playing under some restrictions with the Elf, but not as many.

I can now see how you can have multiple games going at the same time without getting bored with the same missions. One can be following one line of the story and playstyle and the other a whole different angle.

Like it wasn't bad enough when I only had one character to play with, now I may never leave the house.

I find myself already wondering if I shouldn't create another one and try the sword and board only route.

What a great game that it is still just as much fun as the day I got it (if not better since this forum provides a wonderful "sauce" to my Skyrim feast!

The Barefoot Nord

If you are currently playing more than one character in Skyrim, I owe you an apology. Since I have been on this forum I have secretly scoffed the idea of having more than one character at a time as just a waste of time.

I could not have been more wrong. Herein lies the apology. : )

Last night I made a new character and was going to keep two. One was level 20 or so and one was brand new. Well, long story short, the level 20 character was saved over and I was stuck with just one new character. (there is a point to this rant, I promise).

Well faced with having to start from scratch for the 6th time it dawned on me that if I had multiple characters created now, they would all be relatively even and I could try all the playstyles at once!

So I did just that. I now have four characters, all different races and "jobs" and I am exploring different angles of the game with each of them.

So, in my own reluctance to try and understand why anyone would want more than one character, I have limited my Skyrim experience. I truly feel now that I can get the whole picture of what Skyrim has to offer.

One character dies, ok, load another one and try something different!

If you haven't tried it, I implore you, try it. Just be sure you turn autosave off and manually save (and pay attention to what file you are saving!)

So thank you, multiple character pioneers, you have a new recruit.

brandon

im on my fourth now and its not how my character looks. i just get tired of not getting hurt. which hasnt happened this time. so my nord mage might actually see lvl 60 or so.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Has anyone ever played Perfect World here? I used to love just designing new characters for it. It's a horrible game, but its character creation is among the best I've ever seen. You can get just about any look whatsoever out of it. I'm actually kind of glad that Skyrim character creation isn't so detailed. I don't have to think so hard about design. These days, I just slap something together that looks cool and go with it. It's not like I have to stare at her face too terribly often anyway.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Has anyone ever played Perfect World here? I used to love just designing new characters for it. It's a horrible game, but its character creation is among the best I've ever seen. You can get just about any look whatsoever out of it. I'm actually kind of glad that Skyrim character creation isn't so detailed. I don't have to think so hard about design. These days, I just slap something together that looks cool and go with it. It's not like I have to stare at her face too terribly often anyway.

Yep, I just do the basic things and be done with it. I don't really bother much with the tint of the eyebrows, or the width of his upper cheek LOL. But some people do like making really detailed ones.

shane595

i decided to make 3 new characters one high elf mage one argonian knight and one kajiit theif to try all 3 paths you can take and as the bare foot nord said im going to turn of all auto safe options so if i die its time to move to the next one and i will go in a full circle of the 3 i made so i get the best of all 3 worlds

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I kinda want to make a Lucien LaChance look alike. Still debating.