• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

What would you like to see in the main plot?

• After the Reapers are defeated by Shepard, Cerberus makes a push to eradicate the Council.

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Krogan rebellion due to the curing of the Genophage.

• Geth move to destroy the Creators and any who oppose them.

• Total voters

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Excellente, will hopefully write up a CC tomorrow, probably going to be a human vanguard (combat/biotic) since biotic charge is SO COOL :cool:

I look forward to it!

EpicVakarian

Calibration-Master General
    Name: Rosie Fox

Nickname: The Bull

Race: Human

Height: 5' 2"

Weight: 110lbs

Class: Vanguard

Loadout:

-PRIMARY-
    Geth Plasma Shotgun

-SECONDARY-
    M6 Carnifex

-OTHER-
    Standard-issue omniblade

-BIOTICS-
    - Charge
    - Nova
    - Pull
    - Shockwave

-CASUAL WEAR-
    - Usually wears a black tank top with skinny jeans

-ARMOUR-
    - Typical N7 armour, painted red. N6 badge instead of N7.
    fermale-shepard-cosplay-Miss-Cordie-2.jpg

Appearance:

Rosie is short and skinny, yet surprisingly strong. She has a few scars scattered about her body; remnants of mistakes made during training. Her shoulder-length hair, while naturally blonde, is usually dyed a deep reddish colour. She wears very little to no makeup.
    hayley_williams_by_paramore_designs-d5bqokt.jpg

Personality:

Rosie is kind and friendly, and loves to chat to people, but can be considered a little too loud. She is respectful to all, but will always make fun of people, and doesn't mind people making fun of her.

Rosie could be considered reckless on the battlefield; her methods, which granted her the nickname of "The Bull", usually consist of Charging into a small group of enemies, activating a Nova and going to town with her shotgun. She herself prefers the word "fearless".

However, she never intentionally disobeys orders; if she has been told to do something in a specific manner, she will do so. This has earned her praise from superiors, but also admonishments that she ought to be more careful with her biotics - the main reason she is being kept from becoming a full N7 officer.

Backstory:

Rosie was born in Cambridge, England, in the wake of the Reaper War. The Cambridge she remembers growing up was half-ruined, with the wreckage still being cleared away and the buildings still being rebuilt. She used to play in the bombed-out wrecks of skyscrapers when she was younger, leading to more than a few scrapes and scratches, including a few that left minor scars.

Ever since she was old enough to know about the War, she wanted to join the military; the stories of bravery and heroism luring her in. She was a bit of a trouble child at school, and got in a fair amount of trouble, but never major trouble. She achieved fairly average grades in most subjects, and left to immediately sign up for the Alliance Navy.

Most small 18-year-old girls would have been terrified, being shuttled off away from their parents with a bunch of enormous, bulky men, but Rosie took it in her stride, quickly becoming a well-liked soldier among their ranks.

About halfway through basic training, it was announced that the top 10% of the class would be taken away for N7 training. Rosie, while not top of the class, fell into that 10% - and while she hated to leave her friends, she couldn't deny that being an N7 officer would be a dream come true for her. So, she packed her bags once more, and headed off to Rio De Janeiro for N1 training.

The gruelling 20-hour-a-day regime was tough, but Rosie stuck through it, her plucky, fearless nature helping her survive where stronger people quit. She, and the few squadmates who stuck it through training with her, eventually received their N1 ranking nearly 6 months later.

The next 3 years of her life were spent in the N2-N6 training, involving zero-G combat, parachuting, jetpack flight, combat diving, combat instruction, linguistics and frontline trauma care for human and alien biologies.

Once she reached N6 status, at which point only three soldiers (Rosie included) remained, they were each assigned a "mentor". Each mentor would be assigned to one, and only one, trainee, giving a close 1:1 relationship with the mentor. And Rosie's mentor was one soldier named James Vega.

After the month of awkward fangirling, Rosie finally got the hang of Vega's style, and began to look at him as a father figure. She was given the armour, the weapons, the training, the connections; the one thing missing was the N7 badge.

Her two N6 squadmates had already made the jump to N7, and she was the last remaining trainee, at which she felt ashamed, as though she were letting Vega down. Some reassurance from Vega - who told her how he had once had the same problem - helped her out of that feeling, though she is still kept back from N7 purely because of her recklessness.

Last edited:

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    If there's anything wrong with the CC, let me know and I'll change it as best I can :)

The only problem is the fact you didn't post sooner!
    :D

Welcome aboard!

EpicVakarian

crazy-dance.gif

Wasn't sure if the Geth Plasma Shotgun would be considered a step too far, but I'm glad its not; its basically my favourite weapon in ME3.

Look forward to the RP!

*repeat gif*

EpicVakarian

And, as for how our characters meet each other, I notice a fair amount of them are biotics themselves. We could perhaps all be on shore leave on the Citadel, all happen to be in the same bar, and one of the bad guys bombs the place, hoping to get the biotics. Its a mediocre idea, but it's an idea :p

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    And, as for how our characters meet each other, I notice a fair amount of them are biotics themselves. We could perhaps all be on shore leave on the Citadel, all happen to be in the same bar, and one of the bad guys bombs the place, hoping to get the biotics. Its a mediocre idea, but it's an idea :p

That's a start. I was thinking along the same lines as far as our biotic cast getting jumped. Most likely, it'd be the Citadel, because it's a major hub world. However, I can't imagine a stand-alone bar would attract everyone's attention.

What about that overlook area from Mass Effect 3, the Commons?
    ME3_Presidium_Commons.png.cf.png

It has a number of shops, vistas, dining areas, and a bar. Plus it's a major gathering place. Plus, the open exterior is a prime target for an attack, especially due to it's minimal cover. Also, the large own area and crowds would help disguise a ground operative who calls out Biotics for the attacker.

Maybe a conventional bomb isn't the best idea here, the attackers would risk hitting biotics in the explosion radius. Our Antagonist wants to capture Biotics right now, he doesn't want to kill them. My initial thought is some kind of gas to knock evryone out, but that's a little...anticlimactic.

Any ideas? Remember the main goal of the attacker is incapacitation and retrieval.

EpicVakarian

If they're after kidnapping, rather than killing, then... I don't know. Maybe the biotic-kidnapping could have become a cross-species problem, and so the Council forms a cross-species squad to hunt down the cause?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    If they're after kidnapping, rather than killing, then... I don't know. Maybe the biotic-kidnapping could have become a cross-species problem, and so the Council forms a cross-species squad to hunt down the cause?

Initially, it's about gathering Biotics for experiments and indoctrination, the killing comes later on.

A cross-species squad would make sense, because just about every race can develop biotic abilities. That would work for bringing our group together. We could start off with our characters witnessing an attack that claims the lives of a couple bystanders and results in 5 abductions. Since it took place on the Citadel, the Council would most likely call upon a Spectre to investigate (wow....this is gonna sound a lot like ME 1). They could call David and task him with this. Then, he could search for suitable squadmates (which is where our characters come in) and recruit them.

Personally, I think this works well since many of our characters are in the military and thus effected by the Council. Monty on the other hand...well, he isn't military nor is he a biotic, but he is the only engineer and would fill the massive hole in our group (because many of our characters aren't tech-savvy) plus he has seen combat, which makes him even more valuable.

I'm having trouble coming up with a good start, and this is the best I have now....unless we want to use a different avenue that focuses on Keidivh's Character's connection to the Shadowbroker.

EpicVakarian

I personally say we go with that idea, and work from there. It could be that the Council calls all our characters forward as witnesses to the abductions, and then, noticing their military status, assigns them to that mission. We could have a few random civilians as witnesses as well, that would either stay on the Citadel or even come with us to help track them down (for some reason, maybe they saw something none of the rest of us did).

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    I kind of like the idea of working through the shadowbroker. Maybe the Citadel is unaware of the threat or just ignorant of it. May add to the horror aspect if we're alone and unsupported.

As for places we could meet, it could also be Illium. It's a pretty major hub world with a huge population of biotics, perfect place to kidnap em under the radar

@EpicVakarian
    Also glad to have you with us mate! CC was excellent, looking forward to our characters meeting!

EpicVakarian

May add to the horror aspect if we're alone and unsupported.

This is true, actually; perhaps the Citadel are ignorant of it similarly to the humans abducted by the Collectors. Maybe the Shadow Broker (still Liara?) has intel on all of us as promising soldiers of our race, and once she recruits David, she gives him the information and methods to track down and recruit the rest of our characters. It would have to be very condensed, considering how similar it sounds already to Shepard's recruitment drive throughout ME2, but it'd work.

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Could al
    May add to the horror aspect if we're alone and unsupported.

This is true, actually; perhaps the Citadel are ignorant of it similarly to the humans abducted by the Collectors. Maybe the Shadow Broker (still Liara?) has intel on all of us as promising soldiers of our race, and once she recruits David, she gives him the information and methods to track down and recruit the rest of our characters. It would have to be very condensed, considering how similar it sounds already to Shepard's recruitment drive throughout ME2, but it'd work.

I like that! Another idea I was thinking is maybe the Shadowbroker manipulates each of us to go to Illium/citadel for different reasons, where we're recruited? Or lured into a den of kidnappers? Just spitballing some ideas :p

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I didn't even think of Illium!

I like the idea of going to illium, but isn't Liara a good guy? Technically? What would she gain by luring us into a trap?

Manipulating us to first go to Illium I can easily Liara doing, but intentionally putting strangers in harms way like that?

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    I didn't even think of Illium!

I like the idea of going to illium, but isn't Liara a good guy? Technically? What would she gain by luring us into a trap?

Manipulating us to first go to Illium I can easily Liara doing, but intentionally putting strangers in harms way like that?

Not to kill us, but maybe just force us into the situation so we have to be involved? I feel like Liara may have gained a bit of viciousness after being the SB? Although simple manipulation is most likely

Also is this after the Reaper War?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I guess that makes sense, providing us a means of motivation.

Yes, this takes place after the reaper war.

Zweihander

Hey guys! Sorry, I've been real busy lately with college orientations and related stuff so I haven't had much time to post. But I should have more time now and unless disaster strikes I'll be more active during the rest of summer.

EpicVakarian

Seems like we have our intro. So are we going to have our characters escape abduction via a big firefight, then they're found by Liara to explain the situation?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts