Can you dismiss a horse?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Boxhead327

Shadowmere keeps on following me, and I am a stealth-based character, making it annoying to fast travel somewhere and find him getting attacked or attacking something. However, I don't want to kill him.

Ghost town

Take him to a fort that has enemy archers in the wall that Shadowmere can't get to. They will eventually kill him. There's a couple of forts that have locked gates in the front. These are perfect. Shadowmere will respawn in about three days but will remain at the dark pool where he first appears in the game.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
...Shadowmere will respawn in about three days but will remain at the dark pool where he first appears in the game.
This is not correct. Shadowmere respawns at the location where he is killed and he does so 15 days later (provided you don't revisit the cell).

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
On the PC you need to use a mod like Oblivious Horses (best one IMO) to make them ignore enemies and battles.

Nakatsu_Hime

You just say "I think you are unworthy - Hardly worth my efforts of friendship".

I think that would be dismissive enough.

*EDIT*
Yesterday I stumbled across a dead bandit, and nearby was his horse, patiently waiting.
It looked more like a dray horse, not a fast steed, but, nevertheless, I thought I'd have a go.

After a couple of miles I got bored. Mostly due to:
- His persistant farting;
- The fact that he moved little faster than I did on foot;
- He smelt funny;
- I was getting saddlesores on my bum.

I dismounted in an army base, and the horse promptly wandered off.
However, whenever I fast-travelled anywhere - there he was again... wandering off.

After a few attempts at losing him, I humanly cut his throat.

He no longer follows me.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts