PC Can't summon Durnehviir in Apocrypha.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can shout the full three words, and the screen goes violet-y and blurred just like when he gets summoned, but he isn't there. I look up to the sky, down below, swam the pools, but he''s nowhere to be found. Yes I aimed at a particularly large area, Yes I have no summons. Yes I removed all items and perks and abilities that have Spell absorption. No Durnehviir. If it is of any help, no Arvak as well.

Okay, I can't summon him ONLY in Waking Dreams part of Apocrypha, specifically during the quest "At the summit of Apocrypha"

Usulama

Possibly because the end of that quest is HUGELY dependent on you using the bend will shout at the dragon that is already there, and fly it over to Miraak.

Summoning a dragon and flying that instead would be cheating and game breaking.

Usulama

well there's that, but i don't think you can use bend will on durnehviir..

You're not supposed to. He is already at your command.
Just do the quest, without trying to get Durnehviir.

Then why did I post this thread..? I'm asking for help, not some "don't do that" advice. If you have nothing helpful to say then just stop posting. I wouldn't post this if I thought that "not summoning durnehviir" was one of the more preferred options.
You also said something about summoning a dragon and using it to get to Miraak. I don't know about you but I was never able to ride Durnehviir.

On topic:
I think that it is hard coded on that cell. No other dragons may be placed there. I even tried placing other dragons . No dragon placed. I haven't tried placing Alduin, though.
Waking Dreams has a lot of scripts, events and codes that control the dragons. I guess another dragon would screw it up.

Iveri Sarothil

There's no need for rudeness. He's trying to help you not screw up your game, dude.

If you can't summon things in Apocrypha, there's a good reason for that. Like he said, a big part of that quest is using Bend Will on the dragon you get after reaching a certain point. You use him to fly to Miraak, not your own summon. That isn't just us saying 'don't do that' - it's common sense. There's a time and a place for everything, and yes, allowing you to summon in there probably would screw something up.

He didn't say anything about summoning a dragon to ride to Miraak. Once you've reached a certain point in the quest, you get a dragon that you must use Bend Will on to get to the boss. It's scripted. There is no actual need to summon anything.

Also, from Durnehviir's wiki:

Durnehviir does not resist Bend Will, but rather does not even register it.

Basically, it's less of 'don't do that' than 'you really can't/don't want to do that.'

Summoning a dragon and flying that instead would be cheating and game breaking."
see his second post.

Can somebody just close this thread. Some people not getting the idea.

If they didn't want new dragons inside, they should have been clear with it, or they should have just programmed it another way, like preventing the shout from completing instead just as pointing it in the wrong direction would.

There was no mention of the rule "no summoning/calling/placing dragons in waking dreams", that's why I pointed this phenomena out. IF summoning durnehviir into apocrypha is game breaking and cheating, then what about an almost immortal serpentine dragon with an incredibly powerful frost shout..? Adding Durnehviir to the fun is like adding more water to an already full glass, and I just enjoy looking at the water spill. HINT: it's the same dragon you ride to miraak. I even use a mod I created on my own to dull down sahloknir.

Iveri Sarothil

*sigh* I do believe it is you who is not getting the idea.

Bethesda doesn't plaster rules of the game all over the walls - why? Because you shouldn't need them. What would be the point of summoning another dragon? That dragon you get might be powerful, but it's not like you get to fight Miraak with him. There really isn't any point in getting all pissy because the game's not letting you futz around with mechanics.

Let's say you could summon him into Apocrypha. How would he even get there? Where would you fly him? With all the stuff you have to do in there, there's no actual reason for you to be flying around on a dragon. Nor is it practical. You're meant to defeat Miraak by hand, on your own feet - same with the rest of the area.

You...made a mod to dull down the second dragon fight. Oy.

It sounds like you're wanting to cheat on so many levels, and in some cases, that's simply not possible with the way the game is set up.

Somebody *once again* did not understand.​
EDIT: My fault, I meant Sahrotaar. Sorry.​
I dulled down Sahrotaar. How is that cheating? Do you think I want to summon Durnehviir because Miraak is (sarcastically) so powerful? I wanted Durnehviir in that fight for nothing but the coolness of it. 2on2 dragons, and 1on1 dragonborn. I modded my game into making Miraak a much more difficult fight.​
Someone just close this thread right now. It seems too much for some of the brains here.​
Oh I almost forgot. There's a particularly LARGE amount of space for you to summon Durnehviir right where you fight Miraak. Please.​

SkyrimFreak

Look... just accept that you can't get Durnheviir into Apocrypha. Also Sahloknir is an opponent, or have you never gotten midway through the main questline? (Maybe you mean Sahrotaar) As for you thinking its not cheating... Well its not cheating in the way most people do, but technically it still is... Its your decision to mod the game, but most of the people here prefer to play it without any mods. I'm sure you can find some sort of mod to get him there eventually. And it has nothing to do with the amount of space there is. I'm pretty sure we can all understand why you want it to be "for the coolness of it", but its not really worth potentially breaking your game. And there is NO reason for you to be so rude, just saying.

Iveri Sarothil

Wow. Is there any reason to be nasty and condescending? You posted here for answers and you got them, now you're acting like a tool because you didn't get the answer you wanted. Grow up.

There's a lot of things people would like to do 'for the coolness of it'. Thing is, some of these things just aren't possible. You seem to know how to mod, so you figure out how to mod the game to let you summon Durnheviir in Apocrypha if you're so dead set on doing so. Might break your game, but at least you'll have your coolness factor, right? Coming here to yell at us isn't going to help.

But guess what? Sahro doesn't fight. You hop on his back, you fly to Miraak, you land, Miraak takes his soul, you fight Miraak. That's it. There's no epic battle between dragons, and if you want that so badly, I really hope you're a damn good programmer to make a non-fighting dragon fight a summoned dragon in a fight that relies on the boss absorbing souls from any dragon in the area. And I still have to raise an eyebrow at the fact that you dulled down Sahrotaar - you equip Bend Will and shout it at him as soon as he lands. That, or he turns you into a Dragonbornsicle. It's not that hard at all.

Also, constantly calling us stupid because we're explaining in detail how and why you can't do something is very childish. It's like asking us how to walk on water and then calling us idiots because we've given you 9,000 reasons why you can't do it.

Although I do agree with you that this thread should be closed. You refuse to see anyone else's reasoning but your own, which makes this topic rather pointless.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
sumthingsup you can get you point across or disagree with someone without being so unpleasant. A good rule of thumb for everyone here is to respect and play nice. We are all gamers here after all. Now, if you want this thread to be deleted then send a report and me or another mod will get to it. Carry on. :cowboy:

You haven't explain anything in detail.
There's no real explanation on why no other dragons may be placed in Waking Dreams.

Sahrotar DOES fight. I've played the same scenario in settings with and without mods (two separate characters) because I reported it as an issue in the bugtracker of USKP.

If I only had the bandwidth, I'd readily upload a video showing how Sahrotar helps me in killing Miraak, something I misjudged as his breath having no damage to me, when in fact he was shouting at Miraak. I can even ride Sahrotar before the fight starts, land to kill Miraak personally, and Sahrotar would still help me.
I haven't gotten to uploading the saves because of lame bandwidth.

What answer are you talking about? "Don't summon him." is an answer? Forgive me but that barely seems like an answer.
No concrete reason was shown or given by any and all of the forums I have visited and posted on that explains why no dragon can be placed inside. I await these reasons because maybe, just maybe, there's a work around for them.

What I didn't like is the fact that no one understood what Durnehviir was for. I wasn't going to use him to fly there (it would be cool though) because its actually impossible without mods. If I'm meant to defeat miraak on my feet, then why was I given a chance to ride Sahrotar to kill him while flying? I actually killed off the two dragons while watching a movie because sahrotar "killed" miraak thrice. I fell to the ground when sahrotar was about to be consumed by miraak.

Now, I'm just gonna report this, as I think there is no one is knowledgeable with the inner workings of Waking Dreams here (that goes for me too, obviously. this is not meant to be an insult).

Iveri Sarothil

No idea why you were able to kill Miraak while riding him. In my playthrough, and in all the playthroughs I've watched to make sure this is legit, Sahrotaar flies off after you jump off his back. Miraak uses Bend Will on two more dragons to take their souls during the fight, and afterwards, he takes Sahrotaar's as his final soul. It sounds like either a bug or a mod, but stranger things have happened.

But I mean...it's not working anyway. I really think it comes down to the game not letting you summon a huge dragon to help you fight a boss in Apocrypha, the boss who would see your dragon, mutter, "That's cute," and proceed to drink its soul out of a glass with an umbrella just as quickly as you summoned it. Logically, even if the game did let you do such a thing (and you'd have to ask Bethesda about the 'inner workings' of it all), it...just wouldn't be possible. The guy grabs dragons and snatches their souls like candy. Your summon wouldn't stand a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts