Character builds and Backstories

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Swingbo

I would like to know new immersive role playing builds that include gimps like no smithing or alchemy, refusing certain quests, and other things to make the experience more memorable and playable. A few examples could be like treasure hunter, hand to hand Kajhit, etc. One I want to try is have a backstory like a high elf orphan raised at the college of winterhold but wanting to do combat, when the only person who kept him in the college dies he gets kicked out and gets caught at the border and, having little experience in anything but magic, he becomes a warrior. Has anyone made a high elf warrior?

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I think that's a great story.

Housecat

backstories are fun but personalities are where the real creativity comes through, you could play a depressed high elf, so you can't play with anything defensive like wards or shields because you don't value your own life, and you can't do any quests that would result in objectively only helping you, so you can't be a bad person the only quests you can do will be for someone else, but this bars all deadric quests but things like the amren family sword would be something you would do in a heartbeat

backstories are fun but personalities are where the real creativity comes through, you could play a depressed high elf, so you can't play with anything defensive like wards or shields because you don't value your own life, and you can't do any quests that would result in objectively only helping you, so you can't be a bad person the only quests you can do will be for someone else, but this bars all deadric quests but things like the amren family sword would be something you would do in a heartbeat
LOL "Depressed High Elf"

B_T_33

Would it be a bad choice to make my nord character with archery sneak one handed and block with light Armour? Is that overkill?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Housecat

Would it be a bad choice to make my nord character with archery sneak one handed and block with light Armour? Is that overkill?

i dont know what you mean by overkill that just seems like a normal rogue

B_T_33

Meaning overkill by not having enchanting or smiting? I just don't necessarily care for that though. Just want a multi talented warrior

Housecat

Meaning overkill by not having enchanting or smiting? I just don't necessarily care for that though. Just want a multi talented warrior

honestly i never use either of those, the way i see it is that when you get to a high enough level you'll have the money to buy the things you want and you can always get a mod that adds in a system that uses money instead of items and skill for those things you want to create. i would really like to see a mod that adds in a person to craft things you want how you want when you pay him and if anyone knows anything like that a link would be greatly appreciated, nexus is preffered

Wildroses

I haven't made an Altmer warrior but I once made an Altmer sneaky archer, neither of which are areas Altmer's receive any starting bonus in or have their racial special of regenerate magicka provide any assistance.

By level 20 she was a completely unstoppable silent archer killing 80% of her enemies before they knew she was there. The other 20% rarely got close enough to do any damage, she was that strong with her bow. Skyrim is not a game which punishes you for picking builds not supported by race.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Playing a pacifist was some of the most fun I've ever had in Skyrim. Taking the main element of the game—killing your enemies—away leaves you with an entirely different game to play. It forces you to think of other ways around obstacles and to focus more on non-combative skills than you usually would. To play a pacifist, you must follow three rules:

1. Don't kill anything, ever.
2. Don't employ followers or summons to kill anything for you.
3. Don't use fury spells to force enemies to kill each other.

Since that wasn't difficult enough, I also gave myself some other limitations with this character, who was a Khajiit. I played into the lore of Khajiit not being permitted in cities by not allowing him to barter with regular merchants—only Khajiit caravans, Thieves Guild fences, and scholars at the College of Winterhold. He was also obsessed with fish and absolutely had to steal every piece of fish he saw, whether or not he could actually get away with it, though figuring out how to get away with it was sometimes a great puzzle. I also didn't fast travel anywhere.

The beauty of Skyrim is that you really can mold the game how you see fit. You can give yourself whatever limitations you want to make it more challenging and more interesting.

Afazha

honestly i never use either of those, the way i see it is that when you get to a high enough level you'll have the money to buy the things you want and you can always get a mod that adds in a system that uses money instead of items and skill for those things you want to create. i would really like to see a mod that adds in a person to craft things you want how you want when you pay him and if anyone knows anything like that a link would be greatly appreciated, nexus is preffered

I got some, here you go:

Alternative Crafting System - I dont want to be a blacksmith

Blacksmith Upgrades and Forging

Court Wizards Fill Soul Gems

All of them are nexus :D

Swingbo

I never thought of doing personalities.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts