• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "I'm sorry, I don't think I ever caught your name. My name is Khaose," The Khajiit said as Verthyn locked the door behind them, making sure no Thalmor followed.

He looked to the heavily armored catwoman, he was unfamiliar with the Khajiit of Elsweyr, there were next to none in Morrowind, perhaps he had once or twice seen a Khajiit slave in Tear, but that was all.

"Name's Verthyn, Verthyn Valeri, pleasure." He said, as he placed his large fur coat in a wardrobe, and added two large steel daggers to the collection of robes and cloaks within the wardrobe. He looked back to the Nords and the Khajiit.

"You two, brothers? You don't speak much... No matter... You should be safe here for a while, there's food on the table, and beds downstairs, need anything from ourside let me or Joryn here know, and we'll get it for you."

Verthyn walked past the dining family, to sit down further off by his alchemy lab, a disgraceful comparison to the majestic lab he once owned back in Morrowind, but it functioned at least, even if the produce was different, he made potions and medicine more these days, poison was a risk, but some still payed for it, although in highest secrecy.

He sighed as he though of Morrowind, swore to himself and cursed them for exiling him, as he begun mashing mountain flowers together with Blisterwort mushrooms.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "Look, that's a nice offer, but it sounds like this one here has a few problems he needs to work out before he gets into a real war. How much did you hear? And I don't mean to sound racist, but how do I know you're not a spy?" Varian looked at them straight faced. "Me? A spy? I'd never stoop so low as those filthy Thalmor. They think themselves gods, yet they are simply scum who deserved to be wiped from the face of this planet. I'd sooner cut off my own arms before I join the Thalmor." He paused for a moment, smiled, then continued. "However, if you'd like we can head back to that inn and wait for more guards to show up. I'd gladly melt the skin off of any other Thalmor who show up to arrest us."

He looked at his surroundings and breathed in the cold air. "You know, this," He stopped and raised his arms in the air, gesturing at the ships docked nearby. "Is a horrible hiding place. I could hear you guys from quit a distance away. And anyone on the ships could have seen you. If you wanted to hide from the guards I'd recommend hiding on the west side of the bridge." He turned to Delsin. "So you have problems? I'm sure we could sort them out quite easily. And if not," He turned to the others. "Perhaps you'd be willing to start somewhat of a resistance with me? Anything to kill some Thalmor." He smiled.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Delsin listened to Amy and the new Elf, and at the end smiled grimly. "This Elf," Delsin said pointing at Varian, "Is one of my kind." Delsin hoped not to upset the elf by saying this, or offend him, but he didn't seem as stuck up as his brethren. "A resistance, a rebellion." He said, looking at Varian.

"Delsin, no!" Sofie pleaded, "That is just bloody stupid!"

Delsin frowned, then his expression lit up like it was brilliant. "Nirn can't be oppressed forever, is this the world you want left for us? For your kids for anyone!? No.. We get to make a change, even if we die doing it."

Delsin looked to Amy, "Amy." He said in a calm tone. "You can't tell me this is a bad idea, it's what Skyrim needs. You can't give as much lectures as you want, Skyrim needs to rebel with a rebel yell. It needs to stand up to it's tormentors, I'd rather die helping free skyrim than to live and watch it crumble down to nothing."

Sofie just sighed. "Delsin, we'd need an army. You'll cause a massacre, then what will you have accomplished? You've got a false sense of what would happen."

"What would you know!?" Delsin snapped, "You're nothing but a pampered up little girl from high rock! You got everything you asked for! You don't know what it's like to be oppressed, in fact you're probably profiting off of the Thalmors oppression."

Sofie looked shocked and offended, but Delsin didn't care.

"You never worked for anything, it was always there! That's why you're so 'okay' with our authorities. As long as they give you what you need, right?"

"Delsin just stop."

"If you're going to oppose me, you can just go." Delsin then turned to Varian. "Sorry about that, but you're right. But first me and uh, Amy,-" he says gesturing to her "need to get to Whiterun. You're welcome to join us." Delsin would admit it was huge step, wouldn't be done in a day, but needed to be done.
    -
    Sofie was used to Delsins outbursts of abuse, but this one really hurt. It was never in front of others and what had she done this time? He usually apologized, and they usually happened after an emotionally traumatic event but this time.. He wasn't being himself, he was being cruel.

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    "This Elf is one of my kind. A resistance, a rebellion." Varian smiled about to speak when the girl began to whine. He rolled his eyes.

Varian stood there, arms folded, waiting for the two to stop fighting. Seems like this SOFIE needs to work out some problems of her own. The argument carried on for a moment before Delsin spoke again. "Sorry about that, but you're right. But first me and uh, Amy needs to get to Whiterun. You're welcome to join us." Varian looked to Sofie, making sure she was done fighting. After a moment he looked back to Delsin. "I'd be glad to join you. I've been holed up in this hell hole of a town too long. That and I just killed some Thalmor so they're probably after me again." He reached his hand out once more and smiled.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Amy cared little for Delsin snapping at Sofie. All it proved was that Delsin was careless. But if what he said was true about Sofie's upbringings, then he was right about this girl probably not knowing what she was talking about.

Delsin then offered this "Varian" to join them.

"I'd be glad to join you. I've been holed up in this hell hole of a town too long. That and I just killed some Thalmor so they're probably after me again." He reached his hand out once more and smiled.

"Welcome to the club," Amy shook his hand. "I suppose I can't stop you from coming with us, but I'm warning you, this one could kill your 'resistance' while they slept from what I've gathered." Amy gestured toward Delsin. "He needs help, and we can give him that. I only say no to your offer for now because I've been warned to do so by the others in my group. However, if you're serious about this, we may be able to convince them to join. We stayed neutral in the Stormcloak war, and look where that got us."

Amy looked around. Night had fallen, the guards were on high alert, and any moments spent here was wasted time.
    "We can speak more on the way to Whiterun. Right now we need to worry about getting out of damned place!"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    ((OOC: All character controlling of Varian was written by Alex and given permission by Alex))

The trip was underway quickly, they avoided the main roads which would hinder the speed of their journey but increase the chance of them avoiding any and all Thalmor.

Delsin rode next to Sofie, who was very unpleased with him. "That was humiliating." She said, not moving her eyes from the path ahead. Amy was leading and Varian was a little behind them. "Don't care." Delsin said gruffly.

"Are you seriously going to behave like this?" She asked, being careful not to raise her voice above the trotting of the horses. She felt as though the Thalmor could jump out and bust them at moment. Delsin just began to slow his horse down, and Sofie rolled her eyes as she noticed this.

She sped up a little to Amy, who was alone. "Hey," she said as she was approaching, "So why do we have to go with you?" She asked, "Why Delsin?" She was a little nervous of talking to this woman, but did her best to hide it. "Delsin isn't really.. The most charming guy to have accompany you, what would this trip accomplish? Besides, you guys aren't even talking."

-

"Varian." Delsin said he the elf caught up, "Can we have a little chat?" He asked. The elf nodded and the two slowed their pace a little until the two were out of ear shot. "So were you born in Skyrim?" Delsin asked.

"I come from Summerset Isles. I haven't been here too long. I'm...training." Varian sighed and looked to the ground. It was easy to tell that this was a touchy subject for him. "My family was killed. The Thalmor came in and took over Summerset Isles and renamed it Alinor." Subconsciously he began to clench his fists. "They killed my family. My mother...father...my brother... My wife and I barely made it out. She was wounded badly." Delsin watched his eyes, noticing the tears slowly beginning to form. "I swore I'd come to Skyrim, learn magic, and destroy the Thalmor. That's why I'm here, and I'm not leaving until every last Thalmor is dead. This whole holocaust has just made the job easier." He gave a weak smile and looked away.

"That's a tough tale, mind sharing what life was like growing up? Never been there myself or heard much about it." The horses were trotting alongside, so Delsin and Varian could talk very easily.

"Look Delsin, I really don't want to talk about home. It isn't exactly a nice subject for me, and I hardly know you." Varian gave Delsin a cold smile. "Sorry...just... forget it."

Delsin saw the pain the man was facing, and left that topic alone. He let a few minutes pass before breaking the every growing silence. "So this rebellion..." He said, creeping in the idea. "How would we gather everyone? I mean back at the inn everyone was afraid, if we tried to get everyone else they'd likely just cower. I don't have a silver tongue, I can't lead, could you think of a plan? Amy is taking us to the companions, if we could rally them on our side... They're respected by damned near everybody, and they're very good fighters." Delsins spoke quickly in a hushed tone. "Varian, once this rebellion starts it's either going to conquer or be conquered. We'll need to be organized and armed to the teeth, weapons and magic. How do you suppose we gather the numbers?"

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Varian swallowed the lump in his throat, keeping his eyes on the road ahead of him. Even as Delsin spoke he made no eye contact. Pain welled up inside him, heavy in his chest. Everytime someone brought up home this happened. The pain lasted so long. If only I could turn this pain into anger. Then it could actually be of use. Varian cleared his throat, realizing he neglected to answer the man's question.

"Delsin, you act like this is going to be hard. You forget where we are." He gestured to the land around him. "Skyrim. Every Nord in this province hates the Thalmor. It's not going to be hard to get them to WANT to join us. What's going to be hard, is finding Nord's with the skill to fight." He left Delsin to his thoughts as he rested his head on his horses neck. He'd always loved horses. He never learned to ride very well, but he found them extraordinary; the way they could move so fast and travel for so long, all while carrying such a heavy load. Nevertheless, he was new to riding, and the pain and stiffness in his legs and buttocks wall all too noticeable.

Groaning, he stretched, yawned, and looked up to the sky. The sun was barely visible behind the mountains. Only a few more hours and they'd be high in the sky. We better hurry up and get to that secret entrance Amy was talking about. He thought to himself, looking off in the distance. The city was only slightly visible from where they were.

He turned back to Delsin. "And yes, you're right. Having the Companions on our side will make this much easier. They're a well respected group. We just have to hope we can really trust Amy to get us in..."

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    The sun was beginning to rise. In the distance, the walls of the city were becoming visible over the hills. The air was a bit chilly, but at least it was warmer than in Windhelm. Amy could never imagine why someone would want to live in a city like that.

Amy heard Sofie bring her horse closer, but she did not look at her when she spoke. "Hey," Sofie began, "So why do we have to go with you?" She asked, "Why Delsin?" Amy could sense her nervousness. It wasn't apparent in her voice, but the way she composed herself seemed to give it away. "Delsin isn't really.. The most charming guy to have accompany you, what would this trip accomplish? Besides, you guys aren't even talking." Amy looked back at Delsin. He and the elf were lagging behind, having some sort of discussion.

"I don't mean to interrupt your chit-chat, but could you two keep up? I don't want to have to wait for you." She then looked to Sofie.
    "Did Delsin not tell you? I'm a werewolf. I'm hoping to control that temper of his, then maybe he could make a decent soldier. Meanwhile, he could maybe help convince the rest of the Companions that sitting around and waiting for the world to fix its own problems isn't going to work anymore. We can't 'stay neutral' in whatever rebellion is bound to happen, and at this point the Thalmor may even come after us. If they find out about us, Delsin better be there to see."

The path from here was out in the open, so they would simply have topray that no one noticed them. Just as Amy's horse was about to step out out, an arrow whizzed past her head. Luckily the arrow had not hit anyone else, either. However, it had spooked Amy horse, bringing attention to the group. A guard shouted, but Amy's attention was elsewhere. Several arrows were being shot at them now, it seemed impossible to tel where they were coming from. Yet, all of them would just barely miss. Her horse was rearing up on its hind legs, and as it came down an arrow hit it in the neck. The horse fell, almost on top of her, as two guards approached along with a Redguard and a Khajiit who looked like common bandits. But Amy knew better; they each had a silver sword, and she could now see that the arrows they had shot were silver-tipped. The arrows stopped. The archers must have been hiding somewhere else, since these two clearly were not the ones shooting at them.

As Amy got her leg out from under her dying horse, the Redguard smiled. "I knew you wouldn't all be home at once," he sneered. The guards simply seemed annoyed. "I'm placing all of you under arrest. Come quietly, and only the beast gets hurt."
    Amy gave a crooked smile. "You don't think it'll be that easy, do you?" She looked back at Delsin. "Go ahead. I won't stop you this time." The guards powered up there magic, and the Silver Hand unsheathed their weapons. Amy unsheathed her mace, prepared for the battle that was about to take place.

--------------------------------------------------------

Khaose awoke with a start. There was a loud banging on the door, and the person banging on it was shouting so much it was audible in the basement. Khaose looked to the thief brothers. "Ain't no rest for the wicked, no?"
    The guard was shouting that they had two minutes to exit the house.Khaose wasn't sure whether she should try to hide or just go along with it.She hadn't done anything wrong, but she was staying in a stranger's home.
    The guards busted open the door. "Everyone out! Now! If we find anyone in here who tried to stay and hide, all of you go to the chopping block!" Khaose decided she should probably try to find Verthyn upstairs.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Varian convinced Delsin finding people would be easy, and his mind eased a little, they just needed to find skill. "I don't mean to interrupt your chit-chat, but could you two keep up? I don't want to have to wait for you." Amy said to Delsin and Varian before Delsin could reply.
    "Did Delsin not tell you? I'm a werewolf. I'm hoping to control that temper of his, then maybe he could make a decent soldier. Meanwhile, he could maybe help convince the rest of the Companions that sitting around and waiting for the world to fix its own problems isn't going to work anymore. We can't 'stay neutral' in whatever rebellion is bound to happen, and at this point the Thalmor may even come after us. If they find out about us, Delsin better be there to see." The werewolf part Sofie was fine with, she could easily control herself it appeared. But what did Delsin have to do with werewolves? It made her uneasy.

Just as Amy's horse was about to step out out, an arrow whizzed past her head. Luckily the arrow had not hit anyone else, either. However, it had spooked Amy horse, bringing attention to the group. A guard shouted, but Amy's attention was elsewhere. Several arrows were being shot at them now, it seemed impossible to tell where they were coming from. Yet, all of them would just barely miss. Her horse was rearing up on its hind legs, and as it came down an arrow hit it in the neck. The horse fell, almost on top of her, as two guards approached along with a Redguard and a Khajiit who looked like common bandits. But Amy knew better; they each had a silver sword, and she could now see that the arrows they had shot were silver-tipped. The arrows stopped. The archers must have been hiding somewhere else, since these two clearly were not the ones shooting at them.

As Amy got her leg out from under her dying horse, the Redguard smiled. "I knew you wouldn't all be home at once," he sneered. The guards simply seemed annoyed. "I'm placing all of you under arrest. Come quietly, and only the beast gets hurt."
    Amy gave a crooked smile. "You don't think it'll be that easy, do you?" She looked back at Delsin. "Go ahead. I won't stop you this time." The guards powered up there magic, and the Silver Hand unsheathed their weapons. Amy unsheathed her mace, prepared for the battle that was about to take place. Sofie had only a steel dagger, she stay sat upon her horse.
    Delsin assessed the situation, Amy was on foot, they were under attack, they were outnumbered.He swore under his breath. Delsin slowly dismounted his horse as everyone was preparing to fight. He held out his arms in surrender, and signalled for Varian to get off his horse. "I agree, we will let the beast die." He said as he walked past Amy and Sofie, he gave them a pleading look hoping they would trust him. As Delsin approached the Khajiit he let his arms go by his sides. "We surrender, for we have disobeyed the Thalmor for staying out past our bed times. Silver hand, am I correct?"

The Khajiit looked confused, and Sofie was worried. She dismounted her horse. "What is he doing.." She said just loud enough to be heard by Amy. The enemies were swarming around them, expecting surrender. Sofie meakly pulled out her steel dagger, knowing she wouldnt be able to hold her own in this fight. "Good.." Delsin thought as they approached, Amy would do much better with her mace when they were close.

"The beast wil die, and the Khajiit are a beast race..." Delsin said, and before the Khajiit could react Delsin grabbed the Khajiits sword arm with his left hand and punched the Khajiit with his right. It fell to the floor and Delsin finished it off with his steel blade, impaling it in the chest. He turned to his next oponent, who shot him with an arrow in the left shoulder before he could deflect it. Delsin charged forward with his sword and with his momentum brought the attacker down, Delsin made sure the now dead elf stayed dead. He broke the arrow and took it out, it hadn't gone all the way through. Delsin began to fight, and quickly discovered their weapons were silver, which was not good news for Delsin.

Sofie defended herself surprisingly well when she had retreived a silver sword from a body after Amy had brought it down, and stayed by Amys side to watch her back. Although Sofie was the one who needed protecting, not Amy. Sofie was quickly overcome by a vicous attacker, who kept lashing out and hitting harder and harder, she was caught off balance and just before a killing blow was delivered a firebolt hit the back of the mans head. He fell down, seemingly dead, Sofie looked up to her Savior. Varian had saved her, she smiled at him but he had already turned to fight off more of their attackers.

Delsin was a bit off from the group, dealing with a few of the enemies shooting at them rather than the ones in the centre. The Thalmors magic was something Delsin couldn't compete with from afar, causing him to rush in. Delsin had dealt with most of the attackers who fought from afar and then rushed down to help Varian, who was a magic user and for all Delsin knew wouldn't do well against a melee oponent had they gotten too close.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "Verthyn! Thalmor!" Verthyn dropped the fungii he was about to insert into the blend, as the mother of the family thrust the doors to his small chamber upstairs, disrupting the whole process of the poison, his last batch of Paralysis poison.

He threw his alchemical supplies down, and as his gruesome arms struck the fragile table, some empty bottles fell down upon the floor, smashing one falling on the wooden floor.

He cursed as he flung the massive wardrobe beind him open, and quickly equipped his reinforced Chitin armor, and tightened the massive red shield of is onto his left arm. Once he was fully enclosed within his well-armored exoskeleton, he felt his heartbeat soothen once again, and as he grasped the well-known phials of toxins in his spiked hands, he felt dominant, who could penetrate his hardened armor and shield before the neurotoxins entered their lungs? All had to breathe.

He marched, and as he did, he felt the pressure set upon the old wooden planks under him, and the wood sung in complaint as the weight of a massmurderer set upon them.

Khaose met him by the stairs, she seemed to try speak, but that could have been naught, Verthyn knew nothing about the Khajiit.
    The door crashed down below, and angry voices flooded in, just as the first Thalmor came into sight, an elven war axe in hand, and a torch in the other.
    "Wake the others, we got company!" Verthyn commanded, his voice sounding almost mechanic and alien, through the masterwork which his primitive gasmask was. He pointed a massive Chitin-clad hand to one of the doors, the room where the brothers were sent earlier on, if they were there or not he did not bother too much, if they were gone, that was just less for him to worry over.

He moved his heavy boots down the stairs, leaning forward slightly, using his weight to faster move down, past Khaose towards the advancing Thalmor soldier, Verthyn used his momentum to his advantage, as he raised his massive shield high above him, shouting as he thrusted it downwards straight onto the charging Thalmor soldier, whose head cracked in a wet cascade of blood and pulp, his arms flailing uncontrollably as the blood poured to the remains of his ruined head.

More Thalmor marched in, barking orders and such, Verthyn moved further down the stars, pushing the dead Thalmor carcass past down to knock another charging Thalmor down. An arrow flew towards him, easily blocked with a metallic thud as it struck his slightly bloody shield, and bounced off it with no effect.

If he knew were the family were, he would use his toxins already, but he couldn't risk killing some of the few allies he had in Skyrim, so he was obliged to using only his strength of arms as well as his massive shield.

"Where are those fluffing Nords?!" He screamed in his mind, more Thalmor flooded in, he counted five, with the dead one, a small execution crew, did the brothers sell him out?

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Varian nodded to Delsin and jumped off his horse. He ran a short distance from the fight to make sure he had good view of the battle so that he could pick out his targets easier without having to defend. He stood atop a rock and fired two fireballs at a Thalmor guard heading straight for him. The elf screamed in agony as he crumpled to the floor in fetal position, clutching the dead skin on his face. "Now, I could finish you off and put you out of your misery, but..." He paused and smiled. "No. I'll let you suffer."

Two more Thalmor were already making his way towards him. He shot another fireball but the two jumped out of the way. He cursed himself and jumped off of the rock he stood upon. Their swords slammed against the stone sending sparks and chips of stone flying in the air. Before they had another chance to attack, Varian had already sent a chain lightning at the two guards. The bolt of electricity bounced off the first and struck the next one in the chest, killing him instantly. The other was laying on the floor, twitching, with a slight trace of blood dripping from his lip. Varian smiled and sent an ice spike into the guards chest. The light faded from his eyes quickly, and Varian turned back to the battle.

A little distance away he saw Sofie fighting off a guard. Hmm... I didn't know the girl could fight. He watched approvingly as she brought down one guard and was already ready for the next guard that was on her. But that wouldn't last too long. Slowly, she began to give in. Her blocks were getting clumsy and her counterattacks had ceased. Suddenly, she tripped over a rock and Varian reacted instantly sending a firebolt toward the attacker. The guard was stopped in the middle of his attack and the sword went crashing down beside him. Varian turned back to another fight, another fireball burning in his hand.

As he turned he saw Delsin was standing near him fighting off two of the Silverhand at once. Well that's not a fair fight. Varian flicked his wrist and sent the fireball hurling at one of the bandits. As with the others, he crumpled to the floor in pain. The second bandit accidentally stepped back and tripped over the first one. Varian watched as Delsin drove his sword through the enemy. The two nodded to each other, and continued battle.

