• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
What do you guys think about buying Skyrim before the initial release date? I am dying to play this game but I think by buying it early I could be ruining the momentous midnight release with all the other fans, on the other hand I could be playing Skyrim right now!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
wait, how would you go about buying the game before the launch date? I guess you need to know some of the people who works at distribution? I'm playing it off Steam so there's no way I can have a way around that haha

A local game store that I never go to sells their games before the release date, they've done it with a lot of titles. It could be a grey market copy so I don't think I want to risk it.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
That's a dubious game store if you ask me. If you do pre-order it and get your hands on first run edition, you get Skyrim's map, which only included on that edition. Phew, does anyone remember the time when PC game boxes were size of cerials and there was all kinds of stuff included without any extra cost?

Cole

Mythik
If I were you, I would go to the midnight release. If there's going to be a lot of people there, it will be a lot of fun. They'll have competitions and prizes to give out as well, so the chance to get more stuff is nice. Do you know if there will be a lot of people or if there will be stuff to win?

Sheogorath

Cheese for everyone.
Some people were getting copies at my local walmart. All they had to do was go in there to somebody that didn't know much about video games and tell them that they pre ordered it and that it wasn't on the shelf yet lol.

If I were you, I would go to the midnight release. If there's going to be a lot of people there, it will be a lot of fun. They'll have competitions and prizes to give out as well, so the chance to get more stuff is nice. Do you know if there will be a lot of people or if there will be stuff to win?
There should be a lot of people, me and some friends are having a BBQ that night and going to the release after. Should be fun!

Cole

Mythik
Then I would wait and hang out with friends, drink and feast and have fun at the release. =D

Flamingtaco

Well if you get it on pc you wont be able to play anwsy. And that store is breakingnlegal contract by selling early

Travis

A local game store that I never go to sells their games before the release date, they've done it with a lot of titles. It could be a grey market copy so I don't think I want to risk it.
Yeah man, I wouldn't risk that. Just be patient and wait for the official release. Then you know you are getting the xp Bethesda intended you to have. You don't want to mess this game up for yourself :)

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
Midnight release is fine with me. I pick up my collectors edition..and i get a whole night to myself with this game I'm surly going to atleast try and complete 100 side quests the first night.

Travis

Dang man! An all nighter right off the bat. I guess it will be friday, but if you get it thu at midnight, do you not have to be at work fri?

Akatosh

I Pre-ordered my copy when they first allowed you to pre order it so i think it was around January. so all i have to do is to pick that up. i can't wait.

Flamingtaco

Yeah man, I wouldn't risk that. Just be patient and wait for the official release. Then you know you are getting the xp Bethesda intended you to have. You don't want to mess this game up for yourself :)
One of the many reasons why i hate that the game got pirated. Its not the final version so anybody who downloaded that will probably be bashing Bethsoft