Xbox 360 Can't seem to stick with any character who isn't a Nord...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Chadonraz

I've noticed that whenever I create a character who isn't a Nord, I end up abandoning them before level 20. No matter what type of character it is, no matter if they have a background story, no matter what (if any) goals they have; I just get bored of them. I've tried every race apart from Altmer at least once, some (like Khajiit) several times.

I'm right now going through the Helgen intro, yet again determined to pick a non-default race and progress far beyond level 20...

We'll see how far this elderly, badass cannibal Dunmer gets. :D

Has anyone else had similar trouble, or "trouble"?

Harc

Big Hog
I'm too attached to playing an Altmer. I created a Thalmor Altmer last summer in August, right before I started my last year of middle school. And I'm going into my second week as a freshman tomorrow. My character was a level 61. Now I made another Thalmor Altmer character! It's crazy

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
I'm the same, I have to be a Nord. I got an Imperial to level 50 but it's just not the same.

Nords are my favourite race, but even other races I love like Khajiit and Dunmer, I can't seem to play for too long. I keep trying every now and again though.

Skyrim just forces me to be a Nord.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I have a somewhat simular issue myself with beast races "except for Orc's" if my character isn't an "actual" human being its just hard to take them seriously, dunno why but it is. Farthest i ever got with a non human race character was a dark elf warrior i did one time whom i got up to level 60 something with but thats just cuz i got attached to the character for some reason, kahjeets and argonians i can't ever get into, no matter how much i try, maybe its something about the tail, lol they just seem too awkward to me.

Mayhem

Assasin
I have the same problem. Whenever I create something other than Nord or Dark elf I get bored very quickly... Odd :D

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
OMG Nords suck! My favorite is Breton. I have a hard time picking non-human races.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
That happens to me when I play as any elven race. I love elves, so I'm not sure why I never see any of them through to the end as a character.

I've tried every race at least once, but only my Khajiit and my Nords ever make it past level 20. Weirdness. :confused:

RY14NCE

Dragonborn
I have the same problem. Whenever I create something other than Nord or Dark elf I get bored very quickly... Odd :D

I tried a Dark Elf because I thought it would be cool to do the Dragonborn questline on Solstheim and then live there, but I lost interest well before I could even finish Skyrim's main quest, unfortunately :sadface:

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I'm too attached to playing an Altmer. I created a Thalmor Altmer last summer in August, right before I started my last year of middle school. And I'm going into my second week as a freshman tomorrow. My character was a level 61. Now I made another Thalmor Altmer character! It's crazy
Dude i've been meaning to ask, how are u playing as a thalmor??? pc mods? :confused:
I've even wiki searched it and there is no current way to join them, wtf??? :confused:

Harc

Big Hog
Dude i've been meaning to ask, how are u playing as a thalmor??? pc mods? :confused:
I've even wiki searched it and there is no current way to join them, wtf??? :confused:
There is a mod that just came out! Called join the Thalmor, it's pretty sick!

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
There is a mod that just came out! Called join the Thalmor, it's pretty sick!
Ah, that explains it. Thought as much.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I'm tired of Nords. While I enjoy the whole 2 handed warrior/barbarian thing, it gets old and seems like too much of a requirement. Besides, I always feel obligated to side with the Stormies and I don't really care for their philosophy. So I'm trying to branch out. Currently working on a Argo (great RP opportunities) and starting a Khajit mage.

Patches

I get bored quickly, but I like to spread around a bit. Working on an Altmer mage, Argo theif, and Nord werewolf Dawnguard. Heck, my Nord's already kicked Mirak's ass, just just need to do main story-line and the rest of DG.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
Usually that happens with every character I make, I've never had a character get past lvl 35. (That was a Breton, I believe) The problem I have with beast races is that in the context of the story (Dragonborn and all that), I can't accept/take seriously/immerse myself because the character is not human... I don't know why. Its sad because I like Orcs on their own and they have my favourite power .... but once I start playing through the main quest I'm like ..... eh, this doesn't seem right. Khajits and Argonians just look like plops so I've never played either.

I've only really played Nords (storyline purposes), Bretons (skill/power purposes + look), Orcs (Power+badass feel) and High Elfs (Power for mage builds). I won't make a character who's build doesn't go with the race (High Elf warrior etc..etc..), I just find it so redundant. I play on master so anything helps really. I'm thinking of downloading Skyrim again (its been +6months) and starting an Orc. I dunno.

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
I'm tired of Nords. While I enjoy the whole 2 handed warrior/barbarian thing, it gets old and seems like too much of a requirement. Besides, I always feel obligated to side with the Stormies and I don't really care for their philosophy. So I'm trying to branch out. Currently working on a Argo (great RP opportunities) and starting a Khajit mage.
Actually there are plenty of nords in the imperial legion, i've done both sides with a nord character and either seems to makes sense. I always like to go with a pure mage build on my nords, just because its so out of the norm on what they would do by story.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Actually there are plenty of nords in the imperial legion, i've done both sides with a nord character and either seems to makes sense. I always like to go with a pure mage build on my nords, just because its so out of the norm on what they would do by story.
Agreed. It just, for me, seems like the Nord belongs with the Stormies (especially since I'm usually playing a dim-witted Nord lug that's in to violence). I tried doing a Nord mage, but it just didn't seem right. Let me know how it goes or is going.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
hes not playing as a thalmor, he just pretening until they attack him and thhe find a note on their bodies that says hes an enemy of the dominion, but I am playing as a thalmor and yes it is the aldmeri dominion strenghend mod

HappyFaceClown

PunkNation
Agreed. It just, for me, seems like the Nord belongs with the Stormies (especially since I'm usually playing a dim-witted Nord lug that's in to violence). I tried doing a Nord mage, but it just didn't seem right. Let me know how it goes or is going.
Well, kinda funny u mention it cuz i started a nord mage last month and so far i'm having a blast! He's at level 31 right now and already maxed out destruction at 100, currently trying to get my conjuration maxed so i can get the twin souls perk but its taking forever. He's a robes only mage with big health enchantments to make up for the lack of armor, no physical weapons of any kind including daggers and i use bound bow conjuration spell for my bow, if enemies close in i use the become ethreal shout to escape. This is surprisingly one of the funnest builds i've done in awhile! :D

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
2013-08-20_00008.jpg
Well, kinda funny u mention it cuz i started a nord mage last month and so far i'm having a blast! He's at level 31 right now and already maxed out destruction at 100, currently trying to get my conjuration maxed so i can get the twin souls perk but its taking forever. He's a robes only mage with big health enchantments to make up for the lack of armor, no physical weapons of any kind including daggers and i use bound bow conjuration spell for my bow, if enemies close in i use the become ethreal shout to escape. This is surprisingly one of the funnest builds i've done in awhile! :D
I decided to hell with it and make a necromancr, don't know how but I achieved lichdom