=============================

Sulvunn woke early the next morning. Silently, he walked down the stairs to the main room and saw that Elda had nodded off. He smiled and made his way to the counter. After stealing a bottle of mead he tucked it in his pouch and set 10 septims on the counter next to Elda. Without a noise, he made his way out of the room.

As soon as he entered the frost cold air, he dove into cover behind a short pillar of stone. He looked around the corner and saw that two guards were standing at the entrance/exit to the city. Three more were nearby talking and another had a patrol that consisted of walking by the gate every few minutes, but having it in eye almost every moment. Sulvunn cursed his luck and looked for another way out.

To the West he saw a house with the roof sticking out close to the edge of the wall. "Hello freedom." He smiled to himself and pulled out his bow. He'd need a diversion. He raised his bow carefully, not letting it be seen, and fired at a wall to his right. All of the guards looked and as both of the gate guards began to leave, one turned to the other. "Stay here. We still need someone to watch the gate." The guard nodded and kept his eyes focused on the front of the inn. Sulvunn shook his head. Never leave one Thalmor alone with me. After he was sure the other guards were far enough, he smiled, stood, and fired an arrow, all in one fluent movement. The guard didn't even have a chance to speak before the arrow pierced his throat.

Sulvunn retrieved his arrow and made his way for the house he had spotted. "This was too easy." He said quietly, as he climbed on top of a market stall. He then jumped to the roof and walked lightly to the side of the house where the roof stuck outward. If the people inside the house were to hear him they'd surely wake up and alert the guards. To make sure he had enough speed, he backed up and focused his eyes on the jump. He stood for a moment, relaxed his muscles, then he shot forward as fast as he could. He reached the edge and leaped forward. The jump was further than he expected, but no too far. He landed on the city wall with a roll. Quickly and to avoid suspicion he climbed down the side of the wall, careful not to slip and tumble into the river below him.

Thankfully the carriages were still run by Nords, however that would only last as long as the Thalmor were too lazy to drive themselves around. He jumped in and tossed 50 septims to the carriage driver. "Where do you want to go?" The driver smiled and Sulvunn smiled back. "Whiterun, please." The carriage driver nodded, turn back and set the horses on a steady trot.

Sulvunn was tired of the Thalmor, as were most of the people of Skyrim, and he was finally going to do something about it. He wanted to start a resistance, and what better place to do it than Whiterun? There he would get the help of the Companions, and surely he wasn't the only one with the idea. With his luck there would be many others there attempting to form a resistance. Sulvunn smiled to the thought of his plan and leaned back. He let out a deep sigh of contentment and pulled out his mead, popping the cork. He drank only for a moment before looking at the bottle. "Curse this cold. Can't keep a bottle of mead cold for more than ten minutes." The carriage driver laughed. "Oh trust me I know what you mean. I'd try and save myself some mead but having to sit out here all day you kinda get used to the cold." Sulvunn looked back at the bottle. "Here then. You take it." The drive accepted happily and began to gulp down the drink. "Disgusting." Sulvunn laughed and leaned back once again, keeping his eyes fixed on the road ahead.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Delsin held out his arms in surrender, and signaled for Varian to get off his horse. "I agree, we will let the beast die." He said as he walked past Amy and Sofie, he gave them a pleading look hoping they would trust him. You better not screw this up. As Delsin approached the Khajiit he let his arms go by his sides. "We surrender, for we have disobeyed the Thalmor for staying out past our bed times. Silver hand, am I correct?"

The Khajiit looked confused. Sofie dismounted her horse. "What is he doing.." She said just loud enough to be heard by Amy. "Shh," Amy quietly shushed her. The enemies were swarming around them, expecting surrender. Sofie meakly pulled out her steel dagger, knowing she wouldn't be able to hold her own in this fight. "Good.." Delsin thought as they approached, Amy would do much better with her mace when they were close.

"The beast wil die, and the Khajiit are a beast race..." Delsin said, and before the Khajiit could react Delsin grabbed the Khajiits sword arm with his left hand and punched the Khajiit with his right. It fell to the floor and Delsin finished it off with his steel blade, impaling it in the chest. Amy hit the Redguard standing in front of her in the face with her shield before he could react. He fell to the ground, unconscious, and Amy finished him off with her mace. Sofie grabbed his sword and used it to defend herself.

Sofie stayed near Amy as the Silver Hand closed in on them. Another arrow almost took Amy out, but she managed to hear it coming over the chaos just in time to duck. An Imperial man was about to bring down his silver war-hammer on the now crouching Amy, but Amy used her shield to deflect the blow and use his momentum against him. She swung her mace at his feet, breaking his left leg and causing him to come crashing down. A fireball came flying towards her, but she avoided the attack and it hit the fallen Silver Hand instead.

Varian and Delsin were now fighting side-by-side, and Sofie seemed to be getting the hang of using that sword. Nearly all of the Silver Hand group had been wiped out by now, but the Thalmor guards were still an issue.

One shot a bolt of electricity towards Amy, and by pure luck it missed. Frustrated, the guard now charged at her with a sword, which Amy knew how to defend against. After knocking him to the ground, she picked him up by the neck, backed up against a tree and used him as a human shield. She was slowly strangling him, slowly venting her anger.

"What did you do with them?" she asked menacingly. "You'll never find them..." he choked. She threw him at another guard, and with them taken off guard Amy charged at them. The one she had been choking was still on the ground, gasping for air, while the other was up and charging a ward spell. That does you no good here Amy thought. She hit him in the face with her weapon, and then finished off the other with a blow to the head as well.

At some point an arrow had hit Amy's left arm, making it harder for her to fight. All the while more guards kept coming. Amy realized they couldn't win this fight, that they needed to flee.

One of the horses was still trying to fight, and Amy managed to climb on to it. "Varian! Sofie!" she yelled as she rode the horse towards them. "Take the horse. We need to get out of here," she said as she was closer. The horse was a bit stunned from a small bit off chain lightning that had gotten to it, but it was all they had.

Amy jumped off, dodging most of the spells aimed at her, and looked to Delsin. "Follow me," she told him just before she began the transformation into her other form.

Run

Wolf-Amy charged through the battlefield, fighting the urge to attack anything that moved. A bit of a fire spell caught her tail, but there was no time to douse the flame. She splashed through a steam, hoping that would stop the burning.

They continued to run for about half an hour, until it seemed the guards had lost them. Amy pounced on a nearby rabbit, no longer able to stop the bloodlust. After feeding, she returned to her human form and checked on the others.

-----------------------------------------------------

Kimrisvik

King of Scandinavia
    Jace woke up to the shouting and screaming from what seemed to be Thalmor slodiers. He quickly got on his feet and grabbed his armour as well as to ready his dagger for any attacks. "Rogga! Brother!" He laid his hand on his sleeping brother and shook him violently to wake him up. "They're here. Get up!" Rogga made a few grunting sounds before he rose up from the bed he was lying in and grabbed for his sword.

They hasted out of the room, looking for Khaose or the elf that had given them shelter. A Thamor corpse came falling down the stairs, and Rogga nodded in that direction, before both he and Jace slowly made their way towards it. They could hear more men upstairs. "What should we do?" Jace asked calmly. "Improvise... As always." Rogga's voice had a sceptic tone, and the grip he had around the hilt of his sword tightened as he took a step closer to the stairs.

Right before they got to the stairs, the elf, Verthyn, came rushing down. He looked as if he was exhaused. His shield was bloodied, and sweat could be seen shining on his forehead. "DODGE!" Jace shouted, and just as the elf dodged, he threw his dagger over his head and into the throat of a Thalmor who just decended from the stairs. Jace rushed over to the Altmer and removed the dagger. "Nice to meet you." He said and looked down at the dying man. Then he turned over to Verthyn again. "My deepest apology for that."

(OOC: Jorak, Tell me if it's not okay that I slightly controlled your character!)

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
    "My deepest apology for that."

Verthyn laughed at this, his gasmask making the laughter sound hollow and mechanic.

"By all means! Do continue, Nord!" He said laughing, from his "fortified" position in front of the host family, he grabbed a neurotoxin, and threw it through the entrance to the house. As the phial cracked onto the cold rock road outside, a miasma of green gas seeped outwards, and a Thalmor commoner disappeared in the mist, coughing blood as he did, and other Thalmor desperately squeezed themselves into the house, to escape the lethal gas outside, some threw daggers and arrows towards him, but they all bounced easily off his massive shield, his mocking laughter urging all to waste more ammunition upon his massive figure.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    The Thalmor began swarming, Whiterun was a lost cause. "Varian! Sofie!" Amy yelled as she rode the last living horse towards them. "Take the horse. We need to get out of here," she said as she was closer. The horse was a bit stunned from a small bit off chain lightning that had gotten to it, but it was all they had.

Sofie jumped up on the horse, waited for Varian to get on and she charged off back the way they came.

Amy jumped off, dodging most of the spells aimed at her, and looked to Delsin. "Follow me," she told him just before she began the transformation into her other form.

"pl*ps." Was all he could think. The Thalmor closing in and he needed to survive, but there was no telling what would happen once he transformed. As he began to feel his insides turn and his limbs change he kept one thing in his mind.

The werewolf, follow it, obey it.

And so Delsin transformed, his shiny black fur pushing through. The man was no longer there, just the beast. Amy darted off, running, it followed. Running after the other wolf, what would it do when it caught up, it didn't know.

After half an hour of running Amys wolf devoured a rabbit, and Delsins kept running Varian and Sofie were just stopping up ahead now, and Varian had just dismounted.
    -
    "We're safe, I can't believe we're safe." Sofie said as the horse pulled up, Varian began to dismount. Sofie was about to get off the horse when she turned her head to the right, and her heart stood still. Time seemed to slow down as she looked into it's eyes, she felt a strange familiarity with it, although it was unrecognizable to her a the time.

What she assumed to be Amy was about to destroy her, and Sofie was just stunned, she was in the middle of dismounting it, so there was horse between the beast and her as it's charged right into the horse.

It's claws ripped through the flesh and a mess of blood and entrails littered the floor, it's guts popped out like confetti. Sofie received a cushioned impact from the werewolf side but she hit the ground with full force, with a mutilated horse body on top of her pinning her down.

The beast scanned it's surroundings, seeing only prey. It feasted on a mess on the ground, before turning to Varian. It looked him dead in the eyes, the man behind the beast unrecognizable. It then turned it's head to where Sofie was, and back to Varian, choosing its prey. One wrong move, and this could all be over. It began to walk over to Sofie, it's walking seeming controlled and steady, it lifted the horse off of her with it's teeth, and looked down on her.

Drool escaped it's mouth, landing upon her face. She'd never been more afraid in her life than she was now, in no control and being left completely to the beasts mercy. And a beast knows no mercy. It let out a thundering roar before it was about to dig in on the feast below it.

Mere seconds before Sofie became a meal there was impact and searing heat on the left side of the wolfs face. It turned to see Varian, fire in hand. It charged him.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    As the Thalmor charged in, Khaose was separated from Verthyn. One swung a dagger at her, which she just barely managed to dodge. She was up against a wall now, and now there were two Thalmor on her. Battleaxe in hand, she swung down and split one of their skulls. Rather than a fear that they would now be after her, Khaose actually felt relieved. It had felt good to kill one of their "oppressors," despite Khaose not really being oppressed.

Khaose shook the dead elf from her weapon, while the other charged a shock spell. She swung her axe at him, hitting him in the head with the wooden hilt rather than the steel blade. He fell down, cursing, and Khaose finished him off.

Suddenly a large phial was thrown from the stairway through the front door of the house, and Khaose heard a small crack as it hit the road. Guards rushed in, seemingly terrified and coughing. Khaose bolted towards the stairs while the guards were distracted. "Please tell me you have an escape plan," she said to Verthyn after cutting her way through the guards in front of him.

--------------------------------------------------------

Amy turned around, and she could hear Sofie exclaimingabout how they were safe. As Varian got off the horse, Amy noticed Delsin had not returned to his human form. He charged at the horse and ripped it apart, leaving it with almost nothing but bones. Sofie was now trapped under its remains, and Delsin seemed to take an interest.

After a bit of drooling on Sofie, Varian shot a fireball at him, and Delsin charged. Amy whistled. "Here, puppy, puppy!" she said sweetly as she threw her dagger at him. It pierced his arm, and he stopped, howled and changed direction.

Amy put up her shield, blocking the worst parts of Delsin's blow. It still knocked her over. A small bit of pain shot into her back, but the adrenaline rush kept her from noticing. "Varian! Use an ice spell! Something to slow him down!" Amy yelled as Delsin took another swing at her shield. Suddenly a brisk air surrounded them, although Amy could tell Delsin was getting it worse than her. His swings became slower and softer, until he seemed as if he was flailing in slow motion.

He stopped, and Varian stopped with the frost spell. Delsin began to change back, and Amy stood up, hoping the chill would go away soon. Delsin was on the ground, panting. Amy stood over him. His eyes looked terrified. She helped him up, and looked around. The horse (or pieces of it, at least) were spread in a two feet radius around the bones. "Who's up for a little walk?"

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    Delsin was stunned, he looked over to Sofie, a young frightened girl. Then over to Varian, an old yet lethal man. Then to Amy, a strong capable warrior whom needed no protecting unlike the other woman in the group.

She was the only other beast, he assumed he would not meet the other companions. He looked her in the eyes and saw no disappointment aimed towards him, no annoyance. He wasn't sure how she felt, but it's sure how he thought she should feel.

He felt a searing pain resonate through his body and he squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to stand, clutching his ribs. The pain within began to lessen, maybe it would be at most heavy bruising. Most of his injuries were actually from the battle with the Thalmor and Silverhand, not what had just happened. He saw the mess he had made of the horse, and only looked away in shame.

He was cold, but it was wearing off, and his chest pain seemed to slowly fade away to a soft ache. He avoided looking back to Sofie, maybe she thought Amy had turned him. He'd have to tell the truth. He was anxious and wanted to hold off the confrontation that would come between him & Sofie.

Amy helped him up, and asked if they were interested in going for a walk. Delsins limbs were still stiff, but he could manage a brisk walk if he tried.

He felt sick, he always felt sick afterwards. He shut his eyes tight, concentrating hard to try and feel connected to his daedric prince in the slightest. He tried multiple prayers, he tried every thought that he thought would provoke attention. He knew it wouldn't work. He wasn't even sure he could send his thoughts to the prince, but him being a werewolf seemed to make him think just maybe he could.

He's never heard hircine, so he wouldn't know even if he did. Sometimes he'd think 'If that wolf walks in that direction Hircine is with me' when he was a child, or silly things like that. He was very desperate. He almost felt like a child who's father had abandoned them, only he cared for all his other children.

Delsin stood there, staring at the ground seemingly dumbfounded. Then began to laugh. He laughed hysterically, and it wasn't an 'oh I'm so happy we're alive' laugh, it was an 'I'm so effing screwed' laugh. "Yeah, walk." He managed to say.

He turned to Varian as Varian was walking past, Delsin stopped him by holding his arm out in front of Varian. Varian collided with the arm slightly, and Delsin dropped it back to his side.

"Hey, you good?" He asked, not sure if he had physically or mentally harmed Varian. He looked okay, but the frost would have come from Varian. Varian must have fought Delsin.

Varian merely nodded in annoyance and continued to walk, Delsin was a little confused at the lack of intel.

Delsin... A werewolf? Sofie was sweating, she'd never been so scared in her life. But Delsin, a werewolf? 'How could it be that he was withholding this from me?' There was no way Amy did it, they haven't known her for a day. Maybe she turned him when they were together? If it wasn't recent, how could he have hid it their whole lives when he has no control? Questions shot through her mind rapidly, and she began to worry.

She didn't want to fight the Thalmor, she didn't like them sure but it wasn't her duty to free someone else's homeland. She knew it would sound cold, but she'd only be a burden.

She'd have to split it, but how can she bring Delsin? He's a fugitive. They all are. She needed to sort this werewolf stuff out with Delsin then try to tempt and lure him away from the group, otherwise they'll both die. Sofie followed the group from behind, keeping up but keeping distance. Mostly from Delsin, she needed to find a way to approach the situation.

Delsin began to walk faster, and caught up with Amy. "So where we headed?" He asked, "The companions can't all be dead, the others I mean." He paused a moment, searching for more to say. Trying to reach out. "This couldn't have been my fault, no way they'd have gotten word that fast." Delsin then went back to his original question. "I can't think of anywhere we could be going, we're not going back to Windhelm are we?"

tdatapina

Hero of Time
    Varian finished releasing the frost from his hands and lowered his hands. He watched in surprise as the beast slowly morphed into Delsin. The Nord sat hunched over on his knees for a moment before rising into a weak stand. He stared blankly into the distance, not saying a word nor making a facial expression. His eyes were blank and his mouth sat straight.

Varian began pacing in circles, taking a moment to process what had just happened. So the Nord is a werewolf... I never would have guessed. I wonder why I never knew about this. He turned his head to Sofie and watched he expression of confusion and terror. And by the looks of it, neither does the girl. He looked over at Amy, not sure of whether or not he had seen her transform during the battle. She seemed normal and at ease. Sometimes it was hard to tell what was happening during a fight. Especially against Thalmor. Varian was blinded by hatred and all he knew was his urge to kill as many as he could. Had Delsin and Amy not asked him to take Sofie to safety he'd have gladly stayed and killed a few more.

Varian's thoughts were interrupted by a hand on his chest. "Hey, you good?" It was Delsin. Really? You think you can just touch me? You're lucky I like you. Varian nodded, aggravated, and made his way to a stream of water.

There he washed the blood off his face and cleaned the soot off his hands and arms. As he washed he noticed a small nick in the upper part of his arm. Well looks like one of the bastards got lucky in the heat of battle. He wiped the blood off grimly. That won't be happening again. As he finished he stood and looked back to the group. Sofie was still alone panicking while Amy and and Delsin talked quietly.

Varian decided to approach Sofie to try and calm her down. He laid an arm on her shoulder and she looked up at Varian, the shock still eminent in her eyes. "Trust me I did not know that about either of them, but freaking out like this isn't going to do you any good. I don't know about any of the history between the two of you, but I suggest you get over any anger you may have." He looked to Delsin then back to Sofie. "After all, that is quite a big thing. You wouldn't want to share that with many people would you?

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
    Delsin began to walk faster, and caught up with Amy. "So where we headed?" He asked, "The companions can't all be dead, the others I mean." He paused a moment, searching for more to say. Trying to reach out. "This couldn't have been my fault, no way they'd have gotten word that fast." Delsin then went back to his original question. "I can't think of anywhere we could be going, we're not going back to Windhelm are we?"

"You're right, they can't all be dead. Honestly I'm not sure if any of them are. But the only other Companion I know for sure can still help is in Windhelm. I wouldn't risk bringing you and Sofie inside, but I need to get back there. Perhaps you could stay with Varian while I try to get into the city."

Amy wasn't entirely sure where they were at the moment, only that she had headed relatively north during her free run. They were probably somewhere in the Pale, but hold boundaries didn't mean much anymore. A criminal is a criminal all throughout Skyrim with the Thalmor government.

Behind them, Varian was comforting Sofie.

Sofie.
    She had not proven to be of much use throughout the night. And now she was terrified of Delsin and Amy. She seemed like the polar opposite of Delsin, always running from a fight instead of trying to start one.

"Delsin, how long have you been a werewolf?"
    It seemed like a fair question, seeing Sofie hadn't known about it and that Delsin had little to no control of himself.

Daryl Dixon

Absentee
    ((OOC: Couldn't find Varians colour, sorry.)

Sofie was still in a state of worry and confusion confusion when she felt an arm on her shoulder. She looked up to see the high elf, Varian. Him coming to comfort her was unexpected, they didn't know each other.

"Trust me I did not know that about either of them, but freaking out like this isn't going to do you any good. I don't know about any of the history between the two of you, but I suggest you get over any anger you may have." He looked to Delsin then back to Sofie. "After all, that is quite a big thing. You wouldn't want to share that with many people would you?"

"I know just.. I thought I knew everything about him." She said, looking up at the high elf. "I thought he told me everything, but for him to keep such a big secret... Was it because he didn't trust me enough? Did he think I'd abandon him...." She was sad, but didn't want to seem too weak to Varian. "But I get it, things aren't as cut and dry as I thought. I get it, and I'll stop moping about it. She knew he'd just consider her a useless sook. "Thanks Varian." She flashed an innocent, grateful smile.

"You're right, they can't all be dead. Honestly I'm not sure if any of them are. But the only other Companion I know for sure can still help is in Windhelm. I wouldn't risk bringing you and Sofie inside, but I need to get back there. Perhaps you could stay with Varian while I try to get into the city."
    "You serious?" Delsin asked, clearly unimpressed. "You've dragged me all the way to Whiterun only to drag me back to Windhelm again. Look, I'm not a child, I don't need you to take me to the companions to try and fix my quote on quote 'problems'." Delsin avoided Amy's eyes. "I'm not going to follow you if it's not going to work out for me, you need to make a decision right now." His tone was bold, but he wasn't challenging Amy. "Are you going to rebel against the Thalmor, free Skyrim, or will you just sit on the sidelines like the companions always have?"

There was a small pause, and he continued to answer the last thing age had said. "I've been a werewolf nearly my whole life, and I've never gained control. I know this is beyond me, Hircine is to blame. I've disgraced my family by being such an untamed beast, but I know that this isn't in my reach. It's not from my lack of ability. It's just... Daedric."
    Delsin didn't know why she was dragging him around when earlier, all she did was treat him like a child.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts