Can. You redo or reset your perk points?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

mrlymric

As the title says, is ther anyone or place in game. To reset/redo your perks,after you played for awhile and realized you put. Points where you really didn't need to, without having to start game all way over again with new character???

mrlymric

No legit way.
Ok after looking over my character and ther is only 4 perk points I wasted then it's really no big loss, I can level up another skill to get more perk points for the wasted 4 perk points, so I guess I'm ok lol

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
Dang, I'm on ps3 hmm 65 hours dow the drain,looks like I'm starting over with new character

That's why my first character got shelved. I was at about level 25 and realized that the perks I'd picked (which sounded really good at the time) just weren't what I needed.

I suspect most of us have had this problem sometime. I try to see it as a part of the learning curve and take heart in my next character being better.

Admiral Snackbar

it's a...well, you know.
Yep, my character didn't know what he wanted to be when he grew up... I agree, this has been a learning curve, and if I build another character, I'll do things right the first time. Though, I'll say that it's been fun evolving my character based on my playing style. Not sure I could have gotten it right the first time without quite a bit of investment in the game. I'm at level 28, and I don't want to start over yet, so I'll just have to overcome my imperfections. :)

tvJefe

Your first character will always have some inefficiencies. Use Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! to help map out your second character. And even then, you might want to change direction at some point. If it's not TOO extreme, it can probably still be done.

For instance, I built Ja'Guar with Enchanting and Smithing. But then I decided that, as an Assassin, I wanted to use Nightingale Armor as my endgame equipment. And with that, Mehrune's Razor and an Ebony Bow (not enchanted) for looks. So Enchanting was useless for me. Plus I wanted to add some magic into the mix - invisibility specifically. I found that I could still level up high enough to add the 7 points into Illusion necessary for invisibility. I don't use enchanting much at all, so you could say it's 8 wasted points, but I'm okay with that.

Now if you put points into Speech, I can't help you. Those are a total waste! :)

Kairee Blackblade

Premium Member
I agree, this has been a learning curve, and if I build another character, I'll do things right the first time.

This is your first build? I'm on # 8 or 9...not sure which, because my PS3 died not too long ago and took all my files with it. Had to start from scratch. Once you're done with this character of yours, you might want to consider doing the exact opposite as far as your build goes. For example, if you're a warrior now, go for a mage next time. If you're a goodie-two-shoes, become an evil Daedra-worshiping assassin the next go 'round.

Admiral Snackbar

it's a...well, you know.
This is your first build? I'm on # 8 or 9...not sure which, because my PS3 died not too long ago and took all my files with it. Had to start from scratch. Once you're done with this character of yours, you might want to consider doing the exact opposite as far as your build goes. For example, if you're a warrior now, go for a mage next time. If you're a goodie-two-shoes, become an evil Daedra-worshiping assassin the next go 'round.
Not only is this my first build in Skyrim, but this is my first RPG since Star Wars: Dark Forces II (pretty sure that was 97)...so I've been out of the gaming world for some time. I pretty much had to re-learn how this stuff worked, so the learning curve has been massive, across the board.

My current build is a Jack-of-all-trades Imperial spellsword, a good guy most of the time, but a bad guy when he has to be (Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild). So, it'll be tough to create an opposite character with the next build, but I think I will plan on going in one extreme or the other. As of now, thinking Nord Warrior (Heavy Armor, 2-handed, etc.). I use light armor and one-handed only now. After that, as you suggest, I'll most likely go with a Mage, and possibly even a female character for something completely different.

tvJefe

Come up with a character concept first - that's the best part. Now that you are familiar with the world and the various abilities, design a character that you think would be fun to play. Then work with the perk calculator to get a general build down and then start playing.

Mage could mean 50 different things in Skyrim. There are some pretty cool youtube videos of pacifists that use a combination of restoration and illusion magic and never kill anything, but still complete quests and level up.

Maybe a 2H sword, heavy-armor, conjurer in daedric armor. Summon 2 Dremora and there are 3 of you! Something like: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Maybe one day they'll release an NPC that could reset your perks.

Because some people including myself would love to just have one Character, and not 20.

mrlymric

Come up with a character concept first - that's the best part. Now that you are familiar with the world and the various abilities, design a character that you think would be fun to play. Then work with the perk calculator to get a general build down and then start playing.

Mage could mean 50 different things in Skyrim. There are some pretty cool youtube videos of pacifists that use a combination of restoration and illusion magic and never kill anything, but still complete quests and level up.

Maybe a 2H sword, heavy-armor, conjurer in daedric armor. Summon 2 Dremora and there are 3 of you! Something like: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Aye this game is a huge learning curve, which is not that bad
, my character is an assassin/archer i have one hand combat perks armsman 5/5, fighting stance, dual flurry2/2,,dual savagery and savage strike then i have sneak stealth 5/5 backstab, deadly aim, assassin's blade, muffed movement and light foot and in archery the whole tree, well my problem i saw was that i was going to take illusion to get invis and silent casting then i was looking at my build and was like CRAP i didnt need to take muffle movement and light foot since i was going illusion i was like ok i need to make a new charcter BUT after thinlking this out i decide to keep what i had not to take no illusion spells for this character and deal with the perks i have now and keep going forward i'llplay out this true assassin/archer with no magic, make it very challenging then my 2nd character latr on dow the road i'll willl be diff with magic, i thought i had 4 perks wasted but it was only two which was muffle mevement and light foot so i can deal with that and play this character all the way with no illusion magic :):):)

cerebus

ohh man that sucks cause im lvl 81 khajiit and am a mix between mage, master thief and warrior as my thief skill is the one i was focusing on and have to start over :sadface:.because i want to become badass mage

rittz

You could start over, if that's what you want.

Or, if you're patient, (spoiler alert!!) you could wait for Dragonborn to become available for PS3 users. You'll be getting it in about a month or so, I think. They confirmed it for PS3 and PC users, but all they said date-wise was that you'd be able to get it in early 2013.

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
I just finished end game build 32, I have gotten very good at building characters.

On my main (who was also my first character) however, I made some HUGE mistakes. I would get stupid and unnecessary or unneeded perks, sometimes following complete unneeded perk trees or branches for one unneeded perk. But when you are like me and don't like wasting your first character I made sure as hell to find a way to make the wasted perks not matter. Now I find I have too many perk points on some builds.

Here's my first build: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
Here's it's remake I plan on doing one day: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!

Alphastrike09

It is possible to reset your perks.
At the end of the main quest of the Dragonborn DLC. After defeating Miraak, you are able to selectively clear perk trees at the cost of one dragon soul per tree.

Leeroy

Gutted, am at like lvl 31 and started to realise things like why cant I upgrade certain weapons? why can't I upgrade certain armors? Why am I gettin slapped about by everybody when last week I was kickin ass? Then it hit home am wasting my perks on the wrong tree's :sadface:

Am gutted I can't change my perks around, but regardless I am going to carry on. Love a challenge anyway and see if my character can hack it!!!

p.s. Can't wait to start a new character, also to have a ago of the DLC's ;)

I guess I'm lucky..I've got 12 perk points unused

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts