Calender and Holidays in skyrim

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Level VII

Do'vish
I was just wondering, are there any actual holidays in skyrim? I remember reading that there were in daggerfall or something like that. And if not, what holidays have you made up if you have at all? I kinda feel the whole calender system is underused. (I don't really know a lot about all the months and if something different happens in some of them)

Stone

Retired Moderator
There's not as I know of, however Honeyderp 's idea sounds good. ;p

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Closest I remember seeing to a holiday in Skyrim was the Burning of King Olaf festival in Solitude, though I got the impression that only Solitude holds it.
Beyond that, I imagine there'd be holidays based on seasons/harvests, special events (Empire's founding, for instance).
Might be some holidays celebrating the successes of the heroes of past TES games, too.

Neriad13

Premium Member
Every single TES holiday and their known origins are listed here, on the Elder Scrolls Wiki. :) However, the only time any of them were ever implemented were in the first two games. Though it'd be so cool to be able to walk into a city on a certain day and see its drunken residents parading around the streets. It'd be a bit of an easter egg.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts