• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Spladdock

I know this is a newbie question but was wondering after i become guild master of the theifs guild can i switch to any other to try another guild quest line or am i stuck with the one i chose also do i loose access to the previous guild i was in? thanks for the help :)

brandon

nope you can become the head of any and all guilds. on my first guy i was the listener of the db, the master of the theives guild, the harbinger of the companions, and the thane in everytown. the only guild i havent done yet is the mages college.

Spladdock

Ah cool so I can still stay in my previous thiefs guild to sell my stolen goods and join the dark brotherhood for some assasination quests?

brandon

Ah cool so I can still stay in my previous thiefs guild to sell my stolen goods and join the dark brotherhood for some assasination quests?
yep and still do the college of winterhold and companions if magic weilding werewolf is your thing too.

Spladdock

Ah well that's good news that's why I didn't join the imperials or stormcloaks because I though you wernt able to while in a guild coool that's just gave me a lot more to do at once haha now to choose what to do :p

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
You will not be able to join both the Imperials and Stormcloaks on one character however.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
nope you can become the head of any and all guilds. on my first guy i was the listener of the db, the master of the theives guild, the harbinger of the companions, and the thane in everytown. the only guild i havent done yet is the mages college.

You haven't done the Bards College yet. But yes, you can join any guilds except for both Imperials and Stormcloaks.

brandon

You haven't done the Bards College yet. But yes, you can join any guilds except for both Imperials and Stormcloaks.
i did the bards college with my current guy. i havent finished the mages guild yet. i need to join the mages guild this time. i mean seriously whats the point in making a mage if you dont join the mages guild.

Spladdock

i dont mind not being able to join both imperial and storm cloaks for the idea of a 1handed sword and shield user for the imperials so thats fine ill stick with the rebels for now :) cheers for the help, but i agree brandon there isnt much point making a mage and not joining the mages guild pretty much the only good choice for them haha but does seem interesting will be a good quest line hopefully when i get round to making my alt for that role

Dvalin

i dont mind not being able to join both imperial and storm cloaks for the idea of a 1handed sword and shield user for the imperials so thats fine ill stick with the rebels for now :) cheers for the help, but i agree brandon there isnt much point making a mage and not joining the mages guild pretty much the only good choice for them haha but does seem interesting will be a good quest line hopefully when i get round to making my alt for that role
I would argue that the DB questline would work just as well, for the .....right kind of mage ;)

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I would argue that the DB questline would work just as well, for the .....right kind of mage ;)

Yep, that's what I did. I carry a bound bow for range, and then just destruction and conjuration for in close. Maybe a dagger for some DB quests...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts