Celebrity Crush

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Monopoly

Gypsy Panther
I love me some Tom Hardy. And Jon Snow from Game of Thrones, but I just can't seem to remember the actor's name atm

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Oh yeah, Jessica Alba, but in her Dark Angel days. She had way more curves back then. Mmmmmmm, curves. <3

A little too skinny now. :sadface:

Docta Corvina

Sadly I've never owned a PS.. I wonder if that game is available on PC or Xbox360? I bet I would enjoy it. ;) I remember one on the first Xbox where you played a Spartan warrior and fought off legions of foes.. that was pretty awesome (can't remember its name, though)!

I don't think it sounds silly at all.. there's definitely magic in the air there, something archaic and deep that resonates through the city. Never did catch that story about Nero's ghost still haunting Rome! What kind of spookiness did you experience?

Yep, tragic anti-heroes always make for the most interesting characters. And Rome was rife with them! We can only hope their plans of making a full-length Rome movie featuring the original cast will come to fruition!

Sadly, I think it's only for PS2, as far as I can tell. :sadface: But man, if it's ever released through emulators, seize upon it, my friend! It's worth it - it's so much historical fun. I've gotten so many laughs from it all these years. :p

Haha, Nero's ghost is said to haunt the area of Rome where his family tomb was. Since he was declared an enemy of the state by the Senate, he was barred from being entombed in the Mausoleum of Augustus, and so he had to be put in the former place. A church was built on top of the family tomb in an effort to silence his ghost that apparently was scaring/harassing people well into the medieval times. So around 1099, the pope blessed the land and commissioned the church to be built as part of an exorcism. There is a plaque outside the church that relates all of this, by the way. Religious authorities claimed it worked, but not according to some of today's Romans. And not according to me either. :p I had camera malfunctions only twice in Italy, and both were in places directly related to Nero: the church under which he's buried and the remnants of his Golden House near the Colosseum. I also had my NEW batteries die in my camera right after I jokingly asked for him to do something spooky for me. While excavating north of Rome, I was the first to find a coin in my digging area, and it was a Nero coin. I also had odd things happen with my MP3 player while I traversed the Palatine Hill, things that only happened after I once again asked for him to do something if he was hanging out there. Coincidences? Possibly. But I prefer to think that he knows he's my favorite and he's still hanging out in Rome. Wouldn't blame him, the place is amazing!

I sure as hell hope that movie happens! I've heard they were gonna move it all a bit forward so we could eventually see Tiberius' time. That would be...incredible! Have you seen I, Claudius? I think, based on our conversations thus far, that you would thoroughly enjoy it. :D

More James Purefoy FTW ....This man DEFINITELY needs to be Bond next. Good GODS <3

13imv7ea3fvri3vv.jpg

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Sadly, I think it's only for PS2, as far as I can tell. :sadface: But man, if it's ever released through emulators, seize upon it, my friend! It's worth it - it's so much historical fun. I've gotten so many laughs from it all these years. :p

Haha, Nero's ghost is said to haunt the area of Rome where his family tomb was. Since he was declared an enemy of the state by the Senate, he was barred from being entombed in the Mausoleum of Augustus, and so he had to be put in the former place. A church was built on top of the family tomb in an effort to silence his ghost that apparently was scaring/harassing people well into the medieval times. So around 1099, the pope blessed the land and commissioned the church to be built as part of an exorcism. There is a plaque outside the church that relates all of this, by the way. Religious authorities claimed it worked, but not according to some of today's Romans. And not according to me either. :p I had camera malfunctions only twice in Italy, and both were in places directly related to Nero: the church under which he's buried and the remnants of his Golden House near the Colosseum. I also had my NEW batteries die in my camera right after I jokingly asked for him to do something spooky for me. While excavating north of Rome, I was the first to find a coin in my digging area, and it was a Nero coin. I also had odd things happen with my MP3 player while I traversed the Palatine Hill, things that only happened after I once again asked for him to do something if he was hanging out there. Coincidences? Possibly. But I prefer to think that he knows he's my favorite and he's still hanging out in Rome. Wouldn't blame him, the place is amazing!

I sure as hell hope that movie happens! I've heard they were gonna move it all a bit forward so we could eventually see Tiberius' time. That would be...incredible! Have you seen I, Claudius? I think, based on our conversations thus far, that you would thoroughly enjoy it. :D

More James Purefoy FTW ....This man DEFINITELY needs to be Bond next. Good GODS <3

13imv7ea3fvri3vv.jpg

Ah, damn! Gotta keep my eyes open for an emulated version, then. Any video game set in ancient Rome is worth checking out! ;)

Whoa, that is pretty spooky! Even a not-so-superstitious person would have to wonder at the possibility.. :eek: And I see you really do know Nero inside and out! Now I'm kinda bummed out that we missed his tomb. Well, that is definitely on my list of sights to see when I next visit Rome!

Oh man.. I'm almost drooling at the prospect of getting to see the movie sometime hopefully in the not too distant future. :p I haven't yet seen I, Claudius. It's a mini series from the 70s? Epic sword n' sandals action (as was typical of the time), I'd wager? Have you perchance seen The Centurion, set in the second century AD during Rome's conquest of Britain? That was quite a well-crafted movie IMO, even with its gratuitous and sometimes excessive violence.

James Purefoy is already looking the part of Bond in that pic! ;)

Docta Corvina

Ah, damn! Gotta keep my eyes open for an emulated version, then. Any video game set in ancient Rome is worth checking out! ;)

Whoa, that is pretty spooky! Even a not-so-superstitious person would have to wonder at the possibility.. :eek: And I see you really do know Nero inside and out! Now I'm kinda bummed out that we missed his tomb. Well, that is definitely on my list of sights to see when I next visit Rome!

Oh man.. I'm almost drooling at the prospect of getting to see the movie sometime hopefully in the not too distant future. :p I haven't yet seen I, Claudius. It's a mini series from the 70s? Epic sword n' sandals action (as was typical of the time), I'd wager? Have you perchance seen The Centurion, set in the second century AD during Rome's conquest of Britain? That was quite a well-crafted movie IMO, even with its gratuitous and sometimes excessive violence.

James Purefoy is already looking the part of Bond in that pic! ;)

He is, isn't it he? ;) Like I said, the man could singlehandedly turn me into a Bond movie fan. :D

I, Claudius is that 70s miniseries, yeah. It's not really an action series though, it's very much a close and often sordid look at the Julio-Claudian dynasty and the multiple intrigues that occurred therein. You think Atia was bad? You should see Livia! :eek: I, Claudius basically picks up where HBO's ROME left off, time-wise. I haven't seen the Centurion yet, but I think it's in my Netflix queue. I need to watch it!

And LOL Jersey, it ain't even so. :p I've been posting pictures to supplement our posts. ;)

600fulljamespurefoy.jpg

S

SynnerLarkie

being as i am the poster of this thread... why arent there more pictures of chics? come on men... step your game up foo!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Ok, since I've been doing a lot of talking and no showing in this thread, here's my visual contribution. ;) I'm not normally one to swoon over celebrities because my rational mind realizes that they're unattainable, but some famous women do make me drool a little. Here's one.. Emma Stone:

Panthera

Don Gato
I consider Claire Holt the hottest and cutest actress.

S

SynnerLarkie

hubby just told me he is all about Katey Perry right now. *rollseyes*

so as much as i love mr. skarsgard... im totally feeling mr. Labonte, he is very yummy as well
1649698.jpg

Necromis

Larkie he is probably thinking that *I kissed a girl* fantasy is all. LOL

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
may be a little obscure: Angelique Boyer, she's an up and coming telenovela star

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
also Megan Fox, to quote my brother, "I'd drink her bathwater"