• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Reaper0021

Steam: Reaper0021
I have now watched this 5 times in a row.

I can say that after 8 years of WoW (World of Warcraft) I'm so anxiously awaiting this gem. Let's hope that Zenimax gets it right and makes a WoW killer...and if not a WoW killer (I love WoW don't really want it killed) then a game that can compete with WoW on equal footing.

Reaper0021

I don't remember which one that was. Was it one of the bodyguard elves?
Elven for "Branch" actually.
AND on a different note, they BETTER make this "Elder Scrolls Online" worthy of the reputation of the Elder Scrolls name.

JoeReese

I hope they do, although I don't think I'll be able to play it. Have been planning a good gaming computer, but having to be online to play half the games you buy now rules out those who don't live in good broadband areas.

JoeReese

Speaking of which...

We're going to be in dial up country. Do you know, offhand, what Steam does in the background while you play Skyrim on PC? Have been planning a good game pc, but I don't know enough about how Steam works. Does it need good connection speed, or does it just connect to log in and then pretty much stay to itself? I'll have enough processor and all to run the program but my net is going to suck.

Reaper0021

I hope they do, although I don't think I'll be able to play it. Have been planning a good gaming computer, but having to be online to play half the games you buy now rules out those who don't live in good broadband areas.
SIGH that sucks. I've been looking for friends to add to my Steam and X-Box live to game with in the future.

JoeReese

SIGH that sucks. I've been looking for friends to add to my Steam and X-Box live to game with in the future.

Well, this is only a rental. We haven't found the right one to buy yet. We know the general area, parts of which are still on dial up, but parts closer to the cities have have cable. We'll see...unfortunately the location will be more important than the net. Maybe they'll have good satellite net by then.

Reaper0021

Speaking of which...

We're going to be in dial up country. Do you know, offhand, what Steam does in the background while you play Skyrim on PC? Have been planning a good game pc, but I don't know enough about how Steam works. Does it need good connection speed, or does it just connect to log in and then pretty much stay to itself? I'll have enough processor and all to run the program but my net is going to suck.
Steam can be set to correspond with w/e connection speed you use. I have, literally, 2 friends on my Steam that use Dial-Up. You can set Steam to NOT do anything in the background while your playing. Steam can be configured in a thousand different ways. Literally. Then again, I am a programmer so I can, literally, go into it and do a bit more to it than the average joe. But, if and when you get a Steam, together we'll set it up and get it running just right for you.

JoeReese

That would be totally awesome. Thank you. I'm also looking into mobile hotspots. We'll have to get down there and see what there is.

Reaper0021

Joe is having server "Latency" issues that's why you all see multiple posts from him. It wasn't intentional or his fault. This is to other members out there and any Moderators that may look at this thread.

Ilrita

The Imperial Storm
*Talking of the Inheritance cycle only makes me shiver for I remember the 'language' in it...and the disappointing 'ending'.*

I haven't played much WoW because it, itself, wasn't really my thing. I don't mean the type of game it is, but what it was. Hopefully I made sense. So I'm hoping that TESO will finally be the online game that I play like a super zombie. :D

I have watched that trailer ten times now. Psychs me up every single time!

Reaper0021

*Talking of the Inheritance cycle only makes me shiver for I remember the 'language' in it...and the disappointing 'ending'.*

I haven't played much WoW because it, itself, wasn't really my thing. I don't mean the type of game it is, but what it was. Hopefully I made sense. So I'm hoping that TESO will finally be the online game that I play like a super zombie. :D

I have watched that trailer ten times now. Psychs me up every single time!
WoW is and was the best to me. I played a lot of Everquest, but WoW to me took ideas from Everquest and then tried to perfect them. I hope TESO is what it seems to be and I hope they do it justice because I don't want the name "Elder Scrolls" associated with a failed MMO and ridiculed. That would really piss this old man off.

JoeReese

Joe is having server "Latency" issues that's why you all see multiple posts from him. It wasn't intentional or his fault. This is to other members out there and any Moderators that may look at this thread.

Thanks man. It was behaving like it wouldn't accept the post...then suddenly there were three. Sorry bout that, all.

Reaper0021

Thanks man. It was behaving like it wouldn't accept the post...then suddenly there were three. Sorry bout that, all.
Yeah I think they reset the servers actually. Rebooted them. It's going to probably take a day or two for them to work out all the bugs/latency issues.

JoeReese

Cool, thanks man. 'Tis ok, though. I did the dishes, made a sammich, had a cup o' coffee, and am back. :)