Camps/Dungeons/Fauna not Respawning

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Onyx

Hi All,

This probably belongs in the bugs forum but just wanted to see if anybody else has experienced this as I found nothing on the net.

Since the patch, I have started a completly new game (instead of loading from my master save at the begining) to create a new char. This is dangerous cause usually when I do this the start bugs (Dragon not showing up etc) but this seemed to go ok.

However, now I have noticed that bandit camps/dungeons and fauna do not respawn. Usually they respawn after a few game days but for me it has been a game month or two since I took out the initial ones (Embershard, Silent Moon, Steam,) and they have still not respawned.

I have not yet seen the Grey Beards so not sure if this is effecting anything. Right now this is not an issue, but might be later in the game when I have cleared all/most of the dungeons

Anybody else experienced this or know why this might be happening?

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Some of the dungeons don't respawn for me and the camps. I'm not sure if its a bug or just randomly generated when they/if they will respawn.

Onyx

Thanks Volsung. The camps I have noticed this one where all ones that have respawned quickly on other saves. Will continue to play and see if this fixes it self. Not such a biggie now, but can effect gameplay later down the line where there is nothing to kill lol

Also enemies do not respawn at un-marked camps or standing stones either :sadface:

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Also enemies do not respawn at un-marked camps or standing stones either :sadface:

As far as I know, these are not scripted to respawn at all. Not 100%, but from what I've heard and seen first hand.

Onyx

I have seen them respawn on my other chars (linked to my previous master save that seems to be the most bug free one). At places close to helgen there is a bandit camp with 3 bands (just west of it I think) and they are also back when I head back that way (usually several days/weeks after I kill them) and also they return at stones which they do not do here either :S

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Very strange. Must just be random generated for each game?

Onyx

Aye possibly. Thanks for the feedback Volsung

Stone

Retired Moderator
Moved to help section.

Onyx

I don't know about stones/camps but dungeons across Skyrim are all on a 30 day(in game) reset. Once you have cleared a dungeon you must wait a full month for it to become inhabited again.
Thanks for that, maybe I have not been patient enough! Will test out waiting a month and see if they respawn.

Thanks!

Garrison

Too bad; I guess you know that you've visited once. Would be a nice enhancement to have an additional label called "Respawned" to replace "Cleared". Then you would know when they repopulate.

Onyx

Once a location respawns, does the 'cleared' map label get removed?
I do not think so. On previous chars, the locations had the "cleared" status but when I went there the enemies had respawned.

Ross Jenvey

I don't understand what is happening to my game, but enemies don't re-spawn at all, for example, I go to the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon and the Dremora have disappeared, I go to dragon lairs and they haven't re-spawned all the loot spawns but the enemies do not, is anyone else having this problem? I'm playing on Playstation 3 it was after the last patch that this started happening, I started a new character, but it's just happening to this one now too. Any information as to what the problem is would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

BSE

As Ebony Knight said, most dungeons are on a 30-day respawn schedule. However, if you visit the dungeon before the 30 days are over, the 30-day timer restarts at zero. Not sure if that helps.

Ross Jenvey

I'll give it a try but I was travelling between Markarth and Riften a lot and that's something like 51 hours I think. I'll give it a try though, thank you