Challenger, you've no idea how much I hate you...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

A "Challenger" decided to show up in Ivarstead, and challenge me to a duel. My Conjuration is at 50+, which must've triggered the encounter.

Literally ten seconds earlier I had finished Temba Wide-Arms' bear killing quest.

So of course she decides to defend me from the stupid half-naked mage, and he kills her. -.-
For that reason, after I kill him, I drag his body to the river and toss it down the waterfall to a watery grave. Next I head to Pinepeak Cavern and kill the bear outside, simply to honor Temba's last wish ("Kill a few more bears for me, will you.").

Then a courier shows up with a letter and a lot of gold...

Stupid Challenger ruined an otherwise fine day. :mad:

PS. I dropped a bunch of Bear Claws next to Temba's body. I thought it was fitting.

Chadonraz

Oh! He showed up right in the middle of me trying to rid Winterhold of the ten ghostly anomalies. I was wielding a sword at the time so he didn't get his magicians duel, but a sword to the belly. Man that dude has poor timing!

I used the Elven Mace of Stunning (paralyze enchantment) and the Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson that I got earlier today. :D

He ran out of magicka, and had to resort to using a dagger. :p

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Oh! He showed up right in the middle of me trying to rid Winterhold of the ten ghostly anomalies. I was wielding a sword at the time so he didn't get his magicians duel, but a sword to the belly. Man that dude has poor timing!

I used the Elven Mace of Stunning (paralyze enchantment) and the Staff of Jyrik Gauldurson that I got earlier today. :D

He ran out of magicka, and had to resort to using a dagger. :p

I had the Gauldur Blackblade and fire in the other hand, battling three anomalies at once and he walks up to me... What the!?!?

Wildroses

I didn't get to lay a finger on him the one time he tried to attack me. It was in the middle of Riften Market. The guards, the vendors and the market goers were not impressed with his desire to have a dangerous magic duel in the trade centre of the town. He was overwhelmed before he had much of a chance to fight. With his dying breath he whined about how this was a magic duel, you know, ma-gic!

Writes-Many-Posts

Champion of Grottos and Gremlins
Funny... You know, I had this strange encounter in Riften (where everyone hates me from being a Dr. Honest Joe, other than Madesi and Bolli) so that guy shows up all fired up:
- You (something...) duel me (something) magic (something) to the death!
Me, then:
- Bye (I pressed the button to leave conversation)

He attacks me anyway and Maul, Hemming, Saphire and Haelga all take their chances to pent up their hatred for the Mr. Goody Shoes of Riften, AKA: Ghandi+Honorable Dragonborn+Jesus of Skyrim (yeah, when I play a good character, he/she MUST be GOOD at being GOOD), while Brynjolf still tried to promote his Troll Fat tonic WITHOUT my help. So, neither the guards in that hold like me, and somehow, they just stand there like children:
- Why are they hurting each other?!
I kill the mage by shouting him to the water, Saphire dies too (the little part of the scumbags in Riften that can actually die! I am cleaning a little of the city!) Maul and Hemming get on their knees, and somehow, the bounties for killing those "four" (two actually, stupid guards!) were all pinned up on me, and Madesi and Bolli ended up defending me from Maven and Grelka. I had to use a Bend Will shout to avoid getting my only two friends in Riften killed!

Now every time I see somebody I don't know approaching me inside a city, I already know I need to run outside and lure them to the wilds for a duel, or to get them killed by a giant, it's all good!

Lucid

Seems like The Challenger was well travelled yesterday. He showed up for me in Shor's Stone after I hit lvl. 50 on Restoration. The guards slaughtered him.

"You call yourself a Wizard?"
"Um, no - I call myself a healer"

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

It's nice to find someone else who hates the Challenger. He walked up to me in Whiterun, challenged me to a duel, and then when I specifically told him to find some other way to stroke his ego (in other words, declining his challenge), he attacked me. When Lydia came to my rescue, he began whining about how it was a one-on-one duel, as if I'm supposed to abide by the rules of a challenge that I didn't even accept. The nerve of that guy..

Fedpol2

I've never had the opportunity to face the Challenger. Never encountered him with any character I have played. Any tips or tricks to make this happen?

Chadonraz

I've never had the opportunity to face the Challenger. Never encountered him with any character I have played. Any tips or tricks to make this happen?

You need to have a magic skill (Enchanting doesn't count) at 50 or higher, after which he may spawn in a settlement. However he might not appear even if you get all your magic skills to 50... dunno if there's an additional requirement.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Wizard_Duel

Nearby guards have never assisted me regardless of my reply, so the article isn't entirely accurate.

Fedpol2

You need to have a magic skill (Enchanting doesn't count) at 50 or higher, after which he may spawn in a settlement. However he might not appear even if you get all your magic skills to 50... dunno if there's an additional requirement.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Wizard_Duel

Nearby guards have never assisted me regardless of my reply, so the article isn't entirely accurate.

Well the magic requirement has been met with my characters but I guess I just haven't got lucky (or unlucky) enough to encounter him. Now I am on a mission to find this guy!

Bulfrek

Dawnstar's "Cleaner"
I like to tell him I don't want to fight then use a weapon. He still complains but he shouldn't. No Sovengarde awaits those who force you to fight then try to tell you you can't use a weapon. Well that and he's not a Nord.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts