Buying First House... What do you reccomend?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kaisersaucy

If your just starting out I would suggest Breezehome in Whiterun, you can get it for free and Whiterun is a greet town full of shops also Whiterun is in a great location right I the middle of the map.

I have all the houses in Skyrim my favorite house is Hjerim in Windhelm because of how open the house feels great place to show off my trophies just wish I could get the blood off the floor.

You've missed the chance I think, I read something about Hjerim which said that cleaning up after the murderer must be the first thing you purchase in the house......If not there's a glitch which means the option to clean up the mess vanishes and your stuck with pools of blood and bones all over your nice living room floor.

And on Honeyside in Riften......It seems to have two values, If you have exactly 5000 then when you ask the steward about it an option appears which say's "I'll take it" and you get it for 5000 gold, making it the joint cheapest house in the game. But if you have more than 5000 they ask for 8000 gold. So if your buying it, just make sure you have 5000 gold on you at the time & you should be able to get it for the same price as Breezehome. Bit of a bargain in that case, as you get mannequins, option of a garden, tanning rack, enchanters table, alchemy table, access to your home from outside the city walls, and even closer proximity to shops, market stalls, and the Jarls castle. So you actually get a fair bit more for your money than with breezehome.

Nice good thing i just started the game over I'am going to boost up to 81 before i start any major quest lines.

Just have to go harvest some blood now :)

Cyren

How do you get lost? When you enter the gate, turn right run to the end and up the stairs and you're there.

Because I'm retarded... I am an avid hiker in the bush in real life, and can find my way around without a compass... put me in Skyrim, and I am a mental midget